“OK if all you care about is price!”

Quality Inn Near Pimlico Racetrack
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Motel is inexpensive and You get what you pay for. Breakfast is enough to hold you till you can make it to Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds. Breakfast area soiled and trash covered. Furnishings are old and thread bare in places but clean. Non smoking room did not smell of smoke. Seems to be 2 motels in one. Signs only acknowledge first half of rooms, however after passing through small lobby area there are 16 more rooms on each floor. The second set is noisy and seems to cater to a less desirable clientele. If you want to feel better about staying here visit the Red Carpet Inn which shares the property which we initially went to by error. It made this place look like the Ritz-Carlton!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zeke48

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I go to this hotel oftenly. room is great ,staff is great, in winter we always get prewarmed room that makes me feel much better.It is a convinient location where i visits.Overall my experiance at this hotel always the best!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Checked in at 5pm, went out for dinner & shopping, came back with food for the Fridge, opened the freezer , red stuff in it, dirty! Pulled the sheets back , holes from burnt cigarettes , sheets nasty, went to office to ask for another room, front desk said no, He said we waited too late, We should have checked the room with in 5 minutes (bull crap) After checking in ! Then gave us queen sheets for a king bed! We had to play housekeeper! Never ever again, this is the worst place I have ever stayed!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Marylandsista
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

First the neighborhood. Not the worst nor is it the best that I have ever stayed in. I am a Caucasian male and I did not have any problems or feel any problems were to occur checking it at midnight. This is Baltimore folks. This is a multicultural ethnic neighborhood. Don't let it bother you and it shouldn't bother you. The check in was quick and cordial. It has a 2 story inside corridor layout which is quite convenient. The rooms were nicely remodeled. The mattress looked new. Some of the natural wood furniture could have used a refinishing. My room was spotlessly clean including the carpet. It included a desk, a sofa and an upholstered chair. The air works well and the room was quiet. Definitely one of the better of the brand that I have stayed at. When I need to stay in this area again I will stay here again. I do not feel that the neighborhood is a deal breaker. This is Baltimore folks.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank gkinaz
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was traveling for Baltimore Comic Con last weekend and I found this surprisingly nice despite the reviews. Please don't let the other reviews lead you away this is a nice mom and pop Econolodge that is within walking distance from the Baltimore Subway station at a very nice price. The breakfast was very nice with bagels, coffee, and cinnamon pinwheels as well although the only extremely minor downside was the orange juice from the dispenser was noticeably watered down from the taste but at the price that isn't a major issue. The TV was a standard tube TV with some movie channels but this never really phases me because I am always using my tablet. Barring these miniscule issues this is one of the best Econolodge properties I have stayed at. I don't know what hotel the others who have left reviews here have stayed at but I would definitely stay here again.
Very friendly staff nice clean room keep up the good work. This is definitely a nicer alternative than the Rodeway Inn in midtown if you don't mind a little 20 minute subway ride downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank buzz86us
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed for two nights while apartment hunting with my boyfriend; we were relocating from Chicago. The hotel itself is just fine and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Even the people in the neighborhood were quite nice. However, it was rather obvious that two young, professional, gay, white males DO NOT belong in this location. We used public transport to get everywhere; I now know what it's like to have EVERYONE stare at you while you walk down the street. I didn't see any white people the whole time. I normally feel pretty comfortable being the minority, but definitely not the only. I witnessed a drug deal from my room. I got about 8 hang up calls. Left first thing in the morning. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 August 2012

First off, I'm not a picky traveler and I realize that when you buy with a Kayak or Priceline that you're going to get what you pay for. HOWEVER...the pictures on travel websites do NOT accurately portray this horrible, run down, dangerously located property. We were supposed to stay at the Red Carpet Inn, paying for a non-smoking pet friendly room, only to find out they don't allow pets and the rooms aren't non-smoking. My hubby checked the room out while I waited in the parking lot with the doors locked (with people screaming and fighting with each other) and said we couldn't stay there. The door didn't close all the way and it stunk to high heaven of cigarette smoke.

So, the guy at the front desk, who was very snarly, didn't speak English, didn't understand anything I was asking, shuffled us off to the Econo Lodge property behind the Red Carpet Inn. Apparently, it's the same company. They're non-smoking and pet friendly. We asked to have a new receipt to state the change and he wouldn't do it and said to come back. We checked into the Econo Lodge with no paperwork and the guy just handing us a key. I asked for a receipt and he said I'd have to get it from the Red Carpet. We'd deal in the morning.

The room there was okay. Didn't smell and I could at least sleep there without keeping one eye open. It was pet friendly, so our two cats were good. Until.....one of them started playing with something...a packet...looked like a bag of M&Ms. NO...it was a pack of rat/rodent repellent. The package was compromised and I didn't know if my fur baby had done it or if a resident rat had done it. So, off we go to the Pet ER thirty minutes away. Two hundred dollars later, we had to have our baby's stomach pumped to make sure he got no rat poison. He's fine -- thank GOD! -- and the next morning when we checked out, we tried to complain to the manager. Not one to be found. We got a hand written receipt from the Red Carpet Inn saying we'd stayed there, but that was it. When I tried to explain what had happened and I was forming a complaint, the guy acted like he didn't understand me at all. Pretending not to speak English.

This was such a frustrating experience! I'm still waiting to hear from Red Carpet/Econo Lodge about reimbursement for my pet's vet bill since their "pet friendly" hotel had RAT POISON in the room.

DO NOT stay here. Not alone. Not as a family. Not as a couple. Not as a business person. Never. Don't do it. Pay more money and stay somewhere else...or just keep driving. This was a horrible experience and someone WILL be reimbursing us for what happened.

Horrible customer service, questionable clientele, nasty section of town. Avoid at all costs. I'm not exaggerating.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!