“Could Have Been Better”

Ranked #115 of 2,063 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Beet salad and fries were very good. The scallops were good (they should be at $25 for 4). The veal breast was a disappointment. Although the meat tasted good, there was very little of it. Most of it was fat. The three mini ice cream cones were very good except for the pistachio (too many salty Pistachios). I think you would have a more memorable meal at Charleston or Prime Rib or Roy's for the kind of money we paid. Parking is difficult and you better have reservations. I saw people waiting over a half hour to sit at the bar.

1  Thank Stan P

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I just returned from a trip to Baltimore/Washington DC for a long weekend with my best friend. We spent the last evening in Baltimore, and fortunately, we were able to get a 5:00 PM reservation at this fabulous little spot! Be prepared to have a difficult time finding a spot to park on the street. Had a wonderful Beet Salad which was light & had fantastic texture contrasts (roasted beets, shaved raw beets, maple-honey pecans, a bit of watercress and a bit of melted goat cheese). Also had an inventive pasta with Homemade Cocoa Papardelle with Slow-Cooked Wild Boar, Butternut Squash, Swiss Chard, Cippolini Onions and Mushrooms which was hearty and delicious. I wish I would have had room for the Duck Fat Fries and one of the wonderful desserts (they all looked so wonderful...also very creative). Being a chef myself (have had a catering business for 25 years), I am very selective, and this place is fabulous with an amazing and creative chef. I want to return to Baltimore to go back to Salt again! Thanks for a wonderful meal!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Spend some extra time on the treadmill. These bad boys with the dipping mayo's are not to be missed.

The menu changes seasonally, but in two trips I haven't found anything I wouldn't love to have again. Daughter has already requested Salt for her birthday dinner and nephew for his visit in July.

We are a group that each orders something different and then tries out each others dishes.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Ever since I tried the Duck Fat Fries and the Foie Gras & Wagyu Beef Slider I haven't been able to order anything else. Always a good time at Salt.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

It was a cold winter night.... and the "goat shoulder ragout" was amazing. Also, please try the goat cheese donuts/lavender infused honey/ with ice cream dessert. A wonderful combination of lightly salty creamy taste.