“Nice view”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I bought the groupon for this hotel. I booked a king room with no view, but the night I wanted didn't have any kings, so they gave us two twins with a view. Best view in all of Baltimore, though that's not saying much. Rooms are huge. Nice and traditional hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Ariella G. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Court. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful view from one of our harborview rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I looked online for a nice hotel an yes online Royal Sonesta looks absolutely beautiful! That is about where the beauty STOPS! I had to clean the toilet because there was poop smeared on it (needless to say it hadn't been cleaned before us) the sink was also dirty with hair around it. Te blanket on the bed had coffee stains (we dnt drink coffee). They charge $30 a night for u to have a microwave.. They also charged us $100 on our card for "incidentals" which was not told to is beforehand.. Upon leaving I checked the receipt and they charge a "room state tax" along with "room occupancy tax" along with the charge for the room... I had to drinks and when housekeeping came they set the glasses in the hall and 2 days later they were still there... If u go by the pictures then that's the place but physically IT SUCKS...

• Stayed: February 2014
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Tikka3k, thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. Please accept my most sincere apology for not living up to your expectations during your visit. Your experience is not acceptable and is most unfortunate. The issues you experienced during your visit have been investigated and please know each concern has been discussed with our department managers and staff in an effort not to have these types of incidents repeated. Thank you once again for your feedback. If you wish to discuss your visit in more detail, I would be happy to hear from you. I can be reached at bhaislip@sonesta.com.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a nights stay here for Valentines Day!
PROS: Great Harbor view and mini Keurig!

CONS: For the price of the hotel stay I would have liked there to be bathrobes in the room as advertised. Also there was a large spot in the carpet in the room. Valet was very expensive almost $45 for one night. Cheaper to park in garage.
They have 24 hour room service but it costs $30/night to have a microwave. Felt a little nickeled and dimed for amenities that should be and are provided at similarly rated hotels. Also Housekeeping just walked in on us at 9:00am without knocking on door. Be sure to put the Do not Disturb sign on the door

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sottley75

Dear Sottley75, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we are delighted to learn you enjoyed the views overlooking the picturesque waterfront. Let me know if you have time to review your feedback further. My contact information bhaislip@sonesta.com.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel Thursday and Valentines day / night. Room with a view overlooking the harbor. Comfortable and clean.

Great hotel. Girls behind the front desk were awesome. We must say Don, who works out front is the heartbeat of hotel. Simply nice, helpful, and made our stay wonderful. Such a nice guy. We are Don fans 100% and look forward to seeing him again at our next stay. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Estengel, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. So very nice of you to mention our staff and how helpful they were during your stay. I would have to agree with you about Don, he's a rare gem. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We went to this hotel for one night. We got it on Priceline express deals and it ended up being a great deal. It is a beautiful hotel and had wonderful service. The only thing is that it is an "old money" hotel. I usually like to stay in sleek, new hotels and that was not this. It was perfectly clean, clean crisp duvet covers which I love, and a nice view of the courtyard. We didn't use any amenities except the tv in the room, which had awesome coverage of the Olympics so that was fun!
Just due to the "old world money" type of look, I wouldn't choose to stay here again, but that's really personal a preference, there wasn't a thing wrong with the hotel, and it was, as I said before, perfectly clean, which I think is the most important thing for any traveler,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank East_coast1014
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear East_coast1014, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I truly thank you for your kind words and were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The staff makes every effort to keep the hotel as pristine as possible; they work very hard around the clock to ensure our guests are able to enjoy their stay. Thank you again and the staff and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Junior suite with a view was lovely. Huge bathroom with huge bathtub, separate huge shower room and tv. Bigger than NYC Plaza baths. Very efficient front desk staff. Forgot something valuable in room, picked up from security next day. Bell hops pleasant, helpful as were doormen with taxi help. Comfy beds. Black velour slippers +++++, black cotton robe! coffee maker! spacious quarters. Room service. Walking distance to inner harbor, shopping, restaurants. Perfect. $8 cab fair to train. $14 to JHopkins. Did not try available spa services this trip, next time.

Room Tip: Junior suite, harbor view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank smartiq
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear smartiq, Thank you for another 5 star review of our property. We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. The staff and I are glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stunning hotel, huge room right on the harbour in Baltimore. The breakfast was amazing, we booked the rise and shine package which was in a sit down restaurant, really relaxed atmosphere, soft music in the background.....a nice start to the day! The entire hotel is 5 star, easy to wonder round the corridors and check out the artwork! Check out the fitness suite....its amazing with morning yoga classes! We stayed here for 5days to get over jetlag and then see a Ravens game, which is only a 15min walk away. Would definitely recommend the Royal Sonesta

Room Tip: I cant image any room not being amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura_on_holiday2014

Dear Laura_on_holiday... Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. We appreciate you sharing your experience of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and the staff and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you to the Baltimore area.