“A crime of interior decoration.....”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
San Francisco
“A crime of interior decoration.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Ugh, floral carpet that was among the most appauling thing I've ever seen in a hotel -- then a different floral pattern on the curtains, and striped upholstery. ICK...... They are trying for a Colonial look, I guess -- but it's just bad.

And I obvioulsy got the Conference Rate room that overlooked the car entrance -- no harbour view at all. The hotel's lobby looked promising, but the rooms are out of the 1980's. Very bad air quality in the rooms (have they cleaned the filters ever?), no way to open a window for fresh air.

I was here for a meeting, and the public areas are OK, if a bit ostentatious. Lots of artwork and chandeliers, trying to make the place look more luxurious than it is.

Service was fine, people were nice -- but it took us forever to get a taxi.

Spend the extra $$$ and stay at the Four Seasons.....

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside face a "couryard" and the car entrance and look directly across at a g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear stoulson, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the ambiance/decor of the hotel. We are hoping in the near future we will be able to share some exciting news about our decor, please stay tuned for more information in the coming months.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Totally enjoyed. We stayed 5-11 and 12, 2014 in 623, which is a harbor view room. When we first checked in I had my doubts about the view but boy was I surprised and pleased when I got into the room. The room is spacious and elegant. Bedding is wonderful. View spectacular. Could not have been happier.

Room Tip: If you want a view you must book a harbor view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear KKFShreveport_LA., Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the 5 star review and your outstanding comments regarding our property. We can't thank you enough for sharing such a glowing review. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Rating based on "value for the money" .... poor mattress quality, poor room air quality, poor "harborview" (more of a restricted 30 foot of roofline view), poor thermastat system (had to set thermastat to 45 degrees to get to 68?), melted ($9) ice cream upon delivery.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Matt, I certainly apologize that we did not deliver the service and experience that we are well known for. Many of the concerns you expressed will be addressed with our upcoming property renovation, which will kickoff in early December, with an expected completion in March 2015. This project will result in a brand-new look to our hotel, with all-new guestrooms, a newly designed lobby, and new meeting and public space throughout the building. We continue to conduct service training on an ongoing basis, and I am disappointed to learn that we brought you melted ice cream. When you are ready to plan another trip to Charm City, please reach out to me directly and I will personally assist in your reservation process. We want you to see our new look and write an updated review based on your next experience staying with us. I am confident that you will embrace our new look.
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at the Royal Sonesta Inner Harbor in Baltimore 5/7-5/9 for a professional conference. I was absolutely thrilled by my experience there. The staff were attentive, but not intrusive. The space and guest rooms were absolutely beautiful, gracious, and spotlessly clean. The food (banquets/events) was delicious, healthy, fresh, and abundant. Everything seemed effortless (though I know, as someone who has worked in hospitality, that it is incredibly hard work to pull off such amazing service while making it seem effortless) and the staff seemed to be enjoying themselves! Everything was fantastic. Thank you!!!

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Anna F. Thank you for your review of our property and for the 5 stars!!! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accommodating in every way. Your comments will be shared with all staff members. It's always good to hear how exceptional we're doing from our guests. Thank you again and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here recently for work. My room at the Royal Sonesta had a fabulous view of the harbor. Greatly appreciated the service and cleanliness. The location can't be beat. So many points of interest in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Amanda C. Thank you for 5 star review of our property. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your mention of our service is greatly appreciated and I will be sure and share your review with my colleagues. As mentioned in many of my other responses, the hotel is indeed situated on a great location with most attractions in walking distance. The views are like no other in the city. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is my second experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court in Baltimore and both were for meetings. The rooms are very comfortable and surprising large for a city hotel. The location is great- easy and quick access to the harbor, Camden yards, major attractions. Although this was for business, I wouldn't hesitate returning with my family!

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Karen H. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. The staff and I are glad to hear this was the 2nd time we have had the pleasure of hosting your as our guests. Our location and views of the harbor can't be beat. Most attractions are within walking distance and if not, the free Charm City Circulator can most surely get anyone to their destination. We hope to have opportunity to welcome you back a 3rd time as our guest.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I read some negative reviews just before my stay. Alll I can say is the employees always greeted you with a smile and went the extra mile. The hotel decor had character and charmm. The location across the street from the harbor could not be any better. I hesitate to give anyone 5 stars but I cannot think of what else they could have done to make it better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear tlongin, thank you for the 5 star review from your recent stay. The staff and I truly appreciate your comments about hotel, location and our employees. Here, at the hotel, we try our best to make each guest feel at home. It appears we succeeded according to your review. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.