“Great Location”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Location”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

LOVED this hotel. We got the Large suite that had amazing views. The suite was very large and was right in the middle of the city. We could to walk to all the shopping and restaurants. We had a great free breakfast in the morning as well!

Our only problem was check in. They did not have our suite ready till 5:15. It ended up being ok as we shopped and ate while we were waiting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in 69. They are the corner rooms. Very large and great views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
Kearny, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a very pleasant stay; the hotel was modern, clean and centrally located. The staff was very professional and helpful. We had chosen a room with a panoramic view; it was not ready when we arrived at 3:15. The staff was very apologetic and offered me a choice of waiting or a room without the view. We chose the room without the view. The manager came over and thanked us for being patient and working with them. She gave us a nice discount, which we didn't ask for or expect. If decide to go back to Baltimore we will be staying at the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Chose this hotel for its lower price than others that were also within walking distance of both the Inner Harbor and Fells Point areas. Convenient. Very nice suite room. Kitchen area amazing and would be great for a long stay or with family. Comfortable bed. Only disappointments were the price of parking, price of movie rentals, and the small number of HD channels. Typical hotel breakfast nicely served. DIdn't try out the exercise room.

Room Tip: Chose not to pay more to get a room with a view; what we got was fine, facing the harbor we could s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your hotel visit so much and appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I have shared your comments about parking prices with the operator as they are committed to ensuring the experience is on par with Baltimore City. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back for future visits.
New York, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Big, bright rooms, very comfortable, friendly, lots of restaurants around. Well priced. Walking distance from Baltimore's features. Since we will be visiting Baltimore again (son at Johns Hopkins U), we look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was in town for the birth of my nephew with my family and the staff here was just amazing. I cant not remember the women's name at the front desk but she had a big red flower in her hair the two days we were there. Customer service was great and the room was clean each day while we were out. Never had to call for anything it was all in the room. I will be traveling to Baltimore more often and I plan to return to the Homewood Suites each time

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am thrilled you enjoyed Lindsey's service so much and I look forward to sharing your comments during our afternoon team meeting!
JOHNSTOWN, PA
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently spent 5 nights here with my daughter. I had business in town and she decided to come along. We found the hotel easily but the parking garage was a little trickier.

My reservation was made through a group reservation which forgot to include my Hilton Honors number and didn't request my smoking room. I called the night before because I didn't get my usual reminder email and they added my Hilton number to the reservation but said they were out of smoking rooms.

When we arrived I again asked about a smoking room and Lindsay tried to get me one since they had some available. Since it was a group reservation she had to work her magic but she did and it also came with an upgrade from a studio suite to a regular suite. Thank you Lindsay. The front desk staff was the best. I really didn't require anything else from them other then to verify check out time but they always said hello and were very friendly.

I've stayed at Homewood before and the room was to be expected except for the awesome view. We had a corner room (1251) and we loved it. The furniture was pretty new and the whole suite was very nice. Lots of electrical plugs and space for my daughter and I. We had two double beds in the bedroom. We never turned on the bedroom TV but used the one in the main room. Movies were typically overpriced but we did find a $4.99 one we liked and then they also had special $5 off more expensive ones. That's how we relaxed in the evening, watching a movie and enjoying the view.

Bathroom was very clean and fairly large with the vanity area outside of it. One disappointment was they didn't have mouthwash which I'm used to at Hilton properties. I had a small bottle and we conserved. We didn't require our room to be cleaned each day and instead only asked for service once in the middle of our stay. The housekeeper even ran the dishwasher which we didn't expect her to do. Kitchen had plates, glasses, etc. for 3 people. Nice apartment size fridge. We didn't use the stove but used the nice new clean microwave often with our leftovers and meals from Whole Foods.

We only had one dinner at the hotel lounge because we stayed over the weekend and of the two nights available to us only one sounded good. It wasn't. Breakfast was subpar also. I was not impressed with their lounge but will note some good things. Sam who worked there was friendly, helpful and on the job. The other workers there were not. I did see a manager there once who was nice but he really needs to check on these employees, they worry more about standing around, talking and eating then the guests. Usually I'm ok with hotel breakfasts but wasn't thrilled with it here. It just didn't look good. They did offer International Delights coffee creamer which is great and they had bottles of chocolate milk. I pretty much stuck to oatmeal when the girl remembered to bring out the brown sugar.

Parking was cheaper here than at a nearby hotel that my conference was held at. It also had good hot water which was a problem for the attendees who stayed at that "M" hotel. And my rate here was cheaper than what they paid.

Overall our stay was great. It was clean and safe. Had a first run movie theater right next door and plenty of places to eat close by. I would love to go back and had to drag my teen out to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us recently. We very much appreciate the time you took to share the details of your stay and I look forward to sharing your comments with Lindsey during our morning team huddle. We look forward to welcoming you to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor for future visits!
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was here on business. Not only was the staff helpful and friendly, but the suite (all suite hotel) was comfortable and inviting. If you stay here, be sure to check out the partnership with the Maryland Athletic Club (MAC). This is connected to the hotel and has great facilities including 4 pools of various sizes so you can swim laps, do water aerobics, let the kids swim, and/or sit in a warm water pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business