“Poor Room Condition”

Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Denver, Colorado
“Poor Room Condition”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The room was in poor condition - large stains on the carpet, toiler paper holder was broken, lights out, shower did not drain properly (ended up standing in 3" of water when showering), shower head leaked water in multiple directions. Not what I would expect from this type of hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sam D
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Sam D. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations and your stay was unenjoyable. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are working hard to ensure these types of incidents are not repeated for future guests. We strive for excellence and given your review we obviously fell short of our goal. I thank you again and please know, comments such as your allow us to better serve our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great location on the harbor, we had a harbor view room that provided a beautiful view of the entire harbor area nice sunset and pretty sunrise. They asked if it was a special ocassion and we told them it was our 30th anniversary, when we came back to our room after being our all night we found a bottle of champange and chocolate covered strawberries.
The room was large (king bed), clean and weel appointed. However, the real clincher for this hotel is the staff they were pleasant and helpful throughout our stay, we felt special. The recommendations provided by them for drinks, breakfast and dinner were superb, they gave recomendations to their favorite places and were willing to make arrangements for us. We plan to come back again and again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear robert t., thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for the 5 star review. I am pleased to hear the staff was able to accommodate your needs throughout your stay. The hotel staff is happy to assist in any way they can to make our guests stay more memorable. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards
New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Elegant, good service, excellent location, tasty food and quick service at the restaurant, lovely room with a beautiful view of the harbor, good price. Hard to beat. I definitely recommend it. --------

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Maria W, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Let me start by saying that the hotel is very pretty and within walking distance to everything you want to do. If the walk is too long their is a circulator bus (free) that is outside the hotel that will take you to Fells Point and other areas. Jonathon who is one of the hotel managers out did himself! He made reservations for us for my birthday at a wondeful place (Cali's Court) and handled all the logistics. When we arrived our room was ready and we were welcomed as if he already knew us. We had drinks in the bar that were sooo good (Berry Martini) and when our car arrived for dinner he came and escorted us out. The next day he gave us tips about the area and told us things to do and see. The room was beautiful and large with a great view of the harbor! The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. We ordered room service our last night with a great meal that arrived promptly. We will definitely be back and I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the harbor area! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor suite with a beautiful view of the harbor especially at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Kate N, Thank you for sharing your recent experience and for the 5 star review of our property. Also happy belated birthday! We truly appreciate you kind comments regarding your interactions with Jonathan. He always manages to go above and beyond and your visit is just one instance of the professional service he provides to all of our guests. I am glad to hear that you do plan on returning in the future. The staff and I look forward to having you back.
DC
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Overall, a good hotel. I liked lots about it, and wanted it to be my ‘home’ vis a vis Baltimore hotels but sadly, it won’t be.

Location
***********

Convenient Location, Inner Harbor Baltimore

Arrival
*******
Prompt service by the valet, easy. Ditto checking in…everything was seamless and the front desk fellow was helpful. (Possibly Justin).

Suite
*******

2 bedroom-2bath suite and I will say, very good value. Very spacious, comfortable furniture and beds….and 2 lovely bathrooms. Water pressure could be stronger but overall, nice. When I came to the suite I thought “God I’m good. I picked the right place. This is IT from now on”

******

Explorer’s Lounge: Lovely lounge for a meal or drink but service was not too attentive. Nobody greeted when we came in, so we chose our own seats. Got a drink…but had to take some time to flag them down for the check.

Room Service: Nice person took the order, delivered on time by a nice person also. Just fruit and pastries. Fruit was good, coffee hot…but croissants (that’s french) and pastries were perhaps what you’d get at Hampton Inn’s free breakfast.

AIR CONDITIONING - terrible
***************************************

The bedroom was hot all night despite my turning the A/C on. And no, I didn’t call someone at 1am to see if they can fiddle with it.

And this my dear friends is why I can’t stay here. Call me crazy, but $429 a night…..one should be able to sleep comfortably with at least a sheet. And it was not just me….. my significant other is a 105 pound woman and she complained of the same thing. I could not even touch her at night because we’d get so hot. (I’d have had better luck with my teenage Victoria’s Secret catalog ya know?)

Bottom line, it’s not about comment cards or excuses. If someone can go to Suite #310, at night, turn the A/C to say….65….. and use a thermometer by the bed that shows it being 65, or even 67….then show me. But that is not the case as of a few nights ago.

If A/C was ever beefed up, I’d stay again in a heartbeat.

2 Thank JEDIKNIGHT
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Jediknight, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with regards to your stay. I was troubled to read that you had some HVAC issues in your room. We have requested for an Engineer to take a look at the air conditioning in that room to see where the problem lies. I am sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory and do hope that you would consider us again for a future visit. Thank you.
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I are just returning from one of the best weekends we have had. It is our 30th anniversary and we are from NJ and wanted to stay close so we visited the Royal Sonesta in Baltimore Harbor. The hotel was wonderful and the staff extremely cheerful and helpful. We found the entire staff to be very friendly but James the Doorman made our trip especially nice he made recommendations that truly made our stay special. James is someone who greets every person with a big smile and you just can't help but feel his warmth. Tony who is new and in training was also helpful and friendly. Employees such as these two bring visitors back to the hotel. The hotel is right across the street from the harbor and we had a room in the front and we woke to the sun coming up over the harbor it was beautiful. Our first night we returned to the hotel to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries compliments of the hotel for our 30th anniversary it was truly a nice surprise. The room was large, clean and again the view was amazing! We will be back.

Room Tip: We loved our room it was in the front looking over the harbor and the morning sun coming up was beau...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Debbie5775, Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I are pleased to hear you celebrated your 30 wedding anniversary with us!!! Your kind comments will be shared with all that were mentioned. Thank you for recognizing them as they do work hard to please and assist all of our guests. It is nice to hear that you plan to return. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Williamsport, Maryland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Vroom with a View package gave us valet parking (really necessary in Baltimore) & wonderful breakfasts with impeccable service! Ken helped us from get-go with the car, suitcases, and restaurant & shuttle service reservations (very helpful & friendly). Location is easy to walk to venues, and shuttles are available upon request & easy to arrange. Rooms quite spacious and clean, with super beautiful bathroom (deep tub, separate shower, make-up mirror, huge wall mirror, & heater. Best fitness room for a hotel, large indoor pool & hot tub in lovely setting-everything you need is there from towels to locker room & robes in your closet. In warmer weather I would take advantage of their lovely courtyards. No problem arriving early or leaving late. Check out Visitors Center across the street early to get tons of information. Had a wonderful time with friends celebrating birthdays.

Room Tip: View of Inner Harbor was sunny & pleasant to wake to, and allowed us to see where we were going...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Lisa J, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff we able to assist you in the most professional way. The Charm City Circulation is a great way to visit various locations in the downtown area and best of all it doesn't cost a thing! Parking can be a bit pricy in the city and packages including parking are definitely the best way to go. The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back in the future. Thank you again for your review.