We booked this hotel at the last minute on the day we planned to arrive (via tripadvisor.com ratings) through expedia (total w/tax =265/ night)Hotel is in a fantastic location across the street from harbor and close to downtown. We were greeted by Mike Howard at the front desk. Very friendly. I had reserved the harbour view room with a King bed for 3 people (husband & daughter) mike informed me that we could get a rollaway for an additional 30/night or get 2 double beds. I paused with disappointment then he said "you know what I may be able to give u a complimentary upgrade. Voila! Room 510. OMG! I mean OMG! It was like A palace! Wow! The place was like an apartment! Two bathrooms, master bedroom/king, living room, dining room, Murphy bed with a beautiful view if the harbour! There were 3 tvs in all. The master bath had a tv with a tub the size of a small swimming pool! Pure delight! The hotel was beautiful. It's an older hotel with traditional decor and very clean. Ken, the bellman was very friendly and helpful with our bags and gave us his number in case he could be if assistance to us. We had never been to Baltimore and stopped by here
on our trip back from New York City. We loved the hotel, city, and dinner at Thames oyster bar so much that we took the chance to see if the Sonesta staff would honor another night in the same "palace" for same price. Andy did so and with a smile. He was very accommodating. I noticed his very friendly and helpfulness to the other patrons, like suggesting free wifi at hotel in exchange for an email address. He assured her they don't sell that info. She was a happy customer. I have to mention our cleaning lady. She did a very thorough and superb job
cleaning our room. I'm sorry I did not get her name. Upon check out, Carmen helped us get an invoice for proof of when we parked our car. We lost our ticket. So Carmen called over to verify our dates of stay and printed proof so we could pay and get our car out. The fitness center is great. Everything you need and more, including a tennis court, basket ball, racket ball, aerobic studio and all the machines you need, all located on the 7th floor. The staff, hotel, and our visit to the great restaurants-esp. Thames, and the rich history here has assured that WE WILL RETURN! Thank you to the whole staff! What a difference a positive can-do attitude with a smile makes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore is ideally situated on the picturesque waterfront of the Inner Harbor. The hotel is a short walk from the downtown business district and the city's best attractions, including the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, American Visionary Arts Museum, The Maryland Science Center and historic Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Intercontinental Baltimore