“Just fair”

Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Avondale Estates, Georgia
“Just fair”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

One bar of soap? Really? No coffee condiments? Seriously? Stained carpet? Huh? No plugs to charge phones etc?

This place positions itself as high end? Not so much. The manager should spend a few nights at a Hilton Garden Inn to see what this place needs to do to come up to a nice mid-level hotel.

Royal Sonesta is way below any Hilton Garden Inn.

Find a better place. There are lots of hotels around the Inner Harbor.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gypsy850
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Gypsy850, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found the accommodations less than satisfying. I do appreciate you brining the soap and condiments issue to my attention and I will be sure to address this issue with our Housekeeping Department. As mentioned in previous responses, stay tuned for an update on upcoming enhancements to the hotel. Gypsy850, thank you again for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
atlanta
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. The rooms are very quiet,high ceiings and a good size. I think they are going to have to upgrade afew things to stay competitive.....change over to a comfortbed system with pillow options, especially with allergies,etc. Only onedown a lternative pillow,it was hard,mattrses also on the hard side. Cheap with coffee condiments. Freewifi was good if you are a travelpass rewards member and the staff is very pleasant. We had a room discount due to wedding block so cannot say if I would stay full price. Overall it met our needs.

1 Thank docgresh
Dear docgresh, thank you for your recent review from your stay with us. As mentioned in a few of my other responses, we hope to have some very exciting news to share in the near future regarding the hotel. We're hopeful this will please our guests. Thank you again and reconsider us for a future stay when traveling to Baltimore.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I had stayed here in January and decided to come back (thankfully to somewhat warmer weather). As a VIP member with Expedia, upon arrival they upgraded our room to a Harbor View - which is really nice! The rooms are somewhat spacious and the bathrooms are in great condition (not dated). The hotel sits right across the street from the harbor and everything is within easy walking distance. The hotel restaurant has some great breakfasts, too - Zucchini bread French toast with fruit compote and syrup is excellent! I highly recommend staying here. The staff is very friendly, as well.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are very nice, but can be a little noisy, as the traffic runs on the street in fro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Amy L, thank you for your recent review and for the perfect 5 stars. I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. The harborview rooms offer a spectacular view of the harbor area. There is also the Charm City Circulator which will take you to various attractions in the downtown area for free. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.
North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been traveling to Baltimore quite often and this is my first choice
of hotels (next to the Four Seasons, but then there is the price). The service in wonderful
and the hotel is lovely. I often just take my meals in the restaurant and have never been
disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear mickeysgurl2014, thank you for your recent review of our property and for being a local customer. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with your many other visits. The Explorers staff will be thrilled to hear your comments about your dining experience. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for my cousin's college graduation. Due to it being a busy weekend, there were limited options. That said, the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court did not exceed my expectations by any means. It was dirty, old, rundown, a bit musty, and very overpriced. The location is wonderful--but the hotel is not. In retrospect, I would have preferred to be a bit more off the main drag to get a better value. I would not recommend this hotel and I would not return.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
2 Thank ellej8
Dear ellej8, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Stay tuned to this space for great news about upcoming enhancements to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. We have big plans for exciting changes coming in the near future! Thank you again.
Baltimore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great Hotel for the price and location.. Easy and safe walk to local restauarants, football and baseball staidums.. The harbor is across the street and valet parking was easy and fast..
Hotel staff was polite and and professional and was always warm and welcoming when we returned after a long day out at the stadium..
Pool and fitness area was clean and approprite for this size hotel, plenty of machines and free weights to get a good work out in.. Towels and locker rooms were clean and open even for a late night work out..
Great place to stay with friends or famailes..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Shawn S., thank you for the 5 star review and for sharing your experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's nice to hear you were able to enjoy the Health Club which is available to our guests 24 hours a day, minus the pool which has set hours. The staff and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Baltimore
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Royal Sonesta was the only hotel we could locate in downtown Baltimore that would block off rooms for a wedding on Preakness weekend, and everyone loved the hotel. The staff is extremely friendly, and the room was beautiful and in a great location for Baltimore attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

1 Thank Regina M
Dear Regina M., thank you for your wonderful review of our property regarding your recent visit. I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate your room block over the Preakness weekend. I hope that you had an enjoyable weekend. Thank you for recommending us as a destination hotel to your friends and family. The staff and I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us in the future.