“Highly Satisfied”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Montoursville, United States
“Highly Satisfied”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Everyone was helpful, courteous, and attentive. Facilities were excellently cleaned and attractive. Foods and services were well prepared, well presented, and quite good. We had a great experience and were highly satisfied overall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a business lawyer with a posting in Asia, and do a lot of international travel. I therefore experience a lot of hotels in a lot of countries and have a good basis for comparison. This hotel must certainly rank as one of the best ones I have stayed in, in recent travel. It is an all-around good experience in a beautiful and elegant building. I would definitely try to stay here again next time I am in Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Newton, NJ, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My special favorite t-shirt disappeared the morning we left. My senile husband may have put it on the bed where white on white would not be seen when I inspected. I called 3 times and got shuffled about and blown off. No one expressed regret or said they would take my name and address in case it showed up. April 26th room 306.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very convenient location in Baltimore, within walking distance of many eateries, on a main road. Staff are all very friendly. However, the restroom had a pungent smell, likely from the building being old. The wireless connection was also slow, and would consistently require logging in even when in use. Overall, the value is poor compared to what you can get from Hyatt Hotels - Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Iowa
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at the DoubleTree Inn at the Colonnade in Baltimore. We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Johns Hopkins University. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had problems with our key cards not opening the room door. The staff immediately corrected the problem in and apologized for any inconvenience. We found them to be friendly and helpful during all encounters with them. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room size was perfect as was the size and cleanliness of the bathroom. We ordered room service for one meal. It was delivered at the time that we requested. The food was fine-it wasn't the best meal we had while in Baltimore but our options were limited because it was Easter Sunday morning. Our daughter will attend Johns Hopkins in the fall and we plan many trips back to this hotel. We LOVED it!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Mt. Pleasant, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

From when I exited the taxi when I returned, every need and thought was answered by a willing and polite member of the Double Tree team..Courtesy is contagious and this hotel has set the bar for excellence. From arranging my pickup at the airport to arranging my departure, the only thing they didn't control was the weather. Thank you staff for being up above and beyond.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Rochester, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am staying at this hotel on business for several weeks. The staff is great (other than housekeeping) but the amenities are awful. They took three days to unblock my toilet. The rooms they put me in have windows that don't lock shut properly so i hear all of the street noise. They upgraded me to a suite and the tub did not work properly. This place is good for maybe a night or two but awful for extended stays. Not impressed with this Hilton property. They should be ashamed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business