“Staff make you feel special”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Staff make you feel special”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and our two teens stayed at the Inn for 5 nights in March 2014. We arrived around 8 pm to be checked in quickly and given delicious warm cookies. Our room included breakfast each morning -- the continental buffet includes cereals, hot oatmeal, muffins, bread and bagels, croissants, yogurt, fresh fruit and fruit salad, plus coffee, tea and a variety of juices. The rooms are spacious and quiet inside, the beds comfortable, and the bathrooms very clean and well stocked. But it's really the staff who make the stay at the Inn special -- they are friendly, extremely helpful and always busy sweeping the floors, tidying the lobby, greeting guest and offering a smile to all who walk by. The hotel is across the street from the Johns Hopkins campus and just around the corner from several good restaurants (the hotel recommended the Ambassador -- fantastic Indian food in a cool apartment lobby about a block and a half away.... Definitely recommend the Inn and a big thank you to the staff for making us feel so welcome during our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
So glad you enjoyed your 5 day stay with us and our warm Doubletree cookies, they are the best. I am glad you were able to experience the hospitality our staff show to try and make every guest feel like family. The restaurant has some incredible local favorite specials as well as the normal favorites, Ricardo and the Chef make every meal feel like home cooking. We hope to see you back soon.

Steve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am so glad that we found this hotel. My family has stayed at this hotel several weekends since
February 1. It has been a home away from home. The staff go above and beyond. The valet guys start the first class service when you pull up and the front desk continues through the stay. The bar and restaurant staff are great. They even helped pull off a birthday dinner for my brother. I can not say enough good things about the hotel and its staff. If you are looking for great place to stay in Baltimore I highly recommend this hotel. It is very close to Johns Hopkins University. If you are visiting the University this is the most convenient place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Nancy,

I am so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your trips to the Colonnade. Only 100 feet from JHU, we are closiest hotel to the University and we try to provide the same level of hospitality as JHU provides education. It is so nice that we were able to share in planning and executing your brothers birthday party. We wish him many more and we thank you for allowing us to share in his special day.

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stay at the Colonnade quite often during the academic year. Each and every time, I am welcomed back as if I were there the day before. The front desk staff, housekeeping, and restuarant/bar staff are all very accomodating; I can't wait for my next visit in April!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for allowing us to be your first choice when you come to Baltimore, we value your business and friendship! Thanks again.

Southwick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 March 2014

An average hotel , but the walls were thin. There was a LOT of noise from outside, as well, like construction type noises. I did not see any construction, though. The cost of food in the hotel was very high. The staff was pleasant and the room was clean. The toilets are very short, which would be a consideration for anyone with bad hips, knees, or back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your response, I am sorry your stay was not as peaceful as you would of liked.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Don't miss this hotel. It is special. The lobby is gorgeous , large and done in marble. The service and staff are friendly and the rooms are large and comfortable. Great bar and the food is very good, just a bit pricey for dinner, but delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words, we think we have a beautiful property as well. We hope to see you back soon.

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was not able to check into my room when I arrived at the hotel, which was a little frustrating. My room was large but bare. I was visiting Hopkins and only slept and showered here for one night. However, I could barely sleep between the extremely loud ventilation and the construction outside my room. On my way out, I asked the concierge to call a cab for me, and it took about 15-20 minutes for one to arrive, which is much longer than any hotel where I have stayed. Overall, I did not have a good experience here and do not recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Elise H
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay while a guest here. In reviewing your history it apears you stayed during one of our snow storms, which is why the cabs took longer than expected. I assure you we typically have a line of cabs lined up to accomdate our guests transportation needs. I hope you decide to give us anothe opportunity your next trip to Baltimore.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a nice night at this doubletree. It was convenient for where I needed to go. The rooms were large and very comfortable and up to date. The bed was great and everything in the room was as it should be. The lobby felt very luxurious and a bit historic and some of the details carried throughout the hotel.

The bar had great food and a good dinner special. The only odd thing was to park from the driveway you have to make two left turns into traffic. If you are going to self park, just go straight in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing us for your home away from home in Baltimore. The majority of our rooms are very large and spacious, please keep in mind our single queens are the smallest we offer for future bookings. We hope to see you back soon.