I truly thought this was going to be a great hotel when I made the reservation, spoke with the front desk before arrival, and upon arrival, was warmly greeted by the front desk person, and happily noted it was literally right across the street from Johns Hopkins. The room was clean, which is always a positive, Unfortunately, that is where most of the good ended. The hotel room has grown long in the tooth and could use some maintenance and renovations. Broken tiles in the very small and tight bathroom, worn carpets and drapes. The bed was comfortable and a flat screen television is always nice. For a businessperson, it is very uncomfortable not having a desk, or at least a table, to work at during a hotel stay. I am sure many business people use this hotel. Perhaps it was only my assigned room that was not business friendly. The hotel charges $24 for parking. Really? This is not a downtown hotel. It is located in the suburbs of Baltimore, and therefore there is zero reason to charge so much to park. However, as previously stated, but for the convenience of the location for accessing Johns Hopkins, the rating I would have given would have been lower. The primary negative review would be for the restaurant. I am at a loss to understand how other reviewers could possibly have good things to say about the restaurant based upon my experience with breakfast. At 7:45 in the morning there was absolutely no employee to be found anywhere in the restaurant. A few people who were in restaurant all had deer in the headlight looks on their faces as they looked around for a wait person. Numerous empty tables had dirty dishes and partially eaten food on the table tops. After waiting almost 10 minutes for someone to appear, I went to the front desk and asked if anyone was working in the restaurant. The front desk person walked me back to the restaurant and told me to take any clean table. The choice was very limited as most of the tables were not clean. I picked a table that had a place setting, but I would not consider it a "clean table" as there were food crumbs on the dish that held the jelly jars. Still no wait person to be found. I got up and poured myself some juice from decanters sitting on the bar. Still no wait person to be found. There was a table in the back set up with a "Continental Breakfast." A very sad selection. The oatmeal was more like a soup, and the croissants had to be more than a day old as they were hard and dense. The minimal amount of "fresh fruit" had seen better days. Finally, what appeared to be a wait person came out of the kitchen and asked if I had a busy day planned. Huh? My juice glass was now empty. The wait person went over to the bar area and stood at the bar area. Other patrons continued to look around waiting for service. I had to go back to the bar area and get my own juice re-fill. The wait person was standing right next to me while I re-filled my glass, and not once, asked if they could assist. I had a voucher for the "breakfast" so I did not have to wait for a check, which is a good thing, because I would probably still be sitting at the table and waiting. Needless to say, I saved money on the tip. Perhaps the other reviewers had better experiences with dinners at the restaurant. I was not about to return to the restaurant to find out. Overall, location is good, but anyone considering this hotel would have to decide if location alone was enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Richly appointed in European style, our guest accommodations positively envelop you in luxury and comfort. All 125 guest rooms and suites feature Biedermeier-inspired furnishings, two phones with data port, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing equipment, and On-Command Video with first run pay-per-view movies. ADA compliant rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Inn At The Colonnade Hotel Baltimore
- Doubletree At The Colonnade
- Doubletree Hotel Baltimore