“Excellent hotel with best location in Baltimore”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Australia
“Excellent hotel with best location in Baltimore”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We loved this hotel, staff were super friendly and helpful, the quality of the room (great beds, spacious, clean) and facilities is very high and the location right by the harbour can't be beaten in this city. I stumbled across this hotel on a hotel reservation site offering a great deal so decided to try it out. We are a family of five and had two interconnecting rooms. We used the well-equipped gym, loved the food in the coffee shop and the concierge was able to obtain a reservation for us at short notice for a very popular restaurant. The day we checked out of the hotel a huge snow storm descended on the city at the same time as the Ravens were playing, consequently, cabs were no where to be found. We needed to get a cab to the train station and were quite worried that we would miss our train. The door staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful and went to great lengths to secure a cab for us in awful weather conditions. If I were ever to visit Baltimore again, I would definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: YOu can choose a Harbour view or a city view - harbour view costs a little more but is worth it if y...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
DearAdeleAustralia, Thank you for your 5 star review of our property. I am delighted to hear that you and your enjoyed your stay with us and at the same time sorry to hear that it ended with having to travel in such bad weather. I am pleased to hear that our staff was most helpful and courteous with securing your transportation and that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel location is very good. It felt like the hotel wanted to imitate Waldorf Astoria (probably they are not). Check in lady wasn't nice, but check out ladies were nice. Hotel room was ok. Our bed skirt wasn't neatly tucked in and had stain in it. The furniture was old and TV was not HD but analog. Also the refrigerator was old too. Only thing that was new was the coffee machine. We sort of had the harbor view. That was very nice. I don't think I wanna stay there again since I like things more updated. Room was comfortable and big enough for three people. Other than the location I wasn't impress with the hotel at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lutty82, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court with us. It is very troubling to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. Comments such as yours help us to identify our shortcomings and we thank you for your honesty. Your comments have been shared with our staff to ensure these types of issues are not repeated in the future.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Beautiful rooms and beds with dynamic views of the Inner Harbor! Friendly and professional staff..world class dining! Regal atmosphere...nicely decorated. Close to shops restaurants and other venues.... A Royal Experience!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank LarrynCathy G
Dear LarrynCathyG, Thank you for your review of our property and for the wonderful comments about our property and staff. Our Harborview rooms offer a spectacular view of the city and all it has to offer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have never in my entire life...

I arrived to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore at approx. 6:25p.m for a dinner meeting and I dropped my car to the valet. I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner which was cream of crab soup and a side of spinach. The bartender was very accommodating. Approximately 9:55 I went to retrieve my car from valet and I was made to wait for 30 minutes before I was told my keys were lost. My dinner guest and I then sat for another hour while they looked for my keys. As I sat I over heard two upset couples discussing how the valet had just had an accident with their cars which alarmed me all the more. Around midnight the front desk told me they would call Pop- A- Lock to make me a key. At this point I calling my sitter and and trying to figure out how my son will eat his next meal because I had planned on bringing him food and asking her to keep him longer because I was stranded at the hotel. Around 1:45 my keys are ready and I drive all the way to White Marsh where I arrive at 2:31 a.m. I leave an email with the front desk person J. and she calls me and lets me know if I bring a receipt she will give me cash for the rental car lost keys fee. I drive in the snow over 32 miles to get to Bwi Alamo and then I get to the hotel approx. 3:11. I am told be the front desk person J. it has to be actually charged I am given the phone to authorize Alamo charging me and there is no easy fix. I was talked to twice trying to stay calm before the pressure of my hungry baby and ideas of my safety in the snow brought me to tears. I told her all I want is the money I am out and I will leave. After waiting and telling me all that she needed she came out with money and although it is $3.00 short I take it because I have to get back to my child and the snow was worsening in my area. Earlier I asked how would I be compensated for my time, gas, sitter, etc... and then and only then did she offer me a one night stay. This one night stay to me was laughable considering I basically spent one night in the lobby already. I was more than patient and calm. I have never been treated like this in my life. Customer Service must not be a priority!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chic S
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear QueenWinslow, I wanted to follow up after our phone conversation and hope that the resolution we discussed has been met to your satisfaction. Please know we strive for customer satisfaction and in this instance we did not live up to our standards. My sincerest apology for the inconveniences you experienced. If in the future there is anything I can do to be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lincolnville, Maine
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stay at this hotel about once a year, for our wedding anniversary. It's nicely located--at the Inner Harbor-- well-run, clean, quiet,comfortable and reasonably priced. The front desk staff, bellmen, parking valets are all very helpful and accomodating. We had another great experience here this year-- and we'll be back next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve3434, Thank you for the 5 Star review of our property and the kind comments regarding our staff and property. I am delighted to hear you and your wife enjoyed your yearly anniversary stay with us. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in December 2014.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The room was filthy (someone's trash on the floor, stains on the couch, coffee stains on the wall) and when I called to see if i could get someone to clean, the person came up and cleaned only the bathroom and was gone in less than five minutes. I don't expect every room to be perfect, but this one fell way short of acceptable under any standard. I will not stay at this hotel again and probably will avoid Sonestas altogether (this was my first stay in a Sonesta, so others may be better).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank socaltrek91
Dear socaltrek91, Thank you for taking the time to review our property with regard to your visit at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. I am very upset to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit. Please know that your comments have been shared with our Management Team and we are working diligently to ensure that these types of incidents are not repeated in the future. Comments such as yours will enable us to identify and correct our shortcomings. Thank you again for your feedback.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had a wonderful time when we stayed at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel in Baltimore. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable and curteous while providing us with excellent customer service.
We were provided with recommendations of restaurants in the area and found out about the free shuttle service that runs through the area.
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The only two drawbacks which were minor that we noticed was that the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers were a little too high when you were sitting in the bathtub.....but it was a minor issue.
The other thing was the motion detector night light that was located under the night stand; everytime we made even a slight move the light came on. We ended up blocking it with a pillow.
We had a good time exploring the art museum, the national aquarium, and Fort McHenry.
I highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
David_Kohlasch, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Lisa S., Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to site see around Baltimore. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.