“Royal Sonesta Harbor Court, Inner Harbor, Baltimore”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh
“Royal Sonesta Harbor Court, Inner Harbor, Baltimore”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel was perfect! Right on the Inner Harbor, everyone there was wonderful and helpful. We give this place an A + + The pool and spa were unbelievable and YES! we will return...........Enjoy Baltimore begins at the Inner Harbor Royal Sonesta !

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbor View room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PittsburghBlonde
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Hello PittsburghBlonde, thank you for the great five star review via TripAdvisor. We feel we have a great location on the Inner Harbor, but it is our professional staff that makes the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court a wonderful place to stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore. Thanks again for the great review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Waited over 1.5 hours after supposed check-in time, which seems alot longer when you have a toddler tired from a long drive from the Philadelphia area. To compensate, received vouchers for free drinks at the bar, but this service also took a long time and bartender/waiter seemed disinterested in helping patrons who received these vouchers. Rooms and decor are average. Wouldn't stay here again for the price. Only great quality of the hotel is the good location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear PascualPanch, thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment of the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court and the service you received. We strive to deliver exemplary customer service to our guests, and your experience is atypical. Sonesta has been managing this hotel for a little over a year, and full renovation has been planned very soon. Thank you again for your review.
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2013

baltimore's best hotel - even tho the four seasons charges more. jennifer meredith at the front desk runs a friendly, competent, eager staff of professionals and miss meredith is the hotel's best ambassador. the rooms are large and immaculate! a great value!! we travel 3 hours to enjoy the sonesta amenities.

Room Tip: you want a harbor view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jim t
Hello jim t, thank you for the great five star review! We appreciate the details of your stay and specifically mentioning Jennifer by name. She is an asset to our hotel and example of delivering excellent customer service. Thanks again for taking the time to give us such a positive review, and we hope to see you in Baltimore again soon.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

What a great stay! I travel often and appreciate good service. The staff was knowledgable about current things to do, the room provided a great view, and for the price my expectations were well surpassed. This has to be the best bang-for-your-buck property in the inner harbor. I look forward to staying here again the next time I am in Baltimore. I can't comment on the dining experience because we always had reservations somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ddoughtyjr
Dear ddoughtyjr, thank you for your five star review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. The bay windows certainly provide unmatched views of the Inner Harbor. We strive to deliver exemplary service to our guests, and your experience reflects that. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Baltimore and invite you to check out our restaurant, Explorers. Thanks again for the great review.
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Royal Sonesta. We had come to Baltimore to see a baseball game. We were greeted by the Valet staff who were amazingly friendly and helpful. When we walked into the lobby my family received the once over look, I assume because we were not dressed to the Sonesta
standards. My husband provided his credit card and the entire time the other person at the front desk was looking at us as if we were going to steal something. While checking in, the not so nice man could not be bothered to even look at us. I asked a question about the valet parking and he gave me a smug look and answered me as if I had asked him to relocate the Atlantic Ocean. Our room was nice. However, the box spring to one of the beds was broken and the bed was lopsided. The following morning I went down to the coffee shop which was closed. I was told by a snooty front desk woman I could get a cup of coffee in the lobby. I wanted a Latte not a
coffee and I was actually going to buy breakfast to take up to the room for my family. I thanked her and declined. She then said I could go to Britons on the second floor. I again thanked her and declined. She rolled her eyes at me. As I was walking back to the elevator one of the housekeeping staff approached me and offered to call my room when the coffee shop opened. I was overwhelmed at the difference in treatment by the front desk people and the
hotel staff such as the valets and housekeeping. If people can afford to stay here they should be treated with hospitality from the onset of their stay. Maybe the Sonesta should consider moving the valets and housekeeping staff to the front desk and the front desk staff out the door. My family
and I have stayed at hotels all over the world and suffice it to say this is the first time we did not feel welcome. I would suggest that unless you feel like dressing to the nines to walk around the inner harbor and go to a baseball game, you may want to stay somewhere less pretentious.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Roannw71, although this is an anomaly for us we appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. I can assure you the feedback regarding the front desk will be addressed. It is the goal of our staff to deliver excellent customer service to our guests, and your experience was subpar of our standards. Please accept my apologies as we did not meet your expectations. We hope you will offer us a second opportunity to provide the great guest experience this hotel has built its reputation upon.
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location in the Baltimore inner harbor. Walking distance to the Ravens and Orioles stadiums. Our room was in the fourth floor with harbor view, two double beds in a very large room. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful in all of our requests. The aquarium and the inner harbor amenities are all within one block of the hotel.

