“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 2 March 2014

to say that my 2 daughters and I had an amazing experience at this hotel would be an understatement. I found this hotel here and we booked it, this was the last stop of a 10 day road trip by myself with them (they are 8 and 10). not only were we greeted, welcomed and treated like royalty but we felt like we were with family. they took great care of us. the gentleman working in the lobby gave us hand warmers one day as we toured Baltimore in sub freezing temps! they crossed every t and dotted every I. I highly recommend this hotel. pool was FABULOUS and my kids watched TV while taking a bath, :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Shannon S, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. It was so nice to hear you and your daughters enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to meet and/or exceed your needs. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and let them know how they aided in making your stay more memorable. Thank you again and I hope your travels bring your back to Baltimore in the future. The staff and I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My son and I along with two other moms and kids stayed for 2 nights during February break in 2014. The parking was a little confusing and I felt pricey (I had to keep reminding myself that we were in the city) but wasn't too much of a hassle. We all had rooms on the 3rd floor and they were pretty but dated in some ways. The refrigerator dials were broken and the freezer iced over. The light switches were pushed all the way in and the carpet was very worn. Even the hall way looked a little worse for wear at the very end - where they must have had a leak and patched it over with same color wallpaper. The kids loved the paintings all over the hotel and the people(front desk, door man, concierge)e were very nice. The life guard was mostly playing with his phone both times we were at the pool. The pool is NOT child friendly. Gray stone or tile surrounds it and it appears not clear. I am sure it was clean but it was hard to see kids when they were at bottom. Our kids were all good swimmers but it was still a little nerve racking. The beds were very comfortable and clean as was the bathroom and dressing area. Our large room overlooked the bee apiary which was very pretty. I would definitely return here as the location was perfect and the price was great! All in all a good find, especially if you are looking for a deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mrsnice, thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apology for the inconsistencies with your stay and thank you for bringing them to my attention. I can assure you we will look into these issues and take the necessary measures to correct the problems. I was glad to read that you would consider staying with us again in the future and truly look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed just one night in Jan at the Royal Sonesta, had never stayed in one of their properties. The room was very nice and clean. They had a great place to get a bite to eat and the location was central so we could walk around Baltimore. If we go back to Baltimore I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Jose M. Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay in January at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would consider us again for future visits. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was our second time we stayed its close to places we like to go. But over all the people are so very nice they help you they ask if would like anything and they will even get you a taxi. I would recommend this spot to all my friends and family

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Steelers1232. Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that this was your second visit. It is a testament to our staff and hotel that you chose us over all the other hotels in the city. The staff and I truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We found this hotel through a Groupon coupon and I think we have a new favorite hotel in Baltimore! This hotel is so close to everything. We were treated well by the staff from the moment we pulled into the courtyard until the moment we checked out. They even upgraded our room for my birthday. Loved the whole feel of the hotel (beautiful staircase, fresh great smelling flowers in the lobby, library and lounge looked like an adventurers club and the view was awesome). Can't wait to come back in nicer weather and enjoy walking the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MichelleB. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for the 5 star review. It sounds as though you very much enjoyed your birthday weekend and it pleases me to hear that our staff and hotel lived up to your expectations. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the warmer weather months.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Royal Sonesta in Baltimore for a mini-vacation. We arrived long before the stated check-in time and the staff stored our bags, parked our car and off we went exploring Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The staff was truly extraordinary, from the valet/bell staff to the front desk, everyone was extremely polite and customer service oriented - a real surprise and a pleasure... After dinner at the Inner Harbor, a bottle of wine in our room, a great night's sleep and a visit to the Aquarium, we were spent. The staff allowed us to check out of our room at noon but kept our bags and car until six... It was a great weekend! Thanks to everyone, we will do it again!

Room Tip: Opt for a room overlooking the Inner Harbor - the upgrade is worth the spectacular view. Even though...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nutty4Water, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about your visit. I am glad to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was accommodating above and beyond. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Right next door to Science museum. Easy walk to Aquarium, Visionary Arts museum and so much more. Enjoyed the stroll home from Little Italy after stuffing ourselves! The Charm City Circulator (free bus) stops right across the street (CCC even has an app). The Explorer Lounge faces the harbor and my husband and I had a romantic glass of champagne on a couch watching a full moon rise while our teenager enjoyed the free internet in the room. We loved the cappuccino in the coffee shop. We had a great weekend! All the staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. Everything was easy and enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear AdventureDrMom. Thank you for the 5 star review of our property from your recent stay with us. The staff and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Lounge offers spectacular views of the harbor and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the scenery. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.