“Great Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 3 weeks. I'm a patient at Johns Hopkins now and we stayed here for the early part of my treatment. I would highly suggest anyone that goes to Baltimore to stay at this hotel. Close to everything and very clean and well run hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you find the hotel so comfortable while you require medical treatment and I hope we can continue to welcome you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel is located in Harbor East, which is an outstanding base for visiting Baltimore. One block from the waterfront, a CVS and small Whole Foods on the same block (making great use of the full-size refrigerator and working kitchen equipment in the rooms), short (and safe) walking distance to Fell's Point and easy transportation options for venturing further away (such as the free Charm City Circulator buses and the Water Taxi). Like any big-city hotel, parking is not cheap but this location is so perfect, you can easily park your car and not move it until you are ready to leave. The 'free' breakfast is nothing special but does give you the opportunity to fill up before a day of sightseeing and the like. I would agree with other reviewers that there are minimal TV channels and also of note is that there are no in-room safes. Complimentary internet worked well but you have to 're-enroll' every day as it is provided in single 24-hour blocks (3 devices per room). The adjoining MAC (Maryland Athletic Club) allows hotel guests to use their facilities but they were not very family-friendly in our opinion, not allowing our children (who are on swim teams) to swim in the lap pool as they were under the age of 16. We were tipped off about the 'secret' garden on the 8th floor and found that to be a highlight.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and service you received so much! I also appreciate you letting me know about the internet so I can make changes as it sounds like is needed. I look forward to sharing your review during tomorrow morning's team huddle and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Picked Homewood Suites because of location between downtown and Fell's Point and staying with a group of friends. Quick check in and plenty of space/amenities in the room for all guests. Easy walking distance to nearby bars and restaurants. Parking not complimentary and free breakfast was warm, but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MikBArlington

Thanks very much for sharing comments following your visit. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and central Harbor East location so much! We hope to welcome you back for future visits.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel has wonderful large rooms with large windows and the staff is very polite - we've had only one problem here, on BOTH our stays, the TV reception is good on only 4 stations - CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX - we like to watch the cable stations and really missed this source of entertainment and news. If you like to watch TV before bed, this really hurts the experience.

1  Thank Mark D

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent visits with us and I am very sorry about the tv reception. That is not an enjoyable way to end the day and certainly not our standard. I will have the Chief Engineer review the system set-ups and work with the provider to ensure all equipment is functioning properly. Again, I am sorry and I hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hello,

I stayed at the Homewood Suites by the Harbor in Baltimore. The hotel looks nice and the bedroom was ok. The service was very good, the employees where always very helpful and friendly. Problem was that when I first got into my room, there was an extra bed (probably used by the guest that stayed in that bedroom the night before) blocking the entrance of my bedroom. I called the front desk and in about 30 minutes the bed was taken out from my room. Later at night, I found that one of the lamps on one of the night stand tables wasn't working, so I left a note by its side kindly asking for the bulb to be replaced. I left for business the following day and when I came back, I found out that the note wasn't by the lamp anymore, I guessed they replace the bulb as they took the note away but it was my surprise that the light bulb wasn't changed and of course the lamp wasn't working.

The 3rd and last problem that I had, is that on the following morning, when I stood up and went into the shower to get a bath, I noticed that the shampoo, conditioner and courtesy soap weren't replaced! So I didn't have any of them to shower with....that was very upsetting, as I had to jump out of the shower to look for my carry on to get some shampoo and conditioner.

Well, that's the story. I hope this help to improve their service at the hotel.

Marco

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed the service so much as our goal is to exceed your expectations. I am truly sorry, however, for the state of the room we welcomed you into. I will follow up with department heads directly for review and repair. Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

For a last minute trip, we found a real deal. A very nice hotel in a clean safe part of town. My only advise, if there are more than two in a room, get a room with two beds and do not use the pull out sofa bed. Other than that, I would return anytime.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great stay. Love Baltimore, the Inner Harbor & Fells Point - what a great area!
Since this hotel seems to be attached to a Hilton Garden Inn, it might make sense to save some $ and stay there. I didn't see the rooms there but the buildings are attached and our stay felt overpriced.
We did have a large room - a suite with a separate bedroom & couch that opened to a bed, with bathroom in the bedroom. Large kitchen area. Clean rooms, comfy bed.
However, their breakfast options, with the exception of the apples, are devoid of nutrition. Forget taste. After eating that, you'll be hungry in a half hour, thanks to the refined flour & sugar high.
A Whole Foods around the corner makes up for that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback following your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased you enjoyed the service and Harbor East location so much. There is quite a bit to enjoy in this neighborhood! I also appreciate the feedback about the Homewood Suites Suite Start breakfast. It is important to hear what guests' prefer as Homewood revises it's offerings. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.