“Overall wonderful!”

Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights while the stadiums were inactive. I must say, this is a great hotel for the price! Very spacious and well kept rooms. The walking proximity to inner harbor was wonderful. While the coffee maker did not work, it wasn't a big deal as we haven't used it until the end of our stay due to the plentiful availability of coffee downstairs. Overall I would gladly come stay at this hotel again! Thank you very much for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Camden Yards. I am sorry that the coffee maker didn't work in your room; please; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We thnak you for choosing the Hampton Inn Camden Yards for your stay
Mustapha Agourram

Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Clean room ☆
Good size room☆
Spotless large bathroom☆
Nice breakfast included ☆
Fabulous, friendly staff☆
Good location☆
We love this place. I never can believe the hotel is so reasonably priced.
Very expensive parking, but it is in a city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and staff. We very much love great feedbacks. We will share your comments with the entire staff.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I would like to say that of all the staff I encountered from the employees at the front desk, the valet, the security, the lifeguard they were all so very friendly! They offered smiles and light conversation, I was pleasantly surprised! The breakfast buffet that is offered is absolutely wonderful! So many choices. My only disappointment was the air conditioning, it worked just not great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Center, MD. I am sorry to hear about the air conditioner, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We hope to welcome you in the near future
Best Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff is great and very accommodating. Valet area is small, limited parking. Morning breakfast was sufficient since it was free- eggs, waffles, pastries, fruits but come early. Especially, if there's a conference in town, like the weekend we stayed _"Tastefully Simple" conference, OMG! Diners close by "Frank and Nick's" and "Potbelly", couple bars on the way. Close to JHU and Inner Harbor area, about 10 minutes walking to National Aquarium.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the rest of my team.

We very much appreciate sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family stayed here for the weekend and overall had a pleasant experience. However, I must say although the hotel staff were friendly they were not very informative. When checking in, they basically give you your key or swiping card and send you on your way. They don't tell you about the pool or the free breakfast (hours) or explain how the valet parking works. I am used to going to hotels that at least inform guests about the amenities of the hotel. Thank goodness I knew a little bit about the hotel only because I researched it before traveling there. We didn't realize that there was a free (Charm City bus) that is easy to walk to from the hotel that takes you around the Baltimore area until the second day we were there. A kind guest at the hotel told us about it! I will say the hotel was clean and offered coffee/tea 24 hours/day which was nice and the free breakfast was good. Wish they offered more fresh fruits because of my grain sensitivity. Everything offered was primarily carbs (Danishes, bread, waffles, etc.). Needless to say, my kids were in heaven! I think that valet parking should be an option (expensive) not a necessity. We had no other choice because parking was limited in that area. I wish they offered self parking for a discounted rate per day so we didn't have to rely on the staff to constantly bring us our car to go somewhere and to have the pressure of tipping them something each time. Not to complain, but I found that everyone expects you to tip them for everything! We paid for a pirate ship cruise that was awesome but at the end, they asked you to tip them. I feel if you pay $20.00 per person for an hour cruise that they should not ask for another dime! We loved our weekend getaway but it was expensive making you think how do avg. people afford big vacations! This was a mini one and not cheap! Lastly, there was an Italian festival in Little Italy that was nice. My kids enjoyed walking through seeing the Italian foods offered and eating water ice. We ate at the La Tavola restaurant because we had a groupon but honestly not impressed. Small portion of pasta served to my kids for $9.00 with no vegetable. Also, my husband ordered a seafood combo dish that he always gets at our local Italian restaurant and it was pricey with again a small serving. My husband is 6'5! Felt nickeled and dimed there. I heard great things about the food here but was disappointed. We did go to the Medieval Times in Hanover, MD. which was the highlight of our trip. Good entertainment with plenty of food = great time! This was definitely a memorable experience for my kids. There is a lot to do in Baltimore but you have to find things that are not too expensive because it gets pricey there!

2  Thank Mdp

Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that the staff at check in didn't inform you of the hotel amenities. I will definitely address with my staff. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family (2 adults, 2 young adults) recently stayed 3 nights at Hampton Inn-Downton Convention Center on 5th floor across from Camden Yards (Orioles) stadium. We could hear some traffic noise overnight, but it wasn’t overbearing. All staff we came in contact with was very friendly and courteous. Added to your hotel stay is valet parking ($29/day + city + state taxes)—other parking garages in the area, but appear to be similarly priced. Room was fine, bedding/pillows comfortable and housekeeping kept it clean, supplied with towels. Coffee/tea and microwave/toaster available 24 hours at breakfast area near front desk. Included breakfast was good, very adequate to feed growing young adults appetite -- i.e. variety available (some changes daily) including eggs (scrambled, hardboiled), potatoes, French toast, waffles, cereal, bagels, bread, muffins, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Pool was staffed with lifeguard and although small in size, adequate for fun activity after day touring Baltimore. Near to hotel are several taverns busiest probably during home baseball games. We ate at Camden Pub and food was good. Hotel is within walking distance (15-20 minutes) of Inner Harbor Area and its many sights/Baltimore Visitors Center, lots of shopping (pavilions at the Harbor and the Gallery across the street from the Harbor) and eateries (few are Uno’s, Five Guys, Chipotle, Hard Rock Café, Cheesecake factory, Starbucks). CVS and Rite Aid are also within walking distance. We toured/walked everywhere (felt safe) in Inner Harbor area and saw Babe Ruth Museum, Historical ships, Aquarium, Federal Hill overlooking the Harbor (beautiful), and traveled by car to Antiques on North Howard Street, Baltimore Basilica and Fort McHenry. Watched talented street performers at the Harbor place amphitheatre (free). There are other free activites (including parks, farmers markets, etc.) on Baltimore website. Also free city bus (Charm City Circulator-nearby stop) is available to get to sites, we didn’t use it, however many do. Inner Harbor area parking in garages ($$) or charges/meters on streets. We were able to tour, shop and do things within our budget and definitely enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less street travel noise
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Not my favorite location to stay when I am in baltimore but we were looking for a quality hotel and value this trip. The Hampton inn definitely delivered. Hotel is clean, rooms are spotless, comfy beds, nice bathrooms. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great to place to stay if in town for a game or convention.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments wiht the entire team.