SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for work and the staff were super friendly but the rooms were a bit dated and my fridge made a loud humming noise which was a tad annoying. However, the hotel was fine for a work stay and the location was very handy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Traveled with my family (2 adults, 3 children) for a trip to the Aquarium. I am an event planner so I used points for our stay. Very nice hotel, we did request an upper floor due to the street noise/sirens/bar patrons whom you can hear in the middle of a weekend night. Not really the hotel's fault, just the nature of being in this district.

Great location to the Inner Harbor, walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, ships and aquarium. Breakfast was good, staff friendly and helpful.

2 things in the hotel's control to be improved:
1. Our suite slept 5. We did not realize that the ''sleeper sofa'' was a single bed size, not a double! The mattress was terrible and being a single size, was too small.
2. The TV placement in the room was very awkward. The room boasted 2 tvs, one bedroom and living room. The bedroom was fine but the one for the living space was hung on a wall between the living room and bedroom so was literally inches away from the other TV. It was hard to watch from the living room sitting on the sofa. Thank goodness for wireless and Netflix.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Spent a week in Baltimore for a conference. In spite of the cold weather and hectic schedule, I had a great visit - thanks mostly to the warm hospitality I received during my stay.

What I liked:
- location is convenient, with malls, convenience stores, pharmacies, the harbor, etc within walking distance. We walked to the convention centre daily and saved on transport. It's pretty easy to flag down a cab if you need to venture out further

- warm, friendly staff. Even when busy, they were helpful with suggestions for restaurants, sights, things to do, and were generally very proactive and conscientious.

- comfortable room, with basic amenities like free wifi, toiletries, microwave, (empty) mini fridge, and a coffee maker. Bed was king-sized, and just enough firmness. Water pressure in the shower was great. The street can get busy and noisy, even at night (yes, sirens at all hours), so request for a high floor if you're a light sleeper.

- interesting architectural features, retained from its former life as a bank. Some of the rooms, such as the basement vault, have been re-purposed. Always interesting to see old buildings given a new lease of life.

- self-serve breakfast that starts at 6.30am on weekdays. Mid-sized buffet with hot and cold selections like eggs and sausages, cereal, waffles, fruit. Useful when you have a busy day ahead and you need more than just a bagel and coffee.

- self-serve laundry room and mini gym; good for longer stays

Less liked, but wasn't a huge problem for me
- while the property is convenient, it isn't in the best part of town. As mentioned by other reviewers, the neighborhood can come across as somewhat seedy. That said, every city has its fair share of dodgy corners and characters, so best to exercise good judgment at all times.

- no mini bar in the room, but you can help yourself to free coffee/tea/water in the dining area on the ground floor. There's also a mini convenience store in the lobby where you can buy beer, soda and other snacks (though at a relatively higher price than the store down the street).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank iamwrkshy
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I really don't like to give bad reviews, but as an avid traveller I feel that I need to be honest. The location is fine, and near the waterfront. The staff is very kind, curteous and helpful. And I need to stress this fact, my review has NOTHING to do with the staff. The hotel is simply old, out dated, and …. for a lack of better description… lower end. I have stayed in numerous Spring Hill Suites and have been very happy. I know what to expect, and what that chain has to offer. My sisters and I stayed for three nights, and although I will be returning to Baltimore we will not be staying there again. The upper management needs to be informed that this hotel has a musky smell upon entering, the furniture is old, the carpet is worn out, and that this is a poor representation of any Marriott chain and affiliate.

I do want to thank the staff for their diligence in trying to fix the problems we had.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Larissa75
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a fantastic pre-cruise experience at this hotel. Really helpful and friendly staff, nice historical building, clean rooms, good breakfast and great location. It is just a short walk to the shops and restaurants on the harbour!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

They try hard here and the service is great. The rooms are redone and are very nice. Our suite was clean, new carpet, nice layout. The price is fair.
I just don't like the location. At night this area of Baltimore is seedy. The better choice is closer to the inner harbor with plenty of comparable hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Seapinesmiserable
Ted F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We thank you so much for vising us. We deeply appreciate the opportunity our team had on providing with great service. We are committed to outstanding guest service and 100% guest satisfaction. We are proud and grateful of the fact that our hotel is constantly mentioned among the very best hotels in the great city of Baltimore. We deeply appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to our hotel. We thank you! Sincerely, Ted Fleurimond-General Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Fantastic property only a few blocks from Inner Harbor and the Baltimore Arena. Many great restaurants within walking distance. Friendly helpful staff.

Beautiful historic building with all the modern upgrades! The room my a typical Marriott quality room. Very spacious and clean.

Breakfast was typical continental breakfast. The service was excellent.

Only negatives ... you hear police sirens all night long, but that is what happens in the middle of a city. Also, valet is the only parking at it is $32. We did not explore other options, but I am sure you could probably pay to park elsewhere for less money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple