“Highly recommend this hotel!”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Myerstown, Pennsylvania
“Highly recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The accommodations at this hotel are absolutely wonderful. It is very clean, staff is very helpful, rooms are fantastic, close to most area attractions. Parking is valet so it may take a little longer to get where your going. I love this hotel and would recommend it to all. Favorite hotel in Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello jodys972,

Thank you for your review! It feels great to be your favorite hotel in Baltimore. We hope that means you will be back again soon for another visit to the Charm City! We love having you here and appreciate your business. See you soon!

Hampton Inn - Baltimore Downtown/Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I loved my stay at this perfectly-located hotel! The front desk staff gave me a warm welcome. Later I chatted with the Maintenance man as well as the valet gentlemen, and they were all very kind as well as gave me tips on the area. If you are a sports enthusiast, you are in the right area for games and plenty of pubs. I loved the architecture in the area as well. Of course the convention center is right down the street.

I felt pretty safe walking around the immediate area alone and found some good restaurants within a 1-1.5 mils radius. I did not have a car which spared me the parking expenses which was nice. There is a light rail and free bus system in the area if you want to travel without the worry of a car.

Breakfast was pretty tasty here too. Better than some other Hampton Inns I have stayed in. There is a pool and small fitness center in the basement of the building. Lots of basements in this city.

This was my first time to Baltimore, and I would stay at this hotel again if I returned for work or fun.

Room Tip: The higher up the better to avoid street noise (especially on weekends).
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello Film2Travel,

Thank you for posting such nice comments about your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to see you enjoyed our hotel as well as the hospitality of our staff. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will come back soon for that next visit you talked about. We will be here, ready to make your next stay as great as your first.

Lancaster, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We booked the Hampton Inn to stay close to The Hippodrome where we were attending a show. This hotel was very convenient to downtown, the theatre and the ballpark. We had a suite, which was spacious and worked out great with our three grandchildren. The pool was perfect for little ones, but breakfast was mediocre at best. Overall, a good choice for downtown Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Hello Ernjack1972,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to see that breakfast didn't meet your expectations. I do want to thank you for mentioning the theatre as it's often overlooked here in our area. It is one of many great reasons to come to Baltimore and stay with us here at the Hampton Inn. We hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Hernando, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is centrally located in the heart of Baltimore. It is across the street from the baseball stadium and within walking distance of the football stadium. You can walk to the Inner Harbor and Little Italy. There are plenty of choices for dining within walking distance from the hotel. The valet parking is worth the price. The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are spacious & bathrooms are clean. The hotel staff are friendly.

Room Tip: The free breakfast from Hampton isn't very good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joseph_h_11_11
Hello joseph_h_11_11,

Thank you for your review, and thank you for mentioning our valet team. I'm glad you find it to be a good value. Parking is a challenge here in downtown Baltimore, so thank you for your comments. Our valet team works hard to make sure that you don't worry about your vehicle when you are here with us. We hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Fort Worth, TX, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently enjoyed my stay at this hotel, staff was very helpful with arranging for me to extend my stay even though hotel was booked. Will definitely stay again yet will come back when it is a tad bit warmer!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Karl G
Hello Karl G,

It's warmer now, please come back! We love having you here in Baltimore, and I'm so happy to see we helped make your first visit to Charm City a great one. We know you have a lot of options when looking at hotels in Baltimore, so we appreciate the chance to serve you on this visit. I hope you will come back for another visit soon. There is so much to do and see here, we would love to share more of our city with you!

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Came w my daughter for overnight stay since my daughter had an interview w univ.of maryland.. Got sp.hosp .rate of $ 119/night .we had 2 queen beds, and a seating area w sofa .Room spacious/ clean / microwave and mini fridge in the room. Walking distance to the hosp., convenient & easy to find hotel for friend to pick us up for dinner that night.and drive around downtown afterwards. Will surely come back.. Parking $29/night :(

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Angiebee2013
Hello Angiebee2013,

We love having you here! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The University of Maryland Medical Center is a great partner that we are happy to work very closely with. I hope the interview went well!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We really do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed for two nights over the President's Day weekend. The room was comfortable, very clean and well priced. The staff were very friendly at check-in, and while we didn't need anything else during our stay, the greetings of the foyer staff were always enthusiastic and gave a great impression of the professional attitude the staff seemed to have.

The included breakfast was above average, including a few good hot choices. If you are there on a busy day though, get in early, as it was standing room only in the breakfast room on both days we were there (looked like Cheerleading and Scout Camps were in town).

It's a short walk to the harbor area and there is a bunch of decent restaurants and bars on and within a block of the hotel.

Very happy with our stay and we would stay there again if we head back to Baltimore.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Paul80A.

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed the new items on the hot breakfast menu. Our lobby can be busy during the breakfast rush. I'm glad it wasn't an inconvenience to you. We hope you will come back for another visit soon!