“Time has not been kind”

Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore
“Time has not been kind”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Royal Sonesta Baltimore tries hard to be a luxury hotel but it's in need of a facelift. Not worth the $370/night I paid. Service was good but the rooms are tired, double bed (not Queen) was small.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear James R. Thank you for your review. As I've mentioned in other replies upgrades to our facility are on the way and I'm sure it will be to everyone's liking. Please stay in touch for updates on when we expect to have these upgrades in place. Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Royal Sonesta in Baltimore. The staff was very accommodating in all our needs. From the front desk to the valets. We were in town for a wedding and some of our party required special needs which were addressed in a timely manner with a smile. Would not hesitate recommending the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim M
Dear Jim. Thank you for the 5 star review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accommodating to your needs. I appreciate the recommendation to our hotel. I hope that you will be a chance to stay with us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Allentown
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Location may be everything but as a frequent traveler I was very disappointed. Outdated rooms uncomfortable beds and no duvet covers. For the price I would not come back I'm sorry it needs to be updated

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sarah L. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Your comments are very much appreciated and I happy to say that plans are under way to make improvements to our guestrooms. Please be on the lookout for information about the upgrades. We hope that you will consider a return visit in the future once the project has been completed. Thank you again.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We go to Baltimore frequently and have stayed at several very nice hotels. The Harbor Court ranks with the best. It is well maintained with excellent accommodating staff. We came for a Sunday bike ride. We were offered the option of paying for an extended check out or using the pool/fitness facilities when we returned. We had a beautiful and comfortable room with a large sitting area. We checked out at 6:30 and stored our luggage. Upon return we were given a key to the pool area and were able to relax and then shower and change.
The bell staff was amazing. They stored our bikes overnight and then our luggage during our ride. They were friendly and helpful.
Carmen at the front desk was amazing and the other front desk people were equally pleasant. The coffee shop was great for a quick breakfast before our ride and made a great Mocha later.
Overall, this was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard view - this was fine but I probably would have preferred a city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol0910
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Carol0910. Thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with our staff, especially Carmen at the front desk. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Spent one night there with family. Very nice hotel but used the Valet parking and the attendant left the auxiliary power on in my car causing the battery to drain. Apparently I wasn't the first car that day that had the same problem. Valets were very nice and apologized. They jump started my battery without difficulty and off we went.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Gina L
Dear Gina L. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I was sorry to hear there was trouble with your vehicle. I'm glad our Valet staff were able to assist and get you back on the road. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the Baltimore area, we would love another opportunity to welcome you back.
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I go to Baltimore at least once a year to see a baseball game and I've stayed at all the hotels in the inner harbor. This was the first time at the Royal Sonesta and I have to say that it is by far the best of the best. The staff is the most accommodating I've seen and the view is spectacular. We stayed for 3 nights and in that time we never had to use our car. When we were ready to leave our car battery was dead. The hotel staff not only used his own vehicle to give us a jump but refused a tip when I tried to give it to him. He said it was all part of the hotel experience. Like I said I go there at least once a year and from now on I have no intensions of staying anywhere else. Thank you Royal Sonesta for a great time :-)

Room Tip: The harbor view suites are terriffic
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob C
Dear Bob C. Thank you for the 5 star review and for sharing your experience with us regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with and will be coming back in the future. It makes me very proud to hear how the Staff handled the situation with your car battery. Our staff makes every effort to make each guest feel as at home as possible while going above and beyond to meet their expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Baltimore
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have held our annual seminar in this hotel for the past few years. I have always experienced a very courteous staff, clean rooms and good food. They do a wonderful job with seminars and groups. Although I love this hotel, it might be a little pricey for a middle income family to stay for more than a day or two, but it is definitely a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

2 Thank Matthew P
Dear Matthew P. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the 5 Stars! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your meeting was a success. We look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you again.