1840s Carrollton Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bcarroll suitebed and breakfastpatriot roombreakfast was deliciousjetted tubwedding nightromance packagefells pointlittle italywalking distancestreet noisefew blocksbeautiful roomromantic getawaypower plantfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We stayed in Suite 201 for our wedding night. Our wedding reception was held at the 1840's Cabaret Room. The staff members at the Inn were professional and accommodating. The suite was absolutely gorgeous, and added a lot of special touches to our wedding pictures. The location of the Inn is great, within walking distance to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. I highly recommend this Inn for any special occasions, or simply a romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren034
Reviewed 18 April 2010

From the moment our family arrived--my wife, adult daughter, son, his wife, and me--we felt completely welcome and at home. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, impeccably clean and beautifully decorated. The full complimentary breakfasts provide numerous choices and are most convenient. The staff is always congenial and available to help--on Sunday morning when we planned to attend early church service and the public parking garage was unexpectedly locked until 9 am, the manager personally opened it and helped us retrieve our car. We could not believe that such a gem as this small inn exists in center city Baltimore.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ebjr
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Whether for business or leisure, I prefer staying in small inns and boutique hotels. Simply put, when I'm Baltimore area, I stay at the 1840's Carrollton Inn. Excellent staff, wonderful accommodations, superb location, and terrific value (as often as possible, I take advantage of the 30-50% off "last-minute special" discount). If you're looking for great lodging in Baltimore near Little Italy and the Inner Harbor, you owe it to yourself to check out this wonderful inn.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank nyacknative
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I'm not sure how anyone could give this place less than 5 stars. The suite we stayed in (Carroll) was bigger than our apartment with two large rooms and a huge bathroom with the biggest whirlpool tub I've ever seen. We got to see a much smaller/lower price room which was still lovely. Book after 3 PM the day before you plan to arrive for half price. We paid $375 for TWO nights in their best suite which was full of windows including numerous skylights. The bed was so high you needed a footstool to get on it, haha. All the chairs were comfy; my husband loved the daybed in the living room for reading. We had no issue with getting access to Wi Fi.

The people at the desk were friendly, talkative, helpful, and recommended sights and attractions, restaurants, etc. The place is right next to Little Italy so you have dozens of choices within a 5 minutes walk and the Inner Harbor is only a few blocks away (aquarium, science museum, ships and submarine, trade center, etc.) Staff is available 24/7!

Breakfast was a little disappointing the first day but excellent the second. I think there were different chefs. They cater to vegan guests.

I hear what the complainers are saying about the "thin walls" but I didn't hear a single other guest the entire time we were there and I know many rooms were booked (the entire first floor and third floor, we were on the second but the Carroll is in its own wing). There is a lot of noise outside, but you're in the middle of a big city, I mean - OBVIOUSLY there is going to be the noise of traffic. I guess people used to utter silence might take issue with that, but we slept VERY soundly. Bring earplugs and suck it up!

Stay in this place. Only bad part was the parking a block away. We had a HUGE debacle trying to pay because guests of the inn are supposed to pay $10/day for parking. It took TWENTY MINUTES for us to get our car back because they couldn't figure out how to change our rate in the computer, etc. What a pain. Bring CASH to pay for your car!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CelticCail
Reviewed 2 March 2010

My husband and I have been fortunate enough to stay here half a dozen times. We have stayed in many different rooms and loved them all. There is some street noise (you are in the city) but it is not bothersome. The rooms and bathrooms are very large and well appointed but very comfortable. The Inn is walking distance to some great restaurants in Little Italy as well as walking distance to the Inner Harbor. The rooms are worth the price given the free parking (the neighboring Farfield Inn charges $28 per day), and awesome made-to-order breakfast every morning.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple