“Amazing staff, simply marvelous!”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Carmel, Indiana
“Amazing staff, simply marvelous!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel at the last minute on the day we planned to arrive (via tripadvisor.com ratings) through expedia (total w/tax =265/ night)Hotel is in a fantastic location across the street from harbor and close to downtown. We were greeted by Mike Howard at the front desk. Very friendly. I had reserved the harbour view room with a King bed for 3 people (husband & daughter) mike informed me that we could get a rollaway for an additional 30/night or get 2 double beds. I paused with disappointment then he said "you know what I may be able to give u a complimentary upgrade. Voila! Room 510. OMG! I mean OMG! It was like A palace! Wow! The place was like an apartment! Two bathrooms, master bedroom/king, living room, dining room, Murphy bed with a beautiful view if the harbour! There were 3 tvs in all. The master bath had a tv with a tub the size of a small swimming pool! Pure delight! The hotel was beautiful. It's an older hotel with traditional decor and very clean. Ken, the bellman was very friendly and helpful with our bags and gave us his number in case he could be if assistance to us. We had never been to Baltimore and stopped by here
on our trip back from New York City. We loved the hotel, city, and dinner at Thames oyster bar so much that we took the chance to see if the Sonesta staff would honor another night in the same "palace" for same price. Andy did so and with a smile. He was very accommodating. I noticed his very friendly and helpfulness to the other patrons, like suggesting free wifi at hotel in exchange for an email address. He assured her they don't sell that info. She was a happy customer. I have to mention our cleaning lady. She did a very thorough and superb job
cleaning our room. I'm sorry I did not get her name. Upon check out, Carmen helped us get an invoice for proof of when we parked our car. We lost our ticket. So Carmen called over to verify our dates of stay and printed proof so we could pay and get our car out. The fitness center is great. Everything you need and more, including a tennis court, basket ball, racket ball, aerobic studio and all the machines you need, all located on the 7th floor. The staff, hotel, and our visit to the great restaurants-esp. Thames, and the rich history here has assured that WE WILL RETURN! Thank you to the whole staff! What a difference a positive can-do attitude with a smile makes!

• Stayed April 2014
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for the wonder review from your recent stay and the praise you’ve given to the staff. Your comments are greatly appreciated and afford other potential guests the opportunity to our previous guests’ stay. Our corner suites offer much space to move about, as you experienced firsthand, and offer such magnificent views of the harbor. I will be sure and share your review with the staff, especially those that you mentioned by name. It sounds as though you were able to experience almost every aspect of the hotel and some of Baltimore. Be sure and stop up on the 3rd floor breezeway to take a look at the bee-hive and the sculpture. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Visited the Royal Sonesta for a conference as an exhibitor. From my initial encounter with the valet staff to final checkout, the staff was top notch - personable, helpful, prompt and courteous. The hotel itself was a real throwback - brass fixtures in the bathrooms, large sleeping area and very clean. The food provided by the conference planners was excellent and varied (especially the deserts!). My company also hosted a dinner in a lovely room that overlooked Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Again, the food was well prepared, elegantly served.

I would highly recommend this hotel for all the things that matter when visiting Baltimore - location, dinning and their rooms. There was nothing I did not like.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elaine F
Dear Elaine F., Thank you for your 5 star review of our property and for taking the time to rate our property with regard to your recent visit. The staff and I are pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us during your meeting. We appreciate the high recommendation for others to stay as our guests. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit Baltimore again. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nueziders, Austria
Reviewed 8 April 2014

well it is an amazing hotel in the sense i wonder they still are in business -when I checked in (unfriendly staff) the safe in the room was bolted -the person who came to open lectured me that I should remenber the combination -than a daylater the toilet broke ,the sink in the bathroom was broken (the plug could only be removed with breaking your finger nails ) than the umbrella (supplied free) was broken (before I used it. the reception hardly showed up his mobile when asked a question -and the answer was neither understandable not useful . On the positive side the rooms re huge but a bit run down ,dark and depressing. The door man was very nice -but that did not balance it closely

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Stefan S., Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that you ran into some difficulties with our service and facility. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to identify our short-comings and work towards a resolution to avoid future occurrences with the help of our Management Team. Thank you again, and I hope you will reconsider giving us a second chance should your travels bring you back to Baltimore area.
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our wedding was in Baltimore Inner Harbor and we stayed at the hotel. The staff made us feel so welcome it was like we were part of their family. Everyone was very accommodating warm and wonderful. They went above and beyond in the service they provide. I don't think you can find more professional people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear cptjoan, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you giving us the 5 star review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to accommodate your needs and make you feel a part of our Sonesta family. Your review of your experience is greatly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Baltimore or to one of our many other properties.
Baltimore
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My long-time friend and I try to get away a few times a year and Baltimore was our target recently. We basically choose Sonesta because of the location and view of the harbor. Our first and last impressions were excellent and the staff was helpful to the extreme. WE WILL return and cannot praise our experience enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

1 Thank Robin K
Dear Robin K. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore and for the 5 star review. I am delighted to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us and plan to return in the future. I hope you were able to enjoy the sites of the city as Baltimore has an abundant of activities and places to visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

With Baltimore being my home away from home, I don't expect much since it's so great being back. With that being said, wow, I was truly disappointed in my stay. I usually try to stay close to Fells Point but decided to try here because of a last minute deal. I should have not been fooled. The front desk was slow, the condition of the room needed some work, and my AC was terrible. The fact that I'm barley in the room and was this upset says a lot. My carpets look terrible, enough for me not to walk barefoot. If I were you, I would avoid with all costs. I'm sticking with my usual hotels in Baltimore that I find comfortable and more home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear raf K, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with regards to your recent visit. Please know the staff works effortlessly on a daily basis to maintain the property and to provide our guests with the best possible customer service. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and that you were disappointed with you stay. I hope you will reconsider giving us another chance in the future to prove your experience to be the exception and not the rule.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was in town on business and having never been to Baltimore I checked with some well seasoned traveling friends and they said inner harbor area is a great place to stay. I had heard multiple deragortory statements about the city so my expectations were low. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the staff. I am terrible at names, but everyone we came in contact with from removing our bags from the taxi, holding doors and front desk were very welcoming and extremely professional. Even if you passed staff in the hallways they would smile, say hello and ask about your stay. My room was clean and the bed and pillows were soooo comfortable, I slept better than if I had been at home. There was no noise transfer from above or the rooms next door which was amazing. The food at the hotel was very good. My only negative comment is they need vending machines available for their guests with soda and snacks. $5 for a can of soda from room service is crazy you make more money off vending machines than paying an employee and charging $5 for a soda since you dont have to make payroll taxes and social security to the government on a machine you plug into the wall and stock once a day. Loved the hotel and would definately stay here again. The harbor is right across the street and shopping, restaurants and bars are all within walking distance. Thank you Royal Sonesta and all your staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kim O
Dear Kim O. Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Royal Sonesta is centrally located in the city with all the sites and attractions just moments away. I appreciate your suggestion for a vending machine. We welcome all comments, constructive or not. This is how we come to understand our shortcoming and work towards a resolution. Thank you again and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.