“Just Okay”

Lucky Inn
Ranked #759 of 2,092 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The restaurant changed hands a few years ago. The food is acceptable, nothing more. The service is good. The sushi chef often does not have much to do and the sushi "cuts" are a little bigger than the average size, which I don't like. The restaurant needs updating. IMHO there are better chinese restaurants around the beltway.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was born and raised in Parkville and Lucky Inn was always "our" Chinese spot. Their food is tasty and the portions are large. I love how they put their own take on their General Tso's Chicken. The difference between theirs and most other restaurants is that the focus is on the CHICKEN rather than small pieces of meat with a ton of breading. The food at Lucky Inn is seasoned as close to perfect as you can get. I just love this place and it makes all of my childhood memories come flooding back everytime I eat there. Also, of note....Lucky Inn is the ONLY restaurant to survive after the old North Plaza Mall was torn down. Great food and great prices. I highly recommend this place to anyone who loves Chinese food.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went to Lucky Inn on a Friday night. The service started off very good but ending up dwindling during our time there to the point that we needed to get up and ask someone for the check. The food is really just "OK." We ordered lo mein, fried rice, wonton soup, and eggroll, and four sushi rolls. The wonton soup is very dark, the lo mein and fried rice very light. The sushi reminded me of what I have bought prepackaged at a convenience store on a day I forgot my lunch. We had two rolls with avocado in them and they both tasted sour. Definitely not that super fresh experience you - or at least, I - want with sushi.

I cannot say the food was terrible, but a lot better can be found just a few more miles into Towson. The servers were very friendly, but not as attentive as they could be. If you're not picky about Chinese, then you won't be disappointed. If you consider yourself at all picky or at all a foodie, do yourself a favor and pass on Lucky Inn. I would strongly recommend sticking with the hot dishes though. The sushi is really lacking.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I normally like buffets. But this place is nice. Service is excellent. The amazing thing is they have a sushi bar. Very fresh and awesome, made to order. So, you can order from tons of different rolls. Nice if you want a quieter, nicer experience than Hibachi Grill across the street.