“great moderate priced hotel”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Sterling, Virginia
“great moderate priced hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to explore the inner Harbour in Baltimore so we wanted a hotel within walking distance but also wanted to feel safe. This hotel totally fit the bill. It is across the street from Camden yards which would be a blast to stay here again and attend a game and it is about 5 blocks to the inner Harbour. The staff is friendly and more than willing to help you plan out your visit. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet which is very important to us. Parking may seem pricey but for a big city it isn't and it is a lot easier to pay for parking once and then walk wherever you need to go. Highly recommend this hotel, great location, friendly staff and very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen l
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel and location. I am so happy to read that you felt we have "great hotel, friendly staff". Thank you for the kind words. We hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.
Best Regards
Mustapha Agourram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Davis, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel completely exceeded my expectations. I chose it because it was half the price of the hotel where I was attending a conference, and only a block away. I stayed for 4 nights. My 2 teenagers were with me for the first 2 days, so I wanted something safe and fun for them.

Here are some of the top features that made this hotel so great.
#1 The staff are the friendliest and warmest I've ever encountered. They were genuinely kind and kept my spirits up! Front desk were professional and helpful.

#2 The breakfast is phenomenal - every day you get a full selection including oatmeal bar with toppings, eggs, fresh fruit (pineapple!), waffles you make on the spot, cereal, yogurt and more. Great both for hungry kids to get a healthy breakfast! Breakfast is served 6-10 a.m. and the staff keeps the buffet fully stocked until breakfast is over.

#3 Hotel appearance & amenities: The breakfast room/lobby is clean and stylish, with modern furniture and an appealing baseball theme. There is a lovely landscaped patio where you can sit outside, right across from Camden Yards, the beautiful stadium where the Orioles play. I enjoyed the patio both at breakfast and as a place to relax in the evening. There is a small pool which I didn't use but the many families seemed to like, and an adequate gym. Free wi-fi is appreciated. The room was very clean and comfy, with high quality linens. My room had a disappointing view - ask for a higher-up floor facing the front of the hotel if you want a good view!

#4. Great Location. Camden Yards is really beautiful, and walking past it and the Sports Legends Museum each day was delightful. The hotel is an easy walk to the convention center and reasonable walk from the Harbor, which was fun for the kids and a great place for shopping and eating.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. The only drawback is no restaurant, but they do sell frozen foods you can heat up in the lobby's microwave - we did that after our late arrival the first night. But the wonderful breakfast and easy walk to some really good restaurants mean that's not much of a problem anyway. Oh-they serve fresh-baked cookies after 4 pm every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher-up floor facing the front of the hotel (Camden Yards).
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Wow what a wonderful feedback about our hotel and staff. Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel and share your experience. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Kennebunk, Maine
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here to be within walking distance of Camden Yards for an Orioles game. That was the best part of our stay. Room was average and view was overlooking an alley strewn with garbage and dumpsters. In order to get two beds for 2 adults and 2 children, we had to take a room with one king bed and one sofa pullout which was small and uncomfortable. There were only 3 sets of towels although we eventually were brought another set. Breakfast was good for a hotel buffet - especially appreciated the scrambled eggs with ham. Valet parking was efficient and attendants were friendly. Next time will probably look for a different hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Center, MD. I am sorry that your experience with the room type availability did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Liked the included breakfast very much. Lots of room to relax while waiting for room to be ready. Valet was funny, personable and just great. Pool wasn't open until five so that was a bit disappointing as we couldn't swim in the morning. There was a lifeguard which was superb, safety first. Website stated that our room would have a fridge but it did not. Liked the fact that there were microwavable meals available for purchase in the lobby if one was too tired to go out and eat; I assume there was a microwave at guest services, there was none in our room. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean, tv's in good working order etc. Bathroom was very nice and for the time of year, the room was a good price, about the same as other nice hotels in the area but with the included breakfast, that made our decision. Breakfast was really good, fresh fruit, eggs, hot and cold cereals and so much more. Coffee, hot chocolate and tea in the lobby was much appreciated and plentiful at all times. Able bodied people can walk to most tourist attractions from here and the free buses in the area are simply awesome. If you are one to not like valet parking, you might change your mind with this one, the attendant had a great sense of humour and bent over backwards to help us several times and was worth the price. He is an asset to the hotel as his is the first face you see.

Room Tip: There was traffic noise but not too bad. Not sure if this could have been avoided. Other than that...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with all my team and particulary the valet attendant. I would like to assure you that we are in the process of adding fridges and microwaves to all our guests rooms.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Manville, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I were able to get a great rate through Priceline. We didn't know what to expect since it was located right across from Camden Yards, but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very pleasant, there were freshly baked cookies in the lobby, and the rooms very very clean. The most important thing to be about a hotel is the bed and the AC and both were great
:-) We were able to blast the AC as cold as we wanted to and the beds, although small, were very comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning is simple but good and it's nice that they offer it in a city where everything else costs money. The parking is a little steep at $29 a night, but we found parking for $14 a night and simply took one of the free commuter busses to the Camden Yard area and walked a block to our hotel. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit Baltimore. Oh, and there's also a small indoor pool/hot tub which is nice after a day of walking! We couldn't have asked for more for a quick 2 night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at a Hampton property in June and decided to try this hotel in Baltimore .
Everyone on staff was excellent and very caring . Our room was great ,breakfast was excellent . The food choices were outstanding .
The valet staff was excellent as well. We checked out earlier today .They inquired where we were going and gave us excellent directions .We will definitely return the next time we are in Baltimore.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor .We heard no noise at all .We had 2 wonderful nights of sleep.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you very much for the nice feedback about our hotel and staff. I am so glad to hear that your family had a pleasant stay with us. I will pass your feedback to all my team
We look forward to extending our best hospitality to you and your family in your next visit to Baltimore
palos heights
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location, clean room, wonderful breakfast. We will be back when the new Horseshoe opens or for a Orioles game. Hotel is right across the street. Keep up the good work. The staff are friendly and attentive. The only draw back is the pool is located in the basement.

• Stayed July 2014
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you found the staff friendly and helpful. Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Baltimore
Than you