“our stay”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we spent a lot of money to stay in this hotel....the carpets were old, Some parts of the hotel were nice but for the money we paid the beds were terrible and we did not get a good night's sleep. Also, I felt the room was run down for being so expensive. We chose this hotel because of the photos of beautiful rooms and I felt our room was not very nice. Would not stay here again....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear spastudioatUS, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As I've mentioned in previous responses, changes are in the works for upgrades for the hotel. Perhaps after completion, you would reconsider and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here from Thursday through Saturday. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very sweet and gracious. Every staff member we passed said hello or good morning. It is easy to see they take great pride in their hotel. The room itself was also very clean (no dust on the picture frames, and I was very happy that there were no dust bunnies under the bed!). It is a quick walk to the main area, with the marina and the restaurants, which was wonderful to wander through and see. All in all, a very pleasant stay. Thank you to Michael, Carlo, and Michele for making our check out process quick and pleasant. Even when there was an issue on the bill, it was quickly and politely rectified. We would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debbie F
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Debbie F. Thank you for the 5 stars and for the lovely review from your recent stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I thank you for sharing your experience through this review. I will be sure to inform the employees mentioned how grateful you were for their assistance. Thank you again and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful throughout the course of the stay. The room was clean, with an incredible view of the harbor. We had breakfast at one of the in-hotel restaurants, and it was excellent. The hotel itself is in walking distance of attractions (the National Aquarium, which was our destination that day), food, and shopping. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Will E

Dear Will E., Thank you for the 5 stars and for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was very accommodating to your needs. I've mentioned the views from our harborview rooms and cannot say enough on how spectacular they are, especially during sunrise and sunset. Thank you again for sharing your experience and the staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked a block of 3 rooms and had originally requested all rooms to have 2 beds. However, at check-in, I was told that NO double rooms were available. Michael at the front desk could clearly see and hear my disappointment, as a group of us were there for my brother's bachelor party. I asked him if there was anything we can do, fully understanding that the "rules" state that bed requests cannot be guaranteed. He could have easily told me there was nothing he could do in his sold-out hotel, and although I would have been disappointed, it would have been well within his hotel's "rules" to do so.

Instead, Michael was easily the greatest hotel desk attendant with which I have ever encountered. He not only stayed calm at my frustration and apologized, but did everything he could to rectify the situation. He upgraded us to an unbelievable suite, not once, but twice, to ensure my group could stay together! He did it all with a smile on his face and with compassion that made our hotel stay one of the highlights of the entire trip. Our view was amazing, our accommodations were amazing, but the most important part was that a hotel staff member went out of their way unnecessarily to make us happy, and that person was Michael.

The beds were comfortable, bathroom was huge, location was fantastic, and every staff member we encountered was friendly and polite. We didn't get to use the fitness room or pool, but I'm sure that was lovely too!

I can't thank him enough for turning what could have been a bachelor party disaster into a wonderful experience. I'm a Hilton Honors member, but after this recent experience, will always look for Royal Sonesta in the future. Keep up the good work, Michael, and thanks again for everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bibbseat55

Dear Bibbseat55, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for the 5 stars. I am so pleased to hear that Michael went out of his way to ensure that your party's stay was nothing but above your expectations. I will be sure and share your review with Michael and I'm sure he will remember your group fondly. It's very heartwarming to hear how much of an impact our employees have regarding our guests' experience and Michael has certainly gone above and beyond. Thank you again and the staff, I and Michael look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Royal Sonesta possesses an interior charm that is unexpected when you see the huge tower that most people mistake as part of the hotel. The tower is actually condos and the hotel is really a small, boutique hotel located in a prime, Inner Harbor location. Convenient to walking to Federal Hill and the stadiums, I recommend the Royal Sonesta for travelers that appreciate culture, quality service and personalized attention. The venues they have for weddings and parties are also amazingly elegant. From the moment you walk into the lobby by the double grand staircase, you feel like you have walked into a southern mansion and not a hotel. Additionally, my wife and I were not disappointed by the food in the Explorers lounge which has a feel to it that is reminiscent of Hemingway, tall tales and a bygone era.

Room Tip: If you do not specify a water view room you may be facing the interior courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TitoHobo

Dear TitoHobo. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the 5 stars. I am glad to hear you and your wife very much enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned the hotel is convenient to Federal Hill and the Stadiums, but should anyone wish to travel further, the Charm City Circulator can transport you to anywhere on their route free of charge. It's a great perk to have in the city and has become very popular with many of our guests. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Royal Sonesta Inner Harbor is convenient to all the attractions. Staff is extremely friendly. This was my second stay and the hotel staff was very friendly and responded to all requests. I would recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jamaicabeach

Dear Jamaicabeach. Thank you so much for the 5 stars in your review. I am pleased to hear this was your second stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the other staff members. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for third time in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location was central and easy for everything that we wanted to do. The valet staff is exceptional. They felt a little under-staffed and overwhelmed with a.) a holiday weekend, b.) the NCAA lacrosse tournament in town and c.) an Oriole's home-stand weekend. Check-in was only ONE employee and the concierge NEVER picked up the phone on Saturday evening when we wanted assistance with dinner plans.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George P

Dear George P. Thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that there were a few issues with your stay regarding service. I will be discussing these with the appropriate managers to find out how we can better serve our guests. Thank you again and the staff and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.