We stayed for 2 nights to visit Johns Hopkins and see Baltimore. The location is great for JH. I wanted to get a coffee on Friday morning before 8am, but the coffee shop in the hotel was not open yet. None of the cafes nearby were open either and we didn't have time for a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We did have a delicious lunch at the hotel. The portions were generous and the salads, soup, burger, and sandwich were all very tasty.
The room was good, with excellent air conditioning which we appreciated since it was 100 degrees outside. The sheets and pillows were high quality and the mattress was comfortable (not too hard). We didn't have any problems with noise, but you can hear your neighbors more easily than I would expect for a hotel of this quality. It is nice that the ice and vending machines are located at the elevators and the hallways both have turns before any of the guest rooms. This helps reduce the noise from the machines reaching the rooms.
We checked in late (11pm) and did not receive any cookies. My favorite amenity is the free wireless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Richly appointed in European style, our guest accommodations positively envelop you in luxury and comfort. All 125 guest rooms and suites feature Biedermeier-inspired furnishings, two phones with data port, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing equipment, and On-Command Video with first run pay-per-view movies. ADA compliant rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Inn At The Colonnade Hotel Baltimore
- Doubletree At The Colonnade
- Doubletree Hotel Baltimore