Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
San Diego, United States
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I'd recommend the Hampton downtown Baltimore any day; the staff is cordial and professional and the complimentary continental breakfast is very good. The location is right across from Camden Yards, and can't be beat for the area. Taxis can be hailed from across the street by the very helpful staff, and you'll feel very safe at all hours upon returning to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hello Torben B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff took great care of you. We look forward to your next visit.

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Horse Shoe, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly They tried to be the best they could be and make my visit as pleasant as possible. Lobby is too small for a downtown hotel Bathroom was very clean and well stocked. There was noise form the street below and the heat was slow to warm up the room. Overall my visit would be rated average.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank John M
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hello John M,

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm sorry that your experience with us wasn't better. I have located your reservation and will have maintenance inspect the HVAC unit in your room. I do want to thank you for staying with us while in Baltimore for your convention. I hope you will consider coming back for another visit if you return for the same event next year.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is my second attempt at reviewing this hotel. I stayed here in late November and had a horrifying experience. After two nights there, I had sustained over twenty bed bug bites that took 3-4 weeks to stop itching. I had to wash or dry clean all my clothes, put my luggage outside in the cold for weeks, and search through all my possessions with a fine-toothed comb to try to ensure that I did not bring back any bugs with me. The hotel comped me for two out of four nights there (I switched rooms after two nights--there was a large conference in town so I couldn't switch hotels), but it doesn't matter. I still would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Doktortray
Hello Doktortray,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. As we discussed following your stay, we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. I am very sorry that your stay was not a good experience. As you can tell from other reviews on this site, this incident is not a common occurance at our hotel.

Mishawaka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This is honestly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff is top notch, responding to several requests with a pleasant attitude and competance. Free breakfast and afternoon cookies are just frosting on the cake. I will not stay anywhere else in Baltimore. They put the Sheraton and Hilton to shame.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason F
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello Jason F,

Wow. Thank you so much for such a great review. You've set the bar pretty high for us, but that's the way we like it. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were in Baltimore for a conference. Instead of staying in Hilton where we normally get a discount for the convention we attended, my husband decided to stay in Hampton Inn because of their complimentary wifi, spacious room, friendly staff and great service. It was a wonderful experience staying at this hotel for 4 night!! We never regret about not taking the discount and staying in Hilton, this is a much better place to stay and will stay again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for giving us a chance to shine. I'm glad we were able to deliver the service and experience you were hoping for. We are excited to share our hotel with our guests and we look forward to your next visit.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is located very conveniently between the Baltimore Inner Harbor and the Baltimore Convention Center. We attended a Live Show on Friday night, went to the Baltimore Aquarium Saturday morning then walked around the Inner Harbor. The rooms were clean, service was exceptional and the beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank 719billc
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words. Your intent to return to our hotel tells us that we lived up to your expectations. We hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Mullica Hill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Excellent value and within walking distance of sporting events and inner-harbor. Valet Parking is highly recommended and valet service personnel were friendly and courteous. Complimentary breakfast was light on selections but served the purpose.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Hello John D,

Thank you for taking a minute to post a review of your stay with us. I'm very happy to see that our staff, including valet, took good care of you. I'm also glad to see that our breakfast met your needs. We look forward to seeing you again!