Room Tip: Harbor view is a most.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello IsmaelGuaynabo_PR, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Our location is indeed a tremendous asset for our guests looking to explore the Inner Harbor, catch football and baseball games and explore the city itself. We feel our staff is the best in the city when it comes to delivering excellent customer service. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again next time you are in Baltimore.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel stay was part of a group booking. However, this review is based on MY personal experience.

Yes the rooms were not ready when we arrived for check in. Yes only one member of staff was assigned to check in the group. Three people at the front desk, a group of 36 to check in as well as other guests... I think it was the right way to handle it so that other guests did not have a long wait.

In light of this in my opinion, I think that this one slight problem is overshadowing the entire stay! In my humble opinion, I think the hotel is getting bad review based on this one isolated incident.

The staff members (the 4 we interacted with) were very polite, professional and yet they felt like friends.

Initially I was annoyed with the set back. However, unforeseen occurrences happen from time to time & this was one of them. Our check in delay was rectified by a room upgrade! The luxurious Empress Suite. Had our check in been on time, this upgrade would not be an option. So for us personally the delay was a luxurious treat!

Credit cards are taken at ALL hotels to cover the cost of 'incidentals'... It is to ensure that if you take use anything from the fridge or break something, costs can be recovered...
We had a view of the Harbor. Our room was spacious, comfortable & had sufficient amenities. We had access to the pool, hot tub, gym and other facilities the hotel had to offer.
The Concierge (sorry I forgot his name) was very helpful in providing us with a local Caribbean Restaurant American Caribbean Gourmet. He also provided us with printed directions & the option of walking distance & times or taxi distance, estimated cost & time. And a taxi was arranged for us. (He didn't have to do this).

Later that night we requested another taxi to & from a venue for 12:30am. This was arranged. The 1st taxi driver was very impolite so we exited his taxi. Less than 5 minutes later another was there! Details to contact the hotel were given so that in the event that the taxi did not return, we could call & they would have one sent for us & not be stranded. Never had I have a hotel take such an interest in our safety! We appreciated this, being unfamiliar with the area!

Our taxi driver Alim was also great! He gave us his number so we can contact him 20mins before we were ready to leave to ensure we are not waiting long. He was also friendly, giving us history about the area.

Upon our return from our night/morning out we thanked the 3members of staff & engaged in light banter. Again never experienced staff being professional yet down to earth, especially after 4am!

Check out listed on our room key was 12pm, however due to oversleeping & being slow in getting ready, we left 12:30pm. No issues there either.

Our checkout process was swift! We even got to keep our room keys as a souvenir!
Due to having such polite, friendly staff, luxurious room & overall great weekend we decided to give feedback about the 4 members of staff who made our stay memorable!
We gave positive feedback on our stay & the 4 staff members we interacted with to the Manager.

I have registered with their Travel Pass Program as I fully intend to visit one of their chain of hotels again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hello 1slandB3auty, thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court and give us a five star review! Our staff pride themselves on delivering exemplary customer service, and we feel this makes the difference when staying at our hotel. I understand the check-in process can involve a wait during busy times and be frustrating for guests. You are correct in that having one desk agent check in your group expedites the process without forcing individual guests to wait. I’m happy to hear you joined the Travel Pass program, and invite you to visit our Sonesta Collection of Hotels worldwide. Thank you again for sharing the details of your stay and the five star review.