“GREAT STAY IN BALTIMORE”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
A TripAdvisor Member
“GREAT STAY IN BALTIMORE”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Would definitely recommend this hotel for a visit to Baltimore. Hotel was excellent in all areas. Staff and service was friendly and professional. Easy walking distance to the Inner Harbor area, Federal Hill, and good restaurants. Thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your business. We know you have a lot of options when you need a hotel in Baltimore, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you our Hamptonality. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
gaithersburg
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a great stay great room very clean freindly staff close to the inner harbor, nice amnesties breakfast was great ! We enjoyed our stay the baltimore bus is free and took us every wehere we needed to go! Valet parking was a little pricey, but I guess city parking costs big money!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Hello mariam a,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took good care of you while you were with us. We understand that parking isn't something anyone wants to pay for, but we appreciate your understanding. We do our best to keep the cost as low as we can.

West Chester, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

When you walk in you will see a lovely lobby/dining area with outside seating as well. The rooms were nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable with both soft and firmer pillows. I would highly recommend it. Quick walk to convention center, inner harbor and marina arena. Very convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Barbra G,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be convenient to the convention center for your visit. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Baltimore for her birthday weekend. The hotel was easy to find, and was in a great area surrounded by great things to do including sports games, dining, and a bar scene as well as being close to Baltimore's inner harbor. However, we had troubles when we first checked into the hotel for neither of us were 21 and therefore were not allowed to check in because of the alcohol the hotel had to offer in its mini-fridge's. We were angry at first because we were not warned of this credential until we arrived in Baltimore. The hotel employee was able to find us another room, one that did not have a mini-fridge but instead of the kind size bed I had originally ordered I received a room with two full sized beds. Which was aggravating to say the least. However, the quality of the hotel and rooms made up for the room misplacement. Overall, the rooms were very nice and were seemed to be more then what I paid for which was very nice. It was roomy, clean, and made the weekend that much better for my girlfriend and I. The staff was very nice, and I felt at home with the entire atmosphere of the hotel. It also helped that we had a beautiful view and were able to get assistance on where to go for dinner that night. In general, it was a very nice hotel and was definitely more then what we paid for, a hotel that I would absolutely recommend to anyone else seeking one in the nicer Baltimore area.

Room Tip: The complimentary breakfast is a must.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henry F
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hello Henry F,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay. I'm very sorry for the confusion over the check in policies. There seems to be some confusion as we do not have alcohol in our rooms. It is only available for sale in our lobby from our Suite Shop. I have sent you a private message to ask for more information about your stay so I can review this procedure with our staff to prevent future confusion.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My automated wake-up call came at 6:15 AM instead of 7:15. The hotel operator did not apologize but stated: "The system is just being installed, often does not work. You should have called me personally." I told her to wake me again an hour later, at 7:15. She never did. I finally awoke after 8 AM and came 45 minutes too late to my important meeting which had been the only reason for my travel to Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hello 43Petery19,

First of all, I want to apologize for the poor experience you had while staying at our hotel. Clearly we let you down, and we will review your experience with our staff to take steps to never let this happen again. I sincerely hope you will accept our apologies and give us another chance to show you that we can do better.

Bowling Green
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is quite a nice hotel, very convenient for my meeting at the Convention Center and about $75 a night cheaper than the Hilton or Marriott. The room is every bit as nice as those hotels and quite honestly is one of the cleanest and roomiest hotel rooms that I have ever stayed in and I've been to a lot of hotels coast to coast.
This Hampton Inn is near it all- Camden Yards sporting venues, the Convention Center and is just blocks away from the National Aquarium and shopping.
Breakfast is quite convenient on your way out the door, offering several good choices including fresh fruit.
I have not stayed at this Hampton Inn before but will definitely return when I have another business meeting in Baltimore because I think it is, quite honestly, the best run Hampton Inn I've had the opportunity to stay in. Thanks Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Hello Jbx1954,

Thank you for posting such a great review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and that our team took good care of you while you were here. Thank you for telling us that you will be back, we look forward to your next visit. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff.

Friendswood, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is an exceptionally well-located hotel, central to not only the sport facilities, but also to the convention center, and within easy walking to the Inner Harbor area. The cost for a single room with a king bed was typical for that area. The room was spacious and clean. Very updated. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Janice P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We know you have a lot of options when you need a hotel here in Baltimore, so we are very glad you stayed with us. We love that you found our rooms to be spacious and clean and a good value. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you need a room in Baltimore.