“Unbelievably Good”

Cuisines: American, French, Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canton
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

First, try the homemade tonic! Second, try the Meat and grits appetizer and/or the chocolate mac and cheese! Both really really delicious! We arrived early, got a table right away, servers were awesome!!! We come to Baltimore every year and will definitely be back!

3  Thank Heather J

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Four of us ate at Jack's before going to a movie at Harbor East. You can only make reservations for parties of 5 or more, so I was a bit worried since Jack's is pretty small. But at just a bit before 6pm on a Saturday we were able to get seated immediately. There is a good deal of street parking nearby.

I was the designated driver, but everyone else had the phenomenal sangria, which had nutmeg and other spices in it. We had a variety of dishes, which were all good but the menu changes rapidly. I had grilled kale salad and a spicy Mediterranean shrimp disk both excellent. One had the Bistro crab cake which was nothing special. The others had various appetizers, including a smoked tomato, some kind of cheesy grits and the baked oysters - all great.

The service is friendly, funny and fast - all in all one of the top places we've been to in Baltimore and definitely at the top of the list in Fells Point/Canton.

3  Thank jpescatore
Reviewed 6 April 2014

6 of us visited Jack's on a Saturday night and we left very happy. First, with six you can get a reservation, which is nice--no waiting for a table. Second, the waiter was superb--knowledgeable about the food, efficient, attentive, everything you could want. Third--the food was wonderful! Comments ranged from,"best pork chop I ever had" to "what a great combination of flavors" for an Asian-inspired dish. The sauces were superb, complex and assertive, the perfect complement to the meat or seafood. The drinks were imaginative and well-executed also. We will be back!

3  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Jack's Bistro is pretty awesome. I love the fusion foods, the twist on mainstream dishes, and the drinks offered here.

The chocolate mac and cheese appetizer is a classic here. Don't let the chocolate turn you off. Be brave and give it a shot. The cheese isn't too rich and cheesy, which allows the chocolate to share a portion of your taste buds. Guinness meats is another staple here, but the bacon grits that came with it was more memorable. The steak and fries were legit. I couldn't stop eating those fries. The crab cake dish was also excellent. It comes with roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, and aoli sauce. Definitely a good platter combo. For dessert, the chocolate smores are definitely a win. A recently added item, the fruity pound cake, was also to die for.

Again, I'm impressed with Jack's Bistro's innovation and the tingles that they bring to my tongue. Service was pleasant and orders come out efficiently.

3  Thank Tunaidi
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have never been to Jack's without at least one of the things I ate being one of the best things I have ever eaten. Their Su Vide meats, whether steak or duck are unbelievably tender and delicious and the pairings and thoughtfulness of the plates is superb. The crispy pork belly barbecue may be the best dish I have ever eaten. Most of the beers I have entry fallen in love with I have first tried at Jacks, and being able to do beer flights has let me try 3 times the number I otherwise would. It is not fancy or stuffy, the prices are very reasonable, and it is definitely some of the best food in the city.

3  Thank Tal B