“Nice break from the traditional conference hotel”

Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I recently attended a conference that was being held at a typical large conference-sized hotel that was a 10-minute walk from the Brookshire. When chosing my accomodations a few days before the event, I noticed that conference hotel room rates were more expensive than I wanted to pay so I looked online for an alternative and took a chance with the Brookshire, which seemed to be more reasonably priced and was a short walk away to the conference. I'm glad I made this choice. I loved the Brookshire's quaint yet modern style. A very "hip" place with friendly staff and comfortable environment. I will definitely stay here again whenever I'm in the Inner Harbour area. A short walk and you're at the waterfront.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for staying with Brookshire Suites. We do appreciate your business.

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations while in Baltimore. We are a fun, urban lifestyle hotel that focuses on providing guests with unique Baltimore experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to save some money at the same time.

We're right in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor, close to all the attractions, convention center, etc.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Brookshire Suites is a neat hotel situated just a few blocks from everything in downtown Baltimore. It is a short walk to the Inner Harbor, Little Italy and most of the fun places downtown. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the rooms were spacious and furnished in a fun and funky style (think pictures of Frank Zappa and modern furniture). Parking there was expensive but not really far from the norm. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the city.

HI Rick,

Thank you for your review of the Brookshire Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I appreciate your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the new design and look for the Brookshire Suites. We're all about providing a unique Baltimore experience, which is why Frank Zappa, Mama Cass and Adam Duritz are featured musicians, as they were all born in Baltimore!

Thanks for helping spread the word. We appreciate it greatly. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I booked our reservation with Jennifer who was more then willing to help me with the budget we were on. Upon arrival we were greeting and checked in quickly. We were given a queen standard room on the 9th floor. We took our things upstairs then I came down on the elevator my biyfriend who doesnt like them took the stairs. Whilr waiting downstairs what I assumed to be the manager asked if I was waiting for the bar. I explained why I was sitting there and he told me there was no way back into the hotel if you took the stairs and offered to move us to a lower floor. We accepted and while moving rooms we were upgraded to a corner suites with 2 rooms and a beautiful view of the harbor. The staff welcomed us back each time we came through the door. Whether it was for a trip to town or just outside for a smoke. The house keeping also asked how our room was each morning as we didnt need any room services during our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and will be returning again if we ever visit Baltimore again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Brittany L
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi BrokenBotton,

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites. I appreciate it very much.

Yes, that was me in the lobby the evening your boyfriend was walking down the stairs to meet you. That's a long hike down all those stairs. I am glad we were able to move you all to a lower floor so that he would feel more comfortable. It's always our goal to make sure our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible. I'm glad we had the conversation so you all could spend more time visiting the city and not waiting in the lobby!

If I can be of any assistance on your next trip to Baltimore, please do not hesitate to contact me! Thanks for staying with us. We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is good located, next to the harbor.
The building is retrofitted, so the lobby and rooms are modern and clean. The staff was nice.
We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and they gave us a room in the second floor with view to the main street, and just in front of the elevator. The result was a noisy night and morning!
The valet parking was $36 so we decided to park ourselves just across the street for $14/day, which was worthy.
When we book a hotel, we expect a good night sleep, and it did not happen. That's the reason why this review is only average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a higher floor and far from the street.
2  Thank joanazul
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites. I do appreciate the time you took to inform of us your experience.

I am sorry you did not get a good nights sleep due to exterior traffic/city noise. We do our best to minimize this for our guests as much as possible. Unfortunately being downtown in such a busy inner harbor location does, at times, have it challenges, as does being in any urban location. We do have a few rooms located on the back side of the hotel and next time you're with us, please mention the sensitivity to traffic noise and we will do our best to accommodate you in a more desirable location in the hotel.

I hope the rest of your visit was more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We took advantage of an internet special for the Brookshire, so we weren't sure what we'd find. From a call the day before arrival regarding parking to settling back in the car for our return trip, the experience was nothing less than terrific. I can't say enough about the staff! Everyone was so courteous, extremely helpful, and good natured! Great advice about where to eat, how to get to an out-of-the-way spot, which bus to take, including, "No, your really don't want to walk." Boy, was he correct. Our map made it look much closer than a half an hour's walk!
Early check-in? No problem. Leaving the car and bags there so we could have a full day after check-out? No problem!
The hotel is in a great location, just steps away from the Inner Harbor, Charm City Loop connections, and a short walk to Camden Yards. The unit was much larger than we expected and was vert clean and comfortable. A couple who traveled with us had a similar suite with a really nice view of the harbor.
We didn't do our homework on parking, so used the valet service which was steep. However, given our early arrival and late departure and the efficiency and helpfulness of the guys on duty, it was money well-spent.
Internet special or not, we will definitely go back to the Brookshire on our next visit to Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit at Brookshire Suites.

I really appreciate your comments and your review. It is a very honest and heart felt review of the hotel.

Being an independent lifestyle hotel, we do our best to create the unique experiences as possible. We're not a cookie cutter chain hotel and we want our guests to leave with great memories of Baltimore and Brookshire Suites.

If I can be of any assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to call on us.

Thank You.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights awaiting our cruise. The location was fantastic and the room was extremely large, clean and decorated nicely. The bed was comfortable although the couch and chair in the living room weren't (but they did look nice). The price was affordable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Valet service was very quick and extremely pleasant. Overall is was a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your review of Brookshire Suites.

I can totally appreciate your comments regarding the sofa and chair. As I'm sure you know, we just completed a big renovation and the furniture is still very new. As a result, the sofas and chairs have not quite been broken in yet, but as occupancy increases, I'm sure they'll become just as comfortable as those at home!

if you have any other comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. We are always looking for ways to improve and better our guests experience.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com