“Absolutely Wonderful”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I go to Baltimore at least once a year to see a baseball game and I've stayed at all the hotels in the inner harbor. This was the first time at the Royal Sonesta and I have to say that it is by far the best of the best. The staff is the most accommodating I've seen and the view is spectacular. We stayed for 3 nights and in that time we never had to use our car. When we were ready to leave our car battery was dead. The hotel staff not only used his own vehicle to give us a jump but refused a tip when I tried to give it to him. He said it was all part of the hotel experience. Like I said I go there at least once a year and from now on I have no intensions of staying anywhere else. Thank you Royal Sonesta for a great time :-)

Room Tip: The harbor view suites are terriffic
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob C
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Bob C. Thank you for the 5 star review and for sharing your experience with us regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with and will be coming back in the future. It makes me very proud to hear how the Staff handled the situation with your car battery. Our staff makes every effort to make each guest feel as at home as possible while going above and beyond to meet their expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have held our annual seminar in this hotel for the past few years. I have always experienced a very courteous staff, clean rooms and good food. They do a wonderful job with seminars and groups. Although I love this hotel, it might be a little pricey for a middle income family to stay for more than a day or two, but it is definitely a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
2  Thank Matthew P

Dear Matthew P. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the 5 Stars! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your meeting was a success. We look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

One bar of soap? Really? No coffee condiments? Seriously? Stained carpet? Huh? No plugs to charge phones etc?

This place positions itself as high end? Not so much. The manager should spend a few nights at a Hilton Garden Inn to see what this place needs to do to come up to a nice mid-level hotel.

Royal Sonesta is way below any Hilton Garden Inn.

Find a better place. There are lots of hotels around the Inner Harbor.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gypsy850
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Gypsy850, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found the accommodations less than satisfying. I do appreciate you brining the soap and condiments issue to my attention and I will be sure to address this issue with our Housekeeping Department. As mentioned in previous responses, stay tuned for an update on upcoming enhancements to the hotel. Gypsy850, thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. The rooms are very quiet,high ceiings and a good size. I think they are going to have to upgrade afew things to stay competitive.....change over to a comfortbed system with pillow options, especially with allergies,etc. Only onedown a lternative pillow,it was hard,mattrses also on the hard side. Cheap with coffee condiments. Freewifi was good if you are a travelpass rewards member and the staff is very pleasant. We had a room discount due to wedding block so cannot say if I would stay full price. Overall it met our needs.

1  Thank docgresh

Dear docgresh, thank you for your recent review from your stay with us. As mentioned in a few of my other responses, we hope to have some very exciting news to share in the near future regarding the hotel. We're hopeful this will please our guests. Thank you again and reconsider us for a future stay when traveling to Baltimore.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I had stayed here in January and decided to come back (thankfully to somewhat warmer weather). As a VIP member with Expedia, upon arrival they upgraded our room to a Harbor View - which is really nice! The rooms are somewhat spacious and the bathrooms are in great condition (not dated). The hotel sits right across the street from the harbor and everything is within easy walking distance. The hotel restaurant has some great breakfasts, too - Zucchini bread French toast with fruit compote and syrup is excellent! I highly recommend staying here. The staff is very friendly, as well.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are very nice, but can be a little noisy, as the traffic runs on the street in fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Amy L, thank you for your recent review and for the perfect 5 stars. I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. The harborview rooms offer a spectacular view of the harbor area. There is also the Charm City Circulator which will take you to various attractions in the downtown area for free. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been traveling to Baltimore quite often and this is my first choice
of hotels (next to the Four Seasons, but then there is the price). The service in wonderful
and the hotel is lovely. I often just take my meals in the restaurant and have never been
disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear mickeysgurl2014, thank you for your recent review of our property and for being a local customer. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with your many other visits. The Explorers staff will be thrilled to hear your comments about your dining experience. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for my cousin's college graduation. Due to it being a busy weekend, there were limited options. That said, the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court did not exceed my expectations by any means. It was dirty, old, rundown, a bit musty, and very overpriced. The location is wonderful--but the hotel is not. In retrospect, I would have preferred to be a bit more off the main drag to get a better value. I would not recommend this hotel and I would not return.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
2  Thank ellej8

Dear ellej8, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Stay tuned to this space for great news about upcoming enhancements to the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. We have big plans for exciting changes coming in the near future! Thank you again.