“A must for comic and vintage toy enthusiasts!”

Geppi's Entertainment Museum
Ranked #27 of 242 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Geppi's Entertainment Museum is a 17,000 square foot pop culture museum located in Camden Station at Camden Yards in Baltimore, MD, a few blocks from the city's famed Inner Harbor. This unique exhibition of Americana and comic character collectibles spans the 1700s to the present, with nearly 8,000 items including comics, toys, dolls, games and memorabilia of every conceivable category. The exhibition entertains and educates visitors about the role of pop culture in our lives.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

If you love comics and vintage toys, this is the place to go. You will see room after room of exhibits. I especially enjoyed seeing some of the toys I enjoyed as a child.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife stumbled across Geppi's Entertainment Museum on the web, so we went along to have a look. I'm glad we did.

I only have a passing interest in the comic culture, but if you have even a vague understanding, you will be floored by the collection. Between the history and the artistry of the collection, it is fascinating. Along with that, there is a great collection of other pop culture collections on music, film, toys, etc and the history of Baltimore.

While our 4 year old was a bit young to fully enjoy it, the children's computer scavenger hunt is brilliant. Kids get a card to scan at terminals around the museum which give them questions to research around the displays and then answer them on the next terminal. While aimed at kids, I thoroughly enjoyed it on my toddler's behalf! Free comic book if you complete the card.

Overall, a fantastic couple of hours. It's not just for nerds.

(PS, nerds will love it.)

1  Thank Paul80A
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The artifacts in the museum are very well presented with one major exception. Very little, if any of the artifacts are labeled or described. While all of them are from popular culture we were left wondering about many of the things we saw until we reached the eras of our lifetime. It is obvious that many of the cases used to have labels but they've either been removed or painted over, all you can see are the faint shadows of the text. A few of the electronic displays are not working and some of the cases are not illuminated, making it hard to see some of the items. However, the experience is still a fantastic one just because of the sheer quantity of items to take you down memory lane! Once we hit the eras that jogged our memories we were enthralled! The kids really enjoyed seeing ALL of the memorabilia since it's all old to them!

1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed 4 February 2014

After visiting and loving AVAM, my expectations were low for Geppi's. Boy was I wrong! This place is awesome! Amazing movie posters, comics, pop memorabilia and more. So much fun and so much to look at. The only thing sad was that we were the only ones there! Come on Baltimore, you have to support these great places.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Great nostalgic museum. A lot of cool toys and comics from the golden age. I felt a little depressed seeing some of the toys I played with as a kid that are now in a museum but other than that it was really awesome! Service workers were excellent and very knowledagble. Excellent!