“Outstanding Stay at Gramercy”
Review of Gramercy Mansion

Gramercy Mansion
Ranked #2 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
chevy chase
Reviewed 1 July 2005

My husband and I got married at Gramercy Mansion on September 7, 2002. In an effort to "get away from it all", we decided to treat ourselves to a weekend at ...yes, the Gramercy Mansion. How wonderful was our stay: the fabulous gardens full of bloom, the acres of land for us to peruse, the in-ground pool to cool from the sordid heat and the hospitality of the 'Gramercy Crew'. We stayed in the 'Camelot Room', a new addition to the bed and breakfast. This room offered views of the pool, gardens and a beautiful, private patio. We cannot thank you enough for a splendid, fabulous evening...we cherish the beauty of Gramercy, now and forever. I highly recommend visiting this bed and breakfast to all!! We hope you enjoy your experience as much as we did!

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 23 May 2005

I decided to pick Gramercy Mansion as my B&B of choice for my boyfriend and I to spend our last night together (he has moved due to his job). I wanted our night to perfectly romantic and special, of course. Well, needless to say my horror and embarrassment that both he and I experienced when an employee of this establishment walked into our room while we were, let's say, saying goodbye to eachother. He did not knock, just walked in. WARNING TO ANYBODY STAYING AT THIS PLACE: THE DOORS DO NOT LOCK AUTOMATICALLY LIKE ANY HOTEL, YOU NEED TO LOCK THEM YOURSELVES.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 3 November 2004

Ever dreamed about stepping back in time and living like the elite in the early 1900's but doing it in jeans. Well, Gramercy Mansion takes you there but with all the modern facilities. This is the most romantic place. Stayed in the Ambassador room that has a huge wood carved bed with half canopy which sits on a giant oriental rug and overstuffed chairs next to a real fireplace. Lavishly decorated for comfort and serenity. Extra special touches like fresh flowers, snacks and sodas in a mini fridge and popcorn in the microwave. And you are not confined to just your room, there are several rooms downstairs for every guest to enjoy plus the beautiful grounds. What you desire for breakfast is deliciously served on linen covered tables with china and silverware and light music playing in the background. I felt like the lady of the manor. However, this is not a snobby place, the staff are very friendly and happy to help you with whatever you needs. I believe the guest who had the unhappy experience must have been too nervous and anxious about proposing to truly relax and enjoy all that Gramercy Mansion offers. If I have the opportunity I know I'll go back in a flash.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Monkton, MD
Reviewed 3 August 2004

Based largely on the reviews found on this website, I picked the Gammercy as the place to take my girlfriend following a romantic dinner at the Oregon Grille in order to propose to her. While the reservations were handled fine, the check-in was not. Only one employee was visible upon our arrival after 10:00 PM, and he was helping another guest and answering the constantly-ringing phone. We were left to stand around like fools!

The room was not cleaned properly, which certainly failed to create the mood I desired. The floors were dirty and unvacuumed, and dustballs appeared throughout the room. There's no chance that the square footage of the room matched what I was quoted.

At the time of departure, the employee at the front was rude and short with us, and made us feel like we did not belong. We were made to feel like an inconvenience to the inn throughout our stay! We could have just as easily driven downtown, and the tradeoff for losing a bit of ambience would have surely been much better service.

I am glad to say I am now engaged, but it's no thanks to the inhospitable people at the Grammercy!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 May 2004

We spent one night in Baltimore on our way to Gettysburg then going to D.C. We did not want to spend a lot of money...we were arriving late and getting up early! Gramercy Mansion met all our needs! We were not able to get 1 room for the three of us so we got the two smallest room. At 75.00 a room we paid less than what one room would have cost if we had stayed at a hotel in the Inner Harbor. After having dinner and driving around the Inner Harbor...we drove to Gramercy Mansion, arriving at 11:00 p.m. I called ahead of time to let management kniow we would be arriving late. Our keys were waiting for us and we let ourselves in. My husband and son slept in one room and I slept in the other. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet! There are lots of complimentary goodies in the room... We did not have a problem sharing the bathroom down the hall. Near the dining room fireplace, we had a lovely breakfast (included in the price) the next morning. It started to rain as we were leaving...will walk around the gardens next time we visit!

• Stayed: April 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2004

My husband and I got married at the Gramercy. Everything here was wonderful: the staff, the grounds, the mansion itself, the AMAZING room. We stayed in the Camelot room (one of their 2 new rooms) and it was wonderful. The bathroom is HUGE, with a BIG jacuzzi tub with lights (plenty big enough for 2...and we are not small people!)

Unfortunately, our flight left early the next morning, so we could not partake in the breakfast, but I'm sure it's wonderful. Everything else was!

This is a wonderful place to spend a romantic weekend or even just a weekend. We look forward to going again for our anniversary.

10  Thank Rellismom
Reviewed 28 December 2003

My husband and I spent Christmas 2003 at the Gramercy Mansion just outside of Baltimore. It is truly a mansion - a turn of the century (1900's) home built by the owner of the Penn. Railroad. The decorations were lovely for Christmas. The breakfasts were excellent with a nice selection. But the best of all was our room: we stayed in the Tudor Suite with a massive king-sized canopy bed draped in burgandy and gold satin, an armoire, chest, desk, table and chairs, two balconies and a patio, and a huge marble bath with a double whirlpool tub and a separate shower. We saw most of the other rooms. They were all lovely, but we still liked the Tudor Room the best. It is also on the main level, making it handicapped accessible. There is only one other room at that end of the Mansion, making it very quiet. The Mansion sits on a hill amid a large farm in the rolling Maryland hunt country, but only minutes from downtown Baltimore. We will definitely go back. My husband said this one would be hard to beat!

6  Thank Elizabeth B