This hotel is very convenient to Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus and Charles Village, but not close to much else.
The staff was very accomodating during my stay. They switched my room when I showed up before check-in time so I wouldn't have to wait for my original room to be cleaned. I think that some strange charges and refunds on my bill resulted from this, but the staff was again very helpful in sorting it out and printing me a new bill on checkout. The key card machine wasn't working when I checked in, so they sent someone from housekeeping to meet me at my room and let me in, and called me when my key was ready. They were also very helpful with tips on how to get the semi-functional ATM in the lobby to work (unplug it and plug it back in to reboot it).
All of that being said, I was a little disappointed with the condition of my room. It was small and rather dark. The furnishings were somewhat worn. No mini-fridge. It seemed like there was a shampoo shortage because when I arrived, my shampoo was half-empty, and wasn't replaced during my stay.
Good points: I love the DoubleTree cookies. Free wireless internet.
Helpful staff. The most convenient hotel to JHU. The pool/solarium looked nice.
Not so good: The rooms need a renovation (they appeared to be renovating something in the lobby when I was there). Not close to the Inner Harbor or BWI. And what's with the shampoo?
Check out: Tamber's Nifty Fifties Diner at 34th and St. Paul. It's a 50's style diner with Indian food. It sounds weird, but it works. Try the chocolate malts, Kashmiri naan, and chicken korma.
Also: The Ambassador restaurant behind the DoubleTree has good Indian food in an elegant quasi-British Colonial setting. They open up the patio doors in the summer and seat you in the garden with tablecloths and hurricane lamps.
And: The tiramisu at Donna's at 31st and St. Paul. It's the size of a brick and light as a feather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Richly appointed in European style, our guest accommodations positively envelop you in luxury and comfort. All 125 guest rooms and suites feature Biedermeier-inspired furnishings, two phones with data port, hairdryer, coffee maker, ironing equipment, and On-Command Video with first run pay-per-view movies. ADA compliant rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Doubletree Inn at The Colonnade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Inn At The Colonnade Hotel Baltimore
- Doubletree At The Colonnade
- Doubletree Hotel Baltimore