We loved staying at this hotel. The room was extremely clean and well cared for. Spacious, with a large window, the basic king size room was exactly what we wanted. The bathroom was gorgeous, I loved the size of the shower, so much bigger than your basic Days Inn etc.
Our main reason for our stay was the National Aquarium, and even though we visited during a Polar Vortex, the walk was short and sweet. Although the city needs to address how icy the sidewalks were. The location of this hotel is excellent.
However there are a few things that bugged us. For one, we drive a pick-up truck which simply did not fit in the parking garage. I wish we would have known that no outside parking was going to be available. We ended up parking behind the hotel in a lot that cost $27 a night. If we were staying more than two nights we probably would have switched hotels.
Also, NO vending machines?! I always thought a vending machine was a basic necessity in a hotel, and this one has not a one! Except you can get water in the fitness center, but that closes at 8pm, so if you're thirsty for a soda, or want a snack you're essentially out of luck. However this was easily rectified the next night as we made sure to pick up some snacks before arriving back to the hotel.
I cannot recommend the staff enough, they were absolutely wonderful. They were helpful, and seemed to care about your needs and concerns.
We came here with a Groupon offer, so I'm not sure what the price is normally, but I think this hotel is well worth the price, just get some vending machines!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore is ideally situated on the picturesque waterfront of the Inner Harbor. The hotel is a short walk from the downtown business district and the city's best attractions, including the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Arts Museum, The Maryland Science Center and historic Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Intercontinental Baltimore