We stayed here over the week of 4th of July for 3 nights. We had a room with a king bed and a sofa bed which my son slept on the 3 nights of our stay. Overall, my husband and I agreed that we were pleased with our stay. I'll break down the positives and negatives:
Positives: The lobby is open and clean, gives a great first impression. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Anastasia, who checked us in, made sure we were aware of the pool and fitness center, as well as their free shuttle service. Our room was on the 12th floor, and was decently sized. The room was clean, I didn't have any reservations about just laying down and feeling comfortable. The bed was fantastic, and the sofa bed was even comfortable, my son slept like a log. The air conditioner kept our room ice cold in the sweltering heat outside, which was a plus. The pool has a hot tub on one end, and was a good temp to sit in at the end of the day, as well as being monitored by someone, which is peace of mind. The housekeeping staff was also courteous and helpful, bringing extra supplies up to our room when requested within about 20 minutes. The vending machines on the floor were even reasonably priced (for hotel prices anyway, lol). The shuttle service is convenient with an Inner Harbour stop right at pier 5. (I believe their other downtown stop is the convention center.) The parking is free, and if you know anything about parking downtown, you know how much of a $$$ saver that is ($20 + per day on average). Dinner in the hotel restaurant was only ok, they had a jazz buffet that night, but the girl who took care of us, Rochelle, was wonderful. That jazz was good too. Check out was an easy process, just a call down to the front desk and out the door we go.
Negatives: The neighborhood. It sucked. Its right off 95 across from a truck stop in what seems like a forgotten few pieces of property within the city. That's a shame, because I really think that is the biggest drawback to this place. You don't know it once your on the property, but you cartainly are aware of it as you are pulling up to it. They have a night club on the far side of the hotel, and at least on Thursday night the thump-thump-thumping of the bass resonating throught the lobby was irritating. Thankfully the sound did not carry beyond the first floor. The free breakfast they serve is marginal at best, although it is a "full" breakfast instead of just bagels and juice. One of the staff who works the breakfast shift was so completely miserable in her job it certainly did not go unnoticed with several guests as well as ourselves. If you even so much as asked her if something could get refilled, she huffed and stomped away with nary so much as a "be right back." I tried a few times to catch her name tag, but she dodged facing people really well and I was unable to get a name to post. The fitness center is really only a treadmill, an eliptical, and a stationary bike, so unless that's what really gets you going, its not much to sneeze at.
Overall, the positives definitely outweighed the negatives. As a family, we walked away happy and satisfied with out stay here. It is definitely an option for us to return to in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Hotel & Conference Center is conveniently located off I-95 with plenty of free parking. We offer a complimentary scheduled shuttle to the Inner Harbor, the Baltimore Convention Center and Johns Hopkins Hospitals. As seating is limited, guests are required to sign-up for this service at the Front Desk. Room amenities include a microwave/refrigerator, coffee maker, iron/ironing board and hair dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotel.de so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Baltimore
- Best Western Plus Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Hotel Baltimore
- Best Western Baltimore
- Baltimore Best Western