All reviews behind glass nice room late check comfortable bed front desk staff abvi refrigerator luxury accommodations
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Me and my friends stayed at this hotel for the anime convention Otakon over in Baltimore. The food was alright, stuff you would usually see at a hotel, what I didn't like was that my room had ants in it, and my friends room had damp floors. The hotel is also in the ghetto area but other than that its an alright hotel.

Room tip: If you want better, go a little more expensive of a hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Cheaphotel.com recommended this hotel b/c the 1st hotel we booked lost power. We were pleasantly surprised. This was the 2nd hotel we stayed @ due to the power outage 7 we wished we had stayd her then entire time!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
patpatel, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate it. Thank you for your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I would definitely not recommend this hotel, (if that's what you want to call it), for anyone to stay. I would have rather stayed under a bridge under the freeway. The staff was unprofessional and down right ghetto (but I'm sure that's what they are used to). The manager/owner is a serious joke. He was the leader of that nasty rat pack of a hotel. No microwaves in room, outlets had shortages and some not working, iron not working, smoke alarm hanging from wall, toilets soiled, And this was just the first day. So you can imagine the rest. Take a word from the wise, if anyone suggests that you stay at Americas Best Value Inn at 6510 Frankford Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland please do yourself a favor and run in another direction.

Room tip: Choose another hotel if you want a good room!!
3  Thank VETTE70

We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and apologize your stay was less than expected. The incident with the staff is not typical of our hotel and we again apologize and will address any issues. Microwave was brought up to your room upon request. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The hotel is located in the industrial area of Baltimore. Our hotel window view is facing steel buildings and big ridge trucks are parked next to the hotel parking lot at night. The hotel entry is uninviting and the couches are smelly. It appears that this area is unsafe @ night.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank maganda72

We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and apologize your stay was less than expected. It's your feedback that we are able to improve our product and services. We welcome an opportunity to earn back your business,please fell free to call or email me if you ever return to the area again.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Horrific service, horrific hotel. If I could give it a negative 5 I would. My family stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with the bill ALREADY paid beforehand. We ordered an extra cot for the first night, and I happened to pay for it with my credit card. Note: I only stayed one night there. Couple days later, I realized my credit card was charged a random $110+ from the place even though it 1) wasn't my reservation, 2) everything was already paid for beforehand, and 3) I never signed anything which said they had permission to charge me that amount, which pretty much makes what they did illegal.

Called them like 10 times (literally), got 1 return call ONCE. And then never again. Eventually the front desk person at one point said the amount was already being taken off and should be back in my account in 2 days. No apology was given, just a "I have no idea how that happened." A week later, the charge is STILL there, and when I call back, they say just keep on leaving the guy Mr. Patel or whatever his name is yet ANOTHER voicemail. I tell them that no one ever calls me back and the front desk person tells me she can't do anything to solve that and was incredibly flippant about it.

STILL in the process of trying to reach someone and get this settled.

If you have such a lack of respect for your customers, why are you in the hospitality business? Point being, don't let them have your credit card info! The rest of the stay was fine in itself, our room smelled like smoke and we don't smoke, but whatever, we weren't overly concerned with that. The important part, this place just takes your credit card information and charges whatever they want on it. Complete and utter scam of a business!!!

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank W Z
patpatel, Accounting at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and apologize for an accounting error. We tried calling 4-5 times to get more details on your stay to solve the billing issue, but were not successful connecting with you. Finally, after finding out more info from your last voice mail message, we were able to see the accounting error on our part. We had billed your credit card incorrectly and issued the refund immediately and charged the correct credit card for the travel agency. Again, our apologies and hope you'll give an opportunity to welcome you on your future visit to Baltimore area.