“Have a great time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hawthorne, California
“Have a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

A wonderful atmosphere and a quiet and friendly enviroment for a "get-together" of friends and family. To those planning a "get-together" in the near future, we highly recommend Inn at the
Colonnade.
Hotel service was really satisfactory and the staff considerate and helpful. Breakfast was great.

1 Thank Zaw W
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a survey regarding our hotel, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in Baltimore. I realize you have many choices when staying in Baltimore and hope to see you back soon at the Colonnade.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Spending any holiday with family is always great, but travel can take its toll on your body. When i arrived at the hotel i was the typical weary traveler. Will, from the front desk staff, who greeted me with a nice warm chocolate chip cookie, was so thoughtful and immediately made me feel at ease. Beautiful decor for the holidays just put you in the right mood. After a great nights sleep, we were greeted by Sharel who recommended the brunch in the Alizee restaurant. She is just like family, her friendliness and enthusiasm and great smile made us feel at home. The folks in the restaurant were so nice and made sure that we were totally satisfied with our meals.

Room Tip: try the balcony room...must have a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary Ann Z
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Happy Holidays! Thanks for the great feedback, I will definitely share your comments with Will and Sheral. I hope you come back and share in the festivities for New Years Eve. Have a great holiday and thanks for your business and comments.

Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed overnight at THE Colonnade. Parking was very convenient, the room was on the third floor, and upon entering I noticed that the room was very clean with huge two Queen size beds. I had the best night sleep as the bed was comfortable, and the pillows were outstanding. I felt that I was in an upscale boutique hotel. I was also impressed with the security as to go to one's room one needed the key to enter the elevator. Also, the staff would not give me the room number of a friend but would only call her room for me.
Meals were delicious at Alizee, the hotel Restaurant and I would go back just to have their pistachio ice cream, an indulgence I really cannot afford.
The staff was charming and very helpful and upon leaving offered me a warm chocolate chip cookie and a bottle of cold water. Steve Nyitrai, the manager, is very charming and made me feel like I was a very special guest. If you need pampering, I highly recommend The Colonnade.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Kathy,

Thanks for the great feedback, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you enjoy the Holidays and we hope to see you back soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Good location, clean atmosphere, great food and most of all, the best customer service!
Receptionists were very helpful!
Full bar with friendly bar tender. Maryland tradition dish Crab and Artichoke Dip was unforgettable at Alizee Bistro.
Business center is nice, tidy and quiet.
It is only $7 taxi ride to the train station and taxis are available 24 hours.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Baltimore! I am biased, but I also love the crab special in Alizee, it is one of my favorites. Not sure if you had the chance to try our crab special, but that is very tasty as well. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

I had room 317, which was nice and quiet. A small detail which is very nice: the soap, shampoo, etc. turned out of excellent quality. I had breakfast in the bar downstairs once, which was good, but in my view a little expensive.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate you choosing the Colonnade for your stay in Baltimore, and glad you enjoyed one of our quiet rooms. I am also glad you enjoyed the little touches we offer in the room as well as throughout the hotel. We hope the overall experience provided you a value that you felt is worth another stay at our hotel. Thanks again!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We've lost power and trees have come crashing down on our roof, so this time we reserved a room for three nights at the warm and charmng INN AT THE COLONNADE, a DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL.

Our suite was so sweet! Plenty of space, a fabulous bed, delicious meals at Alizee Restaurant, reasonably priced, and, best of all, they never lost power! General Manager, Steve Nyitrai, was at the reception desk to personally welcome each of the guests who were also checking in to get out of Sandy's way. Although we've eaten plenty of meals at the Inn At The Colonnade, this was the first time we actually lived there for a few nights. We enthusiatically recommend it without reservation. The "C" in Colonnade surely stands for COZY!

Room Tip: You can't miss no matter where your room is. Promise!
New Haven, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

If you are visiting JHU, this is right on campus and you will probably want to stay here for the convenience. But if you are in Baltimore for any other reason, you have many better options. I've now stayed here 3 times (not by my choice) and every time the room has had the stale smell of old smoke. Rooms are decent size, though, and furnishings are nice enough (for a Doubletree.) Bathroom is small. Room service dinner was actually good-- crabcake w/potatoes and spinach. But they forgot to include the cheese in my omelette (breakfast room service.) And the lunch they service for our meeting was decidedly sub-par deli food both days. Here's an example of the kind of service you can expect at this hotel -- someone rang my doorbell at 7 am and handed me a newspaper i didn't want (USA Today or similar) and a couple of packets of toothpaste -- meant for someone else. If i had been sleeping, that would have been quite unfortunate. Conclusion: if you are in town to do something at JHU, you'll have to put up with this mediocrity, but if you are doing something in another part of town, try the Monaco instead.

Room Tip: Don't choose the "suite" -- very bleak little windowless extension with a pull-out sof...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ElmCityAfficionado
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for your review of your experience with your guest room. At our property, we often utilize guest reviews to help us improve our hotel operations. We’ve reviewed your feedback with our hotel team and are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms as well as work on the level of service that is provided to our guests. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.