“Family Wedding”

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, United States
“Family Wedding”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel and staff were very nice. Being part of a block of rooms reserved by the bride, it would have been nice if we could have been close to each other. Our room was 40+ rooms away from our party. This was a big disappointment. Also, there were no refrigerators in the rooms. A convenience we would have expected to find, in a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed one night with teen daughter to tour Johns Hopkins and Loyola of Maryland. Staff were all professional and helpful and welcoming. Room was clean and quiet . Beds were very comfortable. Walk across the street to Johns Hopkins(from hotel door to admissions office door no more than ten minutes.) Walk (on N.Charles) to Loyola through a lovely residential area if the weather permits.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Hotel staff are consistent, genuine, helpful, very friendly and connect with their guests. The bell stand staff is excellent, kudos to George and Brandon for your friendly greetings and your help throughout my numerous stays. Same accolades for the restaurant staff, very accommodating and helpful with special requests. The food at the hotel restaurant is generally very good, though sometimes inconsistent in content and quality, ie same main or side dishes will sometimes vary in presentation and taste. For example, I repeatedly ordered their two side dishes, vegetable medley and fresh sautéed spinach, which were usually good, but once the salt content in the spinach was way (WAY!) over the top and I could not eat it, when generally I clean my plate. Sometimes the food is not delivered as hot as I would expect. The laundry service seems ok and reasonably priced for a hotel service, though I had to send a pair of slacks back a third time to have some spots removed (will know if this is resolved next week when I return to the hotel and receive my dry cleaning).

As a business traveler, the biggest beef that I have with the hotel is the very poor wireless internet access (no wired internet access available in the rooms). I’ve stayed on the second floor and the third floor of this 3 floor hotel, and the internet service has been consistently BAD. When connected, the internet service is excruciatingly slow, and on top of that you will experience frequent drops in service. Therefore, you could be waiting a long time for a page to load and it may never load, then you have to start the process over again, close IE, log back in, and wait, wait, wait. It’s like I’m reliving the old days of dial up internet access, and is not an appropriate experience for today’s internet users. I have a few hours each week night to complete some business or personal tasks that require the internet, but frequently have to put off this work to my lunch break the next day when I am at my business office, or worse, when I am home on the weekend, which eats into my very limited family time. For this one reason I would consider changing hotels if I had the choice. If the internet issue was resolved, I would give this hotel 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jlep1
Houston, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed one night, room smelled of cigarette smoke, numerous maintenance issues in the room. Staff generally un-interested in finding a solution. Internet speed was worse than dial-up, even in the business center. Towels were torn and paint peeling from door frames in bathroom. A warm cookie is supposed to make me feel better??

3 Thank John T
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us with the details of the isues in your room, that is not our standard and i am very sorry you encountered your room that smells like smoke we are working harder to make sure our policy for smoking in the rooms are stern for those who cant obey the rules. I sincerely apology again that we could not exceed your expectations. We will love to see you again in the future so we can make it right.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel staff is excellent. The warm chocolate chip cookie was a great greeting after about 4hrs of flying. Brandon and George are 2 of the concierge at the Colonnade, they are always very helpful and greet me daily with a smile. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to have the prefect stay in this area.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the second floor best.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for the kind words, Brandon and George are two of our newest members and they have been a phenominal addition to our team! The warm Doubletree cookies are the best, and the haulmark of our brand. We look forward to seeing you back soon and appreciate your business.

Ponte Vedra Beach, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent staff and facility; everyone very helpful; no complaints. Parking area very easy in and out. Location close to wedding attended. Observed several security personnel in area of John Hopkins--was reassuring. Hotel staff helpful with location and maps.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

snyitrai, General Manager at Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel, and hopefully you enjoyed the wedding you attended. Our hotel is definitely in one of Baltimore's safest areas due to Johns Hopkins and their security team, doing a great job. We hope to see you back soon.

Rye, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was there with my wife and son visiting Johns Hopkins university. We had a suite that was $300 a night and it ended up being on the second floor. My son slept on a pull out couch bed that was all-spring zero-bed. There was dirt on the floor of the shower and the lighting was quite poor.
The best thing about the hotel was the vegetarian restaurant right across the street where we had dinner and breakfast the next morning. Johns Hopkins is a great school!

2 Thank Russell H
I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay, I would love to further discuss your stay, please feel free to email me at Steve.Nyitrai@hilton.com.