“Great location”

Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Wilson, North Carolina
“Great location”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Loved being able to step across the street for games and walk to area attractions. Walking distance to Inner Harbor and drove to Little Italy for dinner. Would definitely stay here again if you can get a competitive rate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and location. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay.
Mustapha Agourram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Love this hotel!!! Clean and friendly, great location. We loved that you get a FREE hot breakfast. Food was delicious! Also, despite the pubs nearby, it was reasonably quiet at night. Staff is the nicest I've ever encountered!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel and staff. I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Camden Yards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for convenience to Camden Yard, could hardly be closer- right across the street, closer would have been by the entrance. Excellent service - the higher your room the better- we changed rooms but still weren't high enough. We were in 418- heard cars on the road the whole time and had view if the electric company- not here for the view. Totally recommend this hotel-comes with free breakfast, never ending coffee pot, fresh fruit and peanuts always available

• Stayed August 2014
Thak you for your review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I have been to a lot of hotels in Baltimore over a period of many years. Of course, we have our favorites and not-so favorites. We had the chance to see the Orioles for back-to-back games, so we needed a hotel. For the first time ever, I couldn't find a hotel in the Inner Harbor. As it turned out, there was an anime convention that took all of the rooms. One day before the game, a room turned up at this hotel, which we have never stayed in. I am also not one to give up my car to a valet, so this hotel made me nervous.

I am happy to say that this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in at the Inner Harbor. The valet was friendly and explained everything. The front desk staff was welcoming and took the time to interact with us on an otherwise chaotic weekend. The room was clean and perfect. One thing we've come to expect in Baltimore is noise from the street, especially sirens all night long. Our view wasn't great, but it was quiet! Nothing was heard all night long, including from the bars right next door.

Breakfast was standard hotel buffet breakfast fare. Nothing special, but nothing bad.

For those going to see the Orioles, this hotel is perfect. It is right across the street and there are two bars where everybody hangs out before the game.

Overall, we like this place a lot and will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tomrudz
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely comments aboput our hotel and staff. I am so happy to hear that the Hampton Inn Camden Yards has been the best experience for you at the inner harbor area. We are so glad that you have chosen our hotel. I look forward to extending our best hospitality to you during your next visit
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great hotel, great location. Perfect if you're going to an Orioles game. Also near the convention center & Inner Harbor, and easily walkable to lots of local restaurants. Our room was huge, overlooked the stadium, but was still quiet at night. Very comfortable bed. Overall, we were very pleased. I think we paid extra for parking but that's to be expected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of our hotel, services and staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team,
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to explore the inner Harbour in Baltimore so we wanted a hotel within walking distance but also wanted to feel safe. This hotel totally fit the bill. It is across the street from Camden yards which would be a blast to stay here again and attend a game and it is about 5 blocks to the inner Harbour. The staff is friendly and more than willing to help you plan out your visit. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet which is very important to us. Parking may seem pricey but for a big city it isn't and it is a lot easier to pay for parking once and then walk wherever you need to go. Highly recommend this hotel, great location, friendly staff and very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen l
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel and location. I am so happy to read that you felt we have "great hotel, friendly staff". Thank you for the kind words. We hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.
Best Regards
Davis, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel completely exceeded my expectations. I chose it because it was half the price of the hotel where I was attending a conference, and only a block away. I stayed for 4 nights. My 2 teenagers were with me for the first 2 days, so I wanted something safe and fun for them.

Here are some of the top features that made this hotel so great.
#1 The staff are the friendliest and warmest I've ever encountered. They were genuinely kind and kept my spirits up! Front desk were professional and helpful.

#2 The breakfast is phenomenal - every day you get a full selection including oatmeal bar with toppings, eggs, fresh fruit (pineapple!), waffles you make on the spot, cereal, yogurt and more. Great both for hungry kids to get a healthy breakfast! Breakfast is served 6-10 a.m. and the staff keeps the buffet fully stocked until breakfast is over.

#3 Hotel appearance & amenities: The breakfast room/lobby is clean and stylish, with modern furniture and an appealing baseball theme. There is a lovely landscaped patio where you can sit outside, right across from Camden Yards, the beautiful stadium where the Orioles play. I enjoyed the patio both at breakfast and as a place to relax in the evening. There is a small pool which I didn't use but the many families seemed to like, and an adequate gym. Free wi-fi is appreciated. The room was very clean and comfy, with high quality linens. My room had a disappointing view - ask for a higher-up floor facing the front of the hotel if you want a good view!

#4. Great Location. Camden Yards is really beautiful, and walking past it and the Sports Legends Museum each day was delightful. The hotel is an easy walk to the convention center and reasonable walk from the Harbor, which was fun for the kids and a great place for shopping and eating.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. The only drawback is no restaurant, but they do sell frozen foods you can heat up in the lobby's microwave - we did that after our late arrival the first night. But the wonderful breakfast and easy walk to some really good restaurants mean that's not much of a problem anyway. Oh-they serve fresh-baked cookies after 4 pm every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher-up floor facing the front of the hotel (Camden Yards).