“Very nice, great location”

Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very nice, great location”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here for 3 days to see the Baltimore Grand Prix, and got one of their newly renovated rooms. Very modern, very comfortable, and you can't beat this location for "walk-to" for all the things to see and do in the Inner Harbor. The staff could not have been nicer or more professional -- every single one of them, across the board. Breakfast buffet was included in the room, and was consistently good. Parking lot is connected to the hotel, and you do pay for parking, but that's pretty normal in any major US east coast city. Excellent!

Room Tip: We didn't see a regular room, but can only say good things about the newly renovated room we had...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I haven't stayed in a Days Inn for many years. We recently stayed in this hotel because of it's location to the Baltimore Grand Prix, location to the harbor and price. Every employee we came in contact with was more than pleasant. Hotel rooms are small but adequate. Rooms, lobby, restaurant and bar were clean and had great service. Parking garage is right next door.
We did not use the pool, but it looked fine. This hotel certainly upped my opinion of the Days Inn name and I will use it again if I stay in Baltimore city in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danielle F
Phoenixville, Pa
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Hotel is within walking distance of Inner Harbor which is what we wanted. Bellhop Dion was super nice and friendly. Room was clean, exactly what we wanted.

Great stay, nice and clean, great location, friendly workers, enjoyed the pool, parking garage attached. yes you pay for parking, but i'd rather do that than park on the street at a separate lot.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We went to baltimore to see the Red sox play @ camden yards. We did 2 nights and saw 2 7:00 games. The 2nd night we were exhausted and went back to the hotel after wanting to grab a bite to eat. The restaurant Had just closed but the staff were so friendly they kept the kitchen open to make delicious Pizza for my hungry boys. This location to camden yards is a block away and only 4 blocks to inner harbor! This is going to be our yearly trip and we will definately stay again. Great staff , great pool area and a great price!

Room Tip: the only con to this hotel is a slow elevator so try to get a lower level room so you don't mind...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Culpeper, VA
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend. Trish checked us in and was extremely helpful. It was a Ravens preseason game night so some of the staff wore Ravens purple. The hotel is close to the Orange line Charm City Circulator stop on Pratt Street, if it had been usable. Barricades erected for a Grand Prix took the closest stop away. The room was clean and comfortable. the AC worked very well. Trish booked us on the fourth floor on the corner so there was only one room next to us, not that we heard anything. The staff was extremely helpful. I had only had one minor complaint and one major one. The Minor complaint, which persisted througout the stay even though the front desk was notified, was that the hot water in the sink never got hot. It was lukewarm at best even after letting the water run for five minutes or more. It never got resolved. Now for hot water in the shower. That was another story. The hot water was instantaneous and plenty of water pressure. One thing I found curious is the room had a nice big flat screen TV, but all the signals were analog and nothing in High Definition. Downstairs in the lobby and in the restaurant/bar there was HD programming. It's not a major deficiency just seemed strange to convert to flat screens without HD. If you plan to attend a sporting event or just visit the Inner Harbor, the Days Inn is a great location and reasoanbly priced. Now about price. I didn't realize it until I got home but the hotel had billed my card for $80 more than the final folio handed me at checkout. I called and they said that was for "incidentals," such as phone, movies, room service etc. None of which I used and none of which appeared on my final folio. The person I spoke with said that my card will be seeing a credit in up to five days. Great, except I pay my card off monthly and this stay falls just before the end of my billing cycle. The explanation for the additional charge is nonesense. When they handed me the folio they knew what services I had used and that was nothing above the amount I expected on checkout. Now I pay the credit card the extra $80 to avoid interest payments and hope for the $80 credit and then wait to use my card for an $80 plus purchase? Finally, The restaurant, Hopkins Bar and Grill, advertises a decent breakfast buffet that has many items. However, it doesn't get put out every day, as the menu suggests. It depends on the bookings at the hotel on whether or not the buffet is available. I was hoping for the buffet on a Monday, but it was not out since the hotel was only about 25 percent booked.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WallyB47
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel from Wednesday to Friday. This hotel was in a great location and the staff was top notch! Rooms were clean but small. My only issue with this hotel was the elevators...there were 2 running for the entire hotel so often times you'd have to wait (longer than 5 minutes) for an empty elevator or take the stairs which wasn't ideal when you're on the 6th floor. The pool was small but very clean with a full-time Life Guard on duty. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I can not think of a better choice for my Baltimore stay. I was in town for business but sought a more affordable hotel than the hotels suggested on Pratt St. Let me tell you. Days Inn was one block from my business event, one and a half blocks from the Inner Harbor, 3 blocks from the Oriole stadium, across the street from the Convention Center, one block from the Lite Rail....What more could I ask for?....Oh..and did I mention that Days Inn had both a refrigerator and microwave...and a pool and fitness room? And did I mention that the hotel rooms had free WiFi? See where I'm going here? It all of the amenities at a more affordable price! The entire environment was clean and well cared for. The front desk staff and 'doormen' were absolutely lovely to work with and talk to. I will return here again and again.
Shout Out to Dion!

Room Tip: Sixth floor was fine for me.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business