“Modern and good location”

Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is good located, next to the harbor.
The building is retrofitted, so the lobby and rooms are modern and clean. The staff was nice.
We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and they gave us a room in the second floor with view to the main street, and just in front of the elevator. The result was a noisy night and morning!
The valet parking was $36 so we decided to park ourselves just across the street for $14/day, which was worthy.
When we book a hotel, we expect a good night sleep, and it did not happen. That's the reason why this review is only average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a higher floor and far from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanazul
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites. I do appreciate the time you took to inform of us your experience.

I am sorry you did not get a good nights sleep due to exterior traffic/city noise. We do our best to minimize this for our guests as much as possible. Unfortunately being downtown in such a busy inner harbor location does, at times, have it challenges, as does being in any urban location. We do have a few rooms located on the back side of the hotel and next time you're with us, please mention the sensitivity to traffic noise and we will do our best to accommodate you in a more desirable location in the hotel.

I hope the rest of your visit was more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We took advantage of an internet special for the Brookshire, so we weren't sure what we'd find. From a call the day before arrival regarding parking to settling back in the car for our return trip, the experience was nothing less than terrific. I can't say enough about the staff! Everyone was so courteous, extremely helpful, and good natured! Great advice about where to eat, how to get to an out-of-the-way spot, which bus to take, including, "No, your really don't want to walk." Boy, was he correct. Our map made it look much closer than a half an hour's walk!
Early check-in? No problem. Leaving the car and bags there so we could have a full day after check-out? No problem!
The hotel is in a great location, just steps away from the Inner Harbor, Charm City Loop connections, and a short walk to Camden Yards. The unit was much larger than we expected and was vert clean and comfortable. A couple who traveled with us had a similar suite with a really nice view of the harbor.
We didn't do our homework on parking, so used the valet service which was steep. However, given our early arrival and late departure and the efficiency and helpfulness of the guys on duty, it was money well-spent.
Internet special or not, we will definitely go back to the Brookshire on our next visit to Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit at Brookshire Suites.

I really appreciate your comments and your review. It is a very honest and heart felt review of the hotel.

Being an independent lifestyle hotel, we do our best to create the unique experiences as possible. We're not a cookie cutter chain hotel and we want our guests to leave with great memories of Baltimore and Brookshire Suites.

If I can be of any assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to call on us.

Thank You.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights awaiting our cruise. The location was fantastic and the room was extremely large, clean and decorated nicely. The bed was comfortable although the couch and chair in the living room weren't (but they did look nice). The price was affordable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Valet service was very quick and extremely pleasant. Overall is was a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites.

I can totally appreciate your comments regarding the sofa and chair. As I'm sure you know, we just completed a big renovation and the furniture is still very new. As a result, the sofas and chairs have not quite been broken in yet, but as occupancy increases, I'm sure they'll become just as comfortable as those at home!

if you have any other comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. We are always looking for ways to improve and better our guests experience.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at the Brookshire Suites while I took the Maryland Bar Exam. I came into the hotel extremely stressed, and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave us great recommendations of places to eat, as well as menus of places that did delivery (which was very much needed!) The location is also fantastic! It is literally right between the convention center and the inner harbor (roughly two blocks away from both places). So, if you are there for business or for fun, I would highly recommend it. They also have a cute little wine bar in the lobby. The rooms were incredibly clean and comfortable. We could not have had a better room!

I only had very few complaints - which is amazing because I was incredibly stressed out- First, the breakfast is a little lack luster. Honestly, this is a very mild complaint as the breakfast is an additional service, not an entitlement. Also, the valet is extremely over-priced. There is a lot right next door to the hotel for $6.00 over night. So, I would park there. Again, these are minimal complaints.

I had a great stay and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful! I highly recommend the Brookshire suites!

Room Tip: The "Cloud Club" level is where breakfast is served. The view there is gorgeous and you c...
2  Thank Sara A
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I really appreciate your honest feedback.

As you know, we just completed a big renovation of the entire hotel. We've spent a lot of time on making sure our rooms were right. Now that this task is behind us, we are beginning a process to evaluate our breakfast offerings. We've been meeting with various supplier over the past month to see what options are out there so we can provide a much healthier and a better breakfast experience. I do have to admit, our breakfast is ordinary, eggs, breakfast meat, waffles, yogurts, oatmeal, breakfast pastries, but nothing super special. I'm sure we will have something rolled out very soon to enhance our guests experience.

We continually do rate shops with other hotels to ensure that we are as competitive as possible with valet parking rates. Some hotels are charging up to $54 per night for valet parking, while we are $36. Of course, our guests have the option to self park in area garages, however, I do caution them to make sure they read the signs before selecting a garage. Some are not open 24-hours and some are not open on Sundays. So make sure you don't get stuck in a garage that isn't open! Finally, with our valet option, you can charge your parking right to your room and you wont have to worry about paying each time you exit the garage.

Thanks again for your comments. I really appreciate your feedback. Good luck with your exam results!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were most pleased with our stay. The suite was newly renovated and very well appointed. The bed was comfortable. The staff was most helpful and accommodating. We'd certainly make this our #1 choice on our next trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry R

Thank You for your comments regarding Brookshire Suites on TripAdvisor.

We completed our renovations in late January and look forward to introducing our new hotel to the world. Thank you for sharing with others your experience.

Of course, we're always looking for ways to improve, so if you think of anything we can do better, please let me know.

See you on your next trip!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I always enjoy my stays at the Baltimore Brookshire Suites. Staff is very helpful and friendly and always willing to answer my questions and go above and beyond. It is also perfectly located between downtown and the inner harbor.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on Brookshire Suites. I really appreciate your feedback.

I often tell visitors that Baltimore is like a football field, Harbor East as one end zone and the Ballparks another end zone....and Brookshire Suites is right on the 50 yard line!

Thanks again for staying with us. I really appreciate your business.