“wonderful bedding”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights to visit Johns Hopkins and see Baltimore. The location is great for JH. I wanted to get a coffee on Friday morning before 8am, but the coffee shop in the hotel was not open yet. None of the cafes nearby were open either and we didn't have time for a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We did have a delicious lunch at the hotel. The portions were generous and the salads, soup, burger, and sandwich were all very tasty.

The room was good, with excellent air conditioning which we appreciated since it was 100 degrees outside. The sheets and pillows were high quality and the mattress was comfortable (not too hard). We didn't have any problems with noise, but you can hear your neighbors more easily than I would expect for a hotel of this quality. It is nice that the ice and vending machines are located at the elevators and the hallways both have turns before any of the guest rooms. This helps reduce the noise from the machines reaching the rooms.

We checked in late (11pm) and did not receive any cookies. My favorite amenity is the free wireless.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I were in Baltimore on business and chose the Doubletree Colannade because we had such a positive experience last year when we stayed here.

The room was well furnished with two closets, relaxing decor and beds that were so comfortable it made getting up in the morning hard to do. The room was clean and any requests that we made (how to adjust air, and the need for a toothbrush) were quickly and pleasantly filled.

The lobby is large, rather formally furnished with a coffee shop and restaurant/bar with full menu. Our late evening meal was delicious! My husband had one of the best steaks he has had in ages.

We will stay here again when on business next spring!

Room Tip: Request a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Arrived a little early but they graciously welcomed us. We always make reservations for a room with a single king bed. 90% of the time we get 2 queen beds and have to go back to the front desk and get us moved. Ken, gave us our room keys and said this is for a single king, non smoking. I could have hugged him. Then we got the signature cookies and off we went. Decent workout facility all Precor equipment. Great bar. Tim the host was helpful, he let us borrow a corkscrew. Hassle free experience Great location near the Museum of Art and the John Hopkins campus.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at the Colonnade this past weekend and had a wonderful time. The hotel was immaculate and the staff could not have been more accomodating. There were some stressful issues after leaving the hotel which were very upsetting. The hotel manager Steven Nyitrai quickly returned my call and helped me resolve the situation. Thank you Steven! I would highly recommend this to all visiting the Baltimore area!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gootsybrown
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel is not that bad. The pool is small, but the pool room is really cool.
The reason I would not stay here again is that it is extremely difficult to get here if you do not have a car. I googled Baltimore transit and the entire first page had the third word as sucks. I should have googled this before, but I got this hotel as an internet special. If you are relying on anything other than your own vehicle or a taxi OR are looking to visit something other than John Hopkins, look elsewhere.
The room was adequate. Nothing special. The noise was awful though. You could hear full on conversations in the hallway.
The valet service at one time was texting behind the red truck that just pulled up for service.
The reviews for the restaurant made it seem really special and good. No one waited on us the first day for breakfast at all.
This was not the worst hotel I've ever stayed at but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank poseur247
Reviewed 14 July 2011

From the minute I walked in I was very impressed. The valet was very welcoming and very knowledgeable of the Baltimore area. They have a great staff on hand. Kelley and Terrel at the front desk made sure that my experience was wonderful and anything I needed or asked for was taken care of. Not all rooms are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave but ask the staff at the front desk and they are more than helpful.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave but ask the staff at the front desk and...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Thanks for the great feedback on the staff and the property. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Steve

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed at the Inn for 4 days for business. My conference, being across the street on Johns Hopkins campus, made this VERY convenient. For dining, etc. it was not as much. There was a small “bistro” at the corner “New World Café” that although being a bit eclectic was quite nice – lots of locals. A little Italian restaurant is located nearby in a residential condo, not in a commercial area. Also, just down the street from the bistro is a great little market for snacks, wine, etc. All within safe walking distance.

Also, I ate at a restaurant on the water in the industrial area called Frankie’s on the Pier. Very authentic and a great outdoor patio.

This hotel has a nice bar and restaurant, a bit high, but typical for business clientele. They don’t open until 5:00. There is a nice business center with complimentary printing. The rooms are fabulous and great bedding, etc.

All in all, great for a Johns Hopkins business locale.

Room Tip: do the internet for best rates
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

A lot of great tips for future guests! Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your business. I agree with your comment, it is idea to book an advance purchase via the internet to take advantage of additional savings.