“Full of dope dealers & prostitutes! STAY AWAY!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had reservations at another hotel but a snow storm was scheduled to hit Baltimore and we wanted to beat the blizzard and come into town a day early. Unfortunately, our other hotel was booked so while in transit we pulled something up and booked online while driving - the ratings were DECEIVING! We arrived and immediately got the feeling we were in a bad place. "Random people" were just handing out everywhere and as I tried to check in (through a thick glass window) a drunk man came in and starting talking to the front desk clerk who simply just ignored me and explained why "He wasn't going to Denny's anymore!" When he was done, I was given the keys and we make our way to our room first stopping at the vending machine which by the way sells Bareback Condoms, right next to the Hershey's candy bars. I didn't bother getting anything from the machine and we made our way to the elevators which REEKED marijuana odor! When we arrived on our floor there were two men (in different rooms) just hanging around outside of their doors, what they were waiting on, I can only imagine. Needless to say we didn't sleep very well that night! Upon leaving we were confronted by two women who said, "You two ladies are beautiful, yeah beautiful, and we got that weed and stuff." ... So was that a proposition or solicitation and if it was, for what? We couldn't get out of there fast enough BUT they did offer a continental breakfast. We were extremely hesitant, who knows what would have been in any of it but it didn't matter ... we didn't eat ... all they had was Special K cereal, a doughnut and plain bagel. Bottom line, unless you are looking for a "room by the hour" kind of hotel, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, EVER!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lilladymo
PatABVIBaltimore, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear lilladymo,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay in March. I am deeply concerned about the issues you had mentioned regarding being approached by two women. Safety is our main concern. We provide key access to our side entrance doorways. In addition, we provide nightly staff security and cameras for our guests. Although we do our best, we have no control over the actions of others. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Regards,
Pat-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Baltimore, MD

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was a xmas party and as I was packing up to leave the front desk person walked in and two men walked in behind her the two men stated that they were hired part time workers sent to clean up and wanted to know who was in charge because they charged ten dollars each to clean up. Both men were wearing street clothing and looked like felonies. Apart for asking for money one of the men was asking to have beer and took food that was left in the kitchen. The conference room was cleaned up by the party goers the lack of security at the inn is scary especially with caliber of ppl that stay at the inn. I wanted to inquiry from the front desk person about the two men but she was in deep conversation with two young ladies(probably family members) disgusted I left and plan to call the corporate office and write a review.
please hire armed security its required at the inn

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bnomore
Reviewed 25 November 2013

For the price, we were not sure what we would find. This was a fully renovated hotel that was very comfortable. It was not that far from downtown, about 6 miles, and the rooms were spacious and clean. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for the weekend on the 6th floor. My only issue was the ice machine wasn't working on our floor. Had to go down one floor for ice. Other than that, decent room, heater worked well. Continental breakfast wasn't fancy, but good and the room rate was very cost effective.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My son and I went to a Raven game arrived on Sat 11/09/2013 our room was ready we were quickly checked in quickly the desk clerk was pleasant, told us where our rooms were, where to park, and for the price for 2 nights compairing 10 min away, this hotel was just fine , I have no idea where people get ghetto horror and all this crap, we walked in and out went to the store the game put gas in the car went to the conveinience store. I wasnt the least bit uncomfortable in the area in the hotel, I found all the staff and people friendly. this hotel is in an industrial type area, If you want scenery then you might want to go down by the harbor and pay $450.00/ nite so you can have a nice view and no money its great if your rich but if your just an average person getting away for a few days I say Bravo and thank you to the staff of Americas Best Value Inn Baltimore Md the room was spacious clean flat screen tv this will be my home away from home for Raven Games.

Room Tip: we had the 4th floor room 407 i loved it
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LOUIS B
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel was close my meeting training center. My room was clean and the breakfast was very good. There was plenty of lighting the parking lot at night which definitely made me feel safe. The reason for staying at this hotel was because it was the closed to my training building. Stayed a week and the service was good. Good Housekeeping, they always made sure I had extra towels since I always shower at the end of the day as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Not the best, not the worst. The desk clerk is behind glass. I am not sure of the reason, but that seems to be the norm around Baltimore. Spent 3 nights while visiting the hospital. It is close and easy to get to. The AC blew across the bed. Each day I had a different number of towels, the last day I didn't get a bath mat. A couple of the lamps didn't work. It is in a commercial area. You have a bit of a drive for food. It was close to where I needed to be and the price was right. I would probably stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo