“More than happy with this choice!”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Virginia
“More than happy with this choice!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel will be my only come to place when I travel to Baltimore, hands Down! My first call was at 10:00 at night and I spoke with Erica who was commendably helpful with answering my questions. I had to make a second call and again the same positive attitude (we know this is what to expect, however is rarely done therefore it should be complimented). Based on that I chose this hotel. I was greeted by the valet guy, and really didn't want to have to pay $29 but I knew this ahead of time. He (didn't get his name) was also professional and kind. I arrived before 10:00 and was checked right in again by another pleasant person! We were early enough to have breakfast. It was plentiful, with omelets, potatoes, donuts, bagels and all that a continental breakfast should be and most important was kept clean!!! Once in the room I was surprised at the amount of space we had which was another bonus (video attached). It was clean, no odor and was well furnished. Or trip was for the Baltimore aquarium which was in walking distance, although it was cold and icy, it was still a pleasant walk from the hotel... And last but not least is Jesse (lifeguard) a fabulous down to earth gentleman! Loved every moment (1 hour) speaking to him! You don't find many genuinely polite people without having to do a massive search, he was a breath of fresh air!!!! I will be going back again!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Ieesha
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hello Ieesha,

Thank you for posting such a great review of our hotel. I honestly believe that our biggest asset is our staff. We know you have a lot of choices when selecting a hotel and we are thankful that you chose to stay with us. Your review lets us know that we made a difference in your day and I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. We can't wait to have you back with us again.

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
New York, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I choose this hotel because it mostly had good reviews on tripavior and the price was good. When I checked in I asked about getting a fridge for the room, was told there wasn't any right but to wait a second so she could check something... was then given a suite at no extra charge.. Thanks

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Amanda B,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear we had an upgrade available that helped meet your needs. I also want to thank you for taking a minute to tell others about your stay with us. We hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great customer service. I was allow to check in early upon my early arrival. The room was clean and spacious. Valet and hotel staff was very customer friendly and kind. Over all a great stay for me. One small dislike was that I could here music coming from one of the other rooms. They played it pretty much the whole time I was there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Hello Nicky J,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to see our staff took good care of you on your recent visit to Baltimore. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back with us again the next time you come to town.

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the country and this one is great too. I've never had a problem at any Hampton Inn. The staff at this hotel was clearly working hard to provide top notch service - everyone was super polite and speedy. At first I wasn't real excited about the required valet parking since it's more of a hassle and a bit pricey but all the downtown hotels have the same program, apparently because it's downtown. The entire hotel is super clean and the lobby area is very nice. The free breakfast is always excellent and they're very good at keeping it stocked. There's a gas station right across the street if like me, you want some choices for soda or whatever to take along on your morning ride. A couple decent bars next door too. If you're ever there during a game, you'll have somewhat of a front row seat. You can't see into the stadium of course but you can see the lights and hear the crowd - pretty cool even if you're not a fan. Great hotel and staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hello Mark H,

Thank you for your comments about our staff and the service they provided you. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. I also want to thank you for mentioning the valet parking. Downtown Baltimore presents some challenges with parking, but we do our best to make this a pleasant experience. We hope you will come back for an Orioles game to experience the excitement first hand. We will be here waiting for your return!

Ocean City, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was the last stop of our cross country road trip from Maryland to California and back. We stayed in 17 different Hampton Inns across the country. Each one a little different but always clean and the beds were awesome. My wife wants to buy one of these beds because she usually doesn't sleep well in other places but found these beds to be the most comfortable and always had clean sheets. The Baltimore location did not let us down and was conveniently located near the convention center. We had a great stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the Inn was within walking distance to Restaurants, Camden Yards, Babe Ruth Museum and Raven Stadium. We highly recommend this Hampton Inn for anyone visiting Baltimore!

Hello Albert D,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hampton and the Hilton Family of hotels. We are so happy that you've enjoyed your experience at our sister properties as well as our hotel here in Baltimore. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back for another visit soon.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I'd recommend the Hampton downtown Baltimore any day; the staff is cordial and professional and the complimentary continental breakfast is very good. The location is right across from Camden Yards, and can't be beat for the area. Taxis can be hailed from across the street by the very helpful staff, and you'll feel very safe at all hours upon returning to the hotel.

Hello Torben B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff took great care of you. We look forward to your next visit.

Horse Shoe, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly They tried to be the best they could be and make my visit as pleasant as possible. Lobby is too small for a downtown hotel Bathroom was very clean and well stocked. There was noise form the street below and the heat was slow to warm up the room. Overall my visit would be rated average.

2 Thank John M
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hello John M,

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm sorry that your experience with us wasn't better. I have located your reservation and will have maintenance inspect the HVAC unit in your room. I do want to thank you for staying with us while in Baltimore for your convention. I hope you will consider coming back for another visit if you return for the same event next year.