Spent a week in Baltimore for a conference. In spite of the cold weather and hectic schedule, I had a great visit - thanks mostly to the warm hospitality I received during my stay.
What I liked:
- location is convenient, with malls, convenience stores, pharmacies, the harbor, etc within walking distance. We walked to the convention centre daily and saved on transport. It's pretty easy to flag down a cab if you need to venture out further
- warm, friendly staff. Even when busy, they were helpful with suggestions for restaurants, sights, things to do, and were generally very proactive and conscientious.
- comfortable room, with basic amenities like free wifi, toiletries, microwave, (empty) mini fridge, and a coffee maker. Bed was king-sized, and just enough firmness. Water pressure in the shower was great. The street can get busy and noisy, even at night (yes, sirens at all hours), so request for a high floor if you're a light sleeper.
- interesting architectural features, retained from its former life as a bank. Some of the rooms, such as the basement vault, have been re-purposed. Always interesting to see old buildings given a new lease of life.
- self-serve breakfast that starts at 6.30am on weekdays. Mid-sized buffet with hot and cold selections like eggs and sausages, cereal, waffles, fruit. Useful when you have a busy day ahead and you need more than just a bagel and coffee.
- self-serve laundry room and mini gym; good for longer stays
Less liked, but wasn't a huge problem for me
- while the property is convenient, it isn't in the best part of town. As mentioned by other reviewers, the neighborhood can come across as somewhat seedy. That said, every city has its fair share of dodgy corners and characters, so best to exercise good judgment at all times.
- no mini bar in the room, but you can help yourself to free coffee/tea/water in the dining area on the ground floor. There's also a mini convenience store in the lobby where you can buy beer, soda and other snacks (though at a relatively higher price than the store down the street).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Downtown Hotel provides spacious suites 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms with complimentary internet and a daily breakfast buffet. We are a short 10 miles from the Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) and within walking distance of Inner Harbor and the Baltimore Convention Center. The SpringHill Suites Baltimore Hotel is near several of the area's most exciting points of interest including Harborplace Baltimore, Ravens Stadium, The National Aquarium, Camden Yards and Harbor East. SpringHill Suites is located on the Purple Line, which provides free transportation to Penn Station and the historic Mount Vernon and Federal Hill neighborhoods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Springhill Suites Baltimore Downtown