“Great hotel and location”

Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 26 January 2010

This was a great hotel, including all the staff. The fluffy duvets and pillows, the warm cookie upon arrival and the overall professional yet friendly staff all made this a go to place for future trips. It's location to attractions in the city is ideal. The food at the hotel bistro is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade

Reviewed 19 January 2010

It was the purchase of a certificate at a charity event that led us to consider this hotel for our annual ‘girls getaway’ weekend. The hotel had a spa, a restaurant and is near BWI, so it seemed it would be a great place for us to relax and enjoy our weekend together. As the weekend for our getaway drew near we called to schedule our spa appointments only to learn the spa was temporarily closed. Once the hotel staff learned the purpose of our trip they were exceptionally accommodating in finding us the perfect space in the hotel to relax and enjoy our time together. We started and ended each day in the hotels restaurant where the food was excellent and the staff very friendly and attentive. Our planned spa time went to shopping and sightseeing at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and Fells Point. We had a wonderful weekend and were very pleased that each and every staff member that we encountered was graciously accommodating and made us feel very welcomed in their hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I recently stayed at the Inn at the Colonnade in Baltimore the night before my surgery at Union Memorial. The staff treated us extremely well. Warm cookies were given to us on our arrival. We had to have our car brought to us the following morning at 5:20 a.m. to go to Union Memorial Hospital. The valet parking was extremely helpful and the valet even wished me well with my surgery. Great customer service. The rooms were beautiful. Starbucks coffee in the room. Hopefully, my next visit will be for leisure and not medical related. Awesome hotel and staff.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I used to love this hotel. I went to Johns Hopkins in the mid/late 1990s and this hotel was great, five-star restaurant, elegant rooms, top-notch staff. What the heck happened? The restaurant where I had the continental breakfast with my wife offered grey-colored bananas, highly watery oatmeal, and the server delivered our coffee and told us if we wanted milk we'd have to get up and get it ourselves from the bar - do we carry our full coffee cups across the room to the milk and then back? or go across the room, get the silver milk pitcher, bring it over to our coffee, and then back to the bar, and then walk back to our table? Not only is this not fancy, it's crazy. The heat in my room blew from a vent in the side/top of the ceiling directly on my head the whole night. The room decor looked old. The only saving grace was a really nice front desk lady.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I stayed at this property as part of a New Years Eve package that included a 5-course dinner at Alizee and $59.00 for a king size suite. The dinner and service at Alizee was impeccable as was the case when we dined there for Thanskgiving. However, the Doubletree check-in service left much to be desired. The gentleman who checked us in was unimpressive and we simply felt unwelcomed. The room was acceptable, but we were disappoined that the king size suite did not contain a refrigerator (as is custom in all of the Hilton King suites I've stayed). On New Year's Day we awoke to barely have hot water to shower and used it as an opportunity to share a shower. I reviewed my bill to find I was charged $24.99 for valet service that was included as a part of the package. This was removed from my bill, again by a staff member who again was unfriendly and seemed bothered by my request to have the charge removed. As a Hilton Honors Status Member, not a property I would ever recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The hotel was a bit off the highway - but with the GPS, it is easy to reach. The lobby was decorated BEAUTIFULLY for the holidays and the staff was very friendly when I arrived, late in the evening. I was greated with a warm chocolate cookie (their trademark) and two friendly faces at the registration desk.
My room was luxurious leading me to wonder what the rate was - $85.50 for the night with AAA! The bed was so comfortable I never turned during the night. Absolutely beautiful, and I have every reason to return!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Mr.. Milton DeVaughn, your Front Office Manager, is a professional and wonderful employee who we are hoping you value very much. He’s in the hospitality business and it must be his vocation because he’s spot on! He welcomed us with a sincere smile, when I shook his hand to thank him for the cookie, his good service and quick check-in, he noticed my hands were cold from the winter air and he began warming them and again, with a warm smile. How personable this professional is. He is naturally charismatic along with being charming; he was concerned with our comfort, he’s a sincere gentleman my husband and I think, and Milton gave us the wonderful room of #321 and we were quite happy in that room. The way an employee can be rewarded for such service is most certainly with comments and encouragement but also bonuses, raises and title changes. This man is worth you investing in. Please value and take care of this very excellent employee. Thank you for your time, Kathy & Joe

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple