“Fantastic Staff in a great hotel!!”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Fantastic Staff in a great hotel!!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Everybody at the hotel was so courteous and kind. The people at the front desk helped us out with getting around Baltimore. We were a little surprised that parking was not free, but the guy at the door was also nice. He made no problem if we wanted to leave our car in the courtyard for a couple of minutes. The room where we stayed in was really luxurious. It was big and clean. Great view. Great location. All in all it was a really great experience. We would recommend Royal Sonesta to everyone, and we are looking forward to our next visit!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esty B
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Esty B. Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. The staff and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad one of our doormen were able to assist you with the parking issue. Thank you for the positive comments on our property. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
belmar
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I highly recommend staying at the Royal Sonesta. From the moment I arrived, I was treated very well. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. The gentlemen at the desk was extremely nice and informed me a room was ready so I was able to check in much earlier than 4. James, the bellman, was amazing. He was very helpful and went out of his way to make sure my stay in Baltimore was the best. He offered great insight and suggestions about where to go and what to do. The room was immaculate. The location can't be beat; the Inner Harbor is right across the street and Camden Yards right around the corner. Restaurants and shops all nearby. I look forward to another stay at the Sonesta.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear croisette8. Thank you for your 5 star review from your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Your comments will be shared with our team and of course James. The hotel has a superior location to the attractions in the downtown Baltimore area, many a very short distance on foot. Thank you again the staff and I look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Baltimore
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A very nice hotel and one we'd definitely stay in again! The room was a bit outdated but it didn't bother us. With all the historic art hanging on the walls, this just added to the "ambiance." The freezer was in dire need of a defrosting but the refrigerator still kept our wine cold. The Keurig coffee maker is a nice touch...but my first cup of coffee using the over-sized paper cups the hotel provided was weak to the point of not even being drinkable. Hint...when using the Keurig, put only a half a paper cup's worth of water into the reservoir. Enough about coffee. In hindsight, I must say, the hotel was also very quiet. It was very clean and convenient to everything there is to see around the Inner Harbor. We had a harbor view room and I'm so happy I paid the few extra dollars for it. Parking is easy enough...but I'd prefer they incorporate the cost of parking into the room charge up front, that way, the customer would see the true final cost of staying there. I'd stay there again and I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Roland E
Dear Roland E. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the hotel. Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you had with the paper cups in your room. We will take a look at what other options we may have to correct this problem. The harbor view rooms are worth the extra money to see such a magnificent sunrise in the morning or even a sunset in the evening. It’s a wonderful and breathtaking view. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We ended up booking for a stay at the Royal Sonesta after a coworker suggested and the hotel was excellent. It is very convenient to the inner harbor and aquarium and our room was beautiful and had all we needed for a comfy pleasant stay.

I read a lot of iffy reviews about the hotel, perhaps it was just where we were, but I sampled the coffee shop by the front door in the lobby, the pool and numerous bell hop and front desk staff and everyone was very courteous and pleasant to speak to.

Our room was a AAA harbor view room w/two double beds and it had a fantastic view of the harbor. I'm not sure why they have only double beds, they could easily fit queens in the room it was very large. No issues with the thermostat and the bathroom and bedroom was all very clean. I like the keurig coffee maker in the room, and there is even a mini fridge.

The Illy coffee shop looked VERY nice, reminded me of starbucks and was happy to see some stoneyfield smoothies for the kids. Great convenience and the prices were reasonable for the drinks.

We had two 1st grade children with us on this trip and the pool on the 7th floor was great. Lifeguarded, with a big hot tub next to it, plus towel service, just fantastic. It was very hectic there during spring break but everyone's spirits working there were very pleasant and the guard was good about enforcing the lap lane the kids decided to use.

The restaurant explorers looks very nice, but not sure its so kid friendly, there wasn't a soul in there the evening we went down for dinner, so we ended up walking over to the plethora of restaurants nearby for a dinner at the cheesecake factory.

My only complaint about the hotel is really unrelated to the hotel, the parking garage is seriously gross where there's self park, the stairwell is disgusting the whole place just seems really dingy. We ended up arriving quite early on the day of checkin and having the bellhop store our luggage while we went to self park next to the hotel then enjoyed the aquarium until our room was ready. I highly recommend this! BTW parking is expensive (get over the sticker shock) :)

The beds were full sizes in our room, which we knew but man its so tiny for two adults, again not terrible we had the AAA rate and one of their cheapest rooms I think so I guess the tradeback for some savings was ok.

Also, yes the hotel uses the push button container dispensers like you see in a the gym shower which some reviewers disliked but I actually preferred. I never felt like you got a decent amount of shampoo or conditioner in the samplers the hotel usually has in those tiny bottles, so my crew of four enjoyed plenty of shampoo/etc after their pool trips. The shampoo/conditioner and soap are very good quality that they put in these dispensers I thought.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KarenMcD2002
Dear KarenMCD2002. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience from your stay. The staff and I appreciate the detailed review and we are glad you were able to experience the hotel and its amenities. Also glad to see you were able to get out and experience Baltimore. Having the hotel centrally located in the Inner Harbor makes it easier for ours guests to take short walks to wherever they wish to go. We hope you will consider us again should your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.
Baltimore
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family and I just got back from a visit to Baltimore and had the best time staying at the Sonesta. The entire staff was excellent and thoughtful. Great location, comfortable, it just made the trip!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Suzanne F
Dear Suzanne F. We are so glad to hear you had a great time at the hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for the 5 star review. Our staff makes every effort to go above and beyond to make each guest feel special. The staff and I hope you have to opportunity to visit us again.
Elverson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at Sonesta with my ten year old grandson on a mini Spring break.
Loved the location, hotel and staff. I felt very safe. Parking very convenient. My grandson enjoyed basketball on the garage rooftop and the pool. Will definitely stay here again. The Sonesta was very quiet. No problems with police sirens or fire truck noise as mentioned in reviews of other hotels near the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Vickie B
Dear Vickie B. Thank you for your lovely evaluation of your stay. We appreciate the 5 star review. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your grandson was able to utilize the roof-top basketball court. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful time! The hotel was fantastic. Beautiful view of the harbor. The staff at the front desk were so helpful with making our stay a pleasurable one. With the sincere and genuine help we received from Sarah, this hotel is one I will visit again and again as well as recommend to my friends.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elaine G
Dear Elaine G. Thank you for the 5 star review of our property from your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore and for your lovely comments about our hotel and staff. I will be sure to pass on to Sarah your mention of her in the review. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.