“Good Location”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Good Location”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great location. This hotel did not honor the room that was confirmed with my reservation. We reserved a King size bed with City View. We got Queen size bed with Courtyard view. Yes, they did knock off a certain amount but not per night because they deemed the rooms comparable That never seems to be the case when you are booking the trip. Not sure there is much difference between a three star and four star hotel.

1 Thank Tanya P
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Tanya P, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your room request for your visit. We try our best to provide the requested room accommodations, but sometimes do run into circumstances beyond our control. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a wonderful time in BAltimore with Family and Friends. The service at the Royal Sonesta was superior, even the staff serving room service gave you a hearty hello in passing in the halls. Reception was letting a guest know they serve one of the best crab cakes in Baltimore and hearing this, I just had to have one. What great sales and representation for the hotel. At night coming back to the hotel, Ernest and Tanya were there with a smile and asking how our evening was...very welcoming...here's hoping another relative will get married in Baltimore!
The crab cakes were yummy!

Room Tip: We had three rooms and all had a good view of the harbor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear cayuca22, Thank you for submitted a 5 star review from your recent stay, it truly is appreciated. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating. The staff makes every effort to make each guest feel welcome and provide them with a sense of being "home". I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the crab cake from Explorer's. They are, in my opinion, the best in the city. Thank you again, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I just finished a wonderful weekend in Baltimore. We were celebrating our anniversary. We chose the Royal Sonesta primarily on its location at Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
I will tell you all we were quite surprised at how much we loved this hotel. It started with the concierge providing some ideas for a romantic start (the chocolate covered strawberries were amazing, and I believe done in house) and arranged dinner for us at a great restaurant in the Little Italy section of Baltimore..Arriving at the hotel we found the entire experience pleasant. From the parking experience, where our valet told us "you're not just renting a room, your getting an entire staff". The view from our room was as good as the the advertisements, with the Baltimore inner harbor on display. The room lighting was good, with enough light to read, dimmable lights for mood setting. We had a wonderful soaking tub, ahh how relaxing. The only drawback was the pillows. My wife and I prefer firmer pillows.
Valet parking has unlimited in and out. Our valet told us "call anytime, even if you just want to look at your car".
The room was quiet, no hall or street noise.
We had a wonderful, romantic stay. If you get the chance, stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Brendan B., thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and wonderful review of your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay while celebrating your anniversary. We try our best to add special little touches here and there when guests are celebrating a life event, but the staff makes an effort to go the extra mile with all of our guests. It is good to hear the staff's restaurant recommendation was a hit and to answer your inquiry, our chocolate covered strawberries are made by our pastry department. Thank you again for the glowing review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, perhaps for next year's anniversary!
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel was great. It has a very old world look to it but is located in a great spot. The room was very large and had a lot of room to move around. We will stay here again. The staff handled another customers complaint of the pool closing to early very well. very professional.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Michael H. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. We do have a premier location with an added bonus of having larger rooms than our competitors. Most attractions are within walking distance or just a short cab ride away. Thank you again, and the staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court in Baltimore for three nights. We were there for a wedding which they also catered. On the positive side, the location is excellent for the harbor area and downtown. The staff was one the best overall from the bellman on up that I have been around. Food, although a little pricey, was very good. The catering group were really professional and on top of their game. On the not so spectacular side, the hotel needs upgrade and remodel. Although very clean and well maintained, the facility does not meet a four star rating. Rooms were well maintained but once again they need some updating to meet the price. Although I might stay there again, I would look at my other options first.

Room Tip: Harbor side may cost more but the other views leave a lot to be desired
1 Thank Richard J
Dear Richard J., Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you did have an enjoyable time. We receive many guest comments about how clean our rooms are kept, but they are in dire needs of an upgrading. I couldn't agree more and as I've mentioned in previous responses, an upgrade for our guest rooms is in the beginning stages. With that being said, I hope when your travels bring you back to Baltimore, that you would consider us to be your first option. I do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The ambiance of the hotel is wonderful. Staff very friendly and solicitous of our needs. Breakfast at Explorers excellent. Buffet is available but we always order from the menu. Server(s) very pleasant, polite and generous with their time. Showed my wife how to fold the napkins with panache. Lots of fun.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear John M., Happy belated Anniversary and thank you for the 5 star review. I am pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience when encountering our staff, breakfast in Explorer's and the overall feeling of the hotel. I truly appreciate your kind words and will be sure and share with my staff members. I hope to welcome you back soon and if not, perhaps on your next anniversary.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Issues we had with this hotel: There were stains on a lobby rug and on our hotel room carpet, a dirty glass was found behind the curtain in our room, desk staff said the would get us directions and never did, telephone in our room did not work, water from the shower (which is a stand up tile shower with no tub) ran into the bathroom and all over the floor, and the beds wre not very comfortable. Parking deck attached to the hotel was very expensive!

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Angela C., thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take these matters seriously and strive to work towards a resolution in an effort to prevent them happening again in the future. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate department managers. Upgrades are coming to the hotel in the future; we hope you will perhaps consider a visit after the upgrades are completed.