“great place for an event”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Held Wedding reception here. Cannot say enough good things about the service of the staff.From the Valet to the servers and bartenders, just excellent and friendly. The venue is beautiful, the location perfect. Jay Day, the events manager is wonderful. This exceeded all our expectations!

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear William L. Thank you for your recent review and for the 5 stars. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. So very happy to hear Jay was of great assistance and that we exceeded your expectations. It would be wonderful to welcome you back on your 1st Anniversary! We hope to see you then!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We got a harbor facing king bed room with our 10 month old son because we wanted to enjoy the fireworks with him indoors. This was just what we were looking for! Super clean, comfy bed, wonderful service, no neighbor/hall noise, cheaper than anywhere in DC, better fireworks, HUGE room, great hotel deal with valet parking and aquarium tix, walking distance to everything, just perfect.

I took off a star because, as others have said, it is a bit out dated. Updates have been made where it matters (the bed, chairs, carpet etc.) but you get a very old vibe. Also, the TV was old, small and a little fuzzy (my husband and I really enjoy watching tv in hotels because we don't have it at home). Finally, there were some small things we were surprised about like only one box of tissues, no stocked snacks/drinks, dim light in bathroom. But really these things were relatively minor.

3  Thank Alicia C

Dear Alicia C. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your son enjoyed the fireworks from your room and on July 4th, Harborview’s are a must! We are currently in the beginning stages of addressing the hotel being outdated. Keep an eye out for updates regarding this matter. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Last year, I paid a fortune to stay at a hotel in the Harbor and was highly disappointed, so needless to say, I was a bit wary when making a reservation with another downtown hotel. The Rotal Sonesta not only exceeded my expectations, it was by far one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. From the moment I pulled into the valet til checkout, the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was immaculate and elegant, and the rooms were spacious and clean. I highly recommend the Royal Sonesta. It is five star luxury at a three star price.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear TMH777, Thank you for the glowing review from your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. The 5 stars are also greatly appreciated. The staff and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your needs. We strive to make each guest feel unique and welcomed as possible. I am glad to hear we lived up to those expectations. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here just one night, but the service and accommodations were exceptional in every regard. From our early check-in, to the aquarium package, to our valet parking, everything exceeded our expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Michael R. Thank you for the review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was able to accommodate your needs. Hope you were able to get out and see some of the sights in Baltimore in addition to the Aquarium. The pleasure would be all mine to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I took my son to Baltimore to watch a few O's games at Camden Yards. The hotel is in a great location for enjoying all that the Inner Harbor has to offer and getting to and from Camden Yards without ever needing a car. 10 minute walk to Camden Yards and just a few minutes to the harbor.

The hotel is in a fairly quiet section of the harbor with amazing views if you choose a harbor view room. Well worth the $ for that view.

The staff greets you as if you're their only guest. The staff opens the doors when you leave and when you return, is very helpful at the front desk, and attends to any needs that you have.

When I told the staff at check-in that I was treating my son to a "guy's weekend" in honor of him completing elementary school with perfect grades and positioning himself for a strong and successful entry into the next level of school, they were quick to congratulate him and made him feel special for his achievements in school. We went out for dinner and came back a few hours later to find that they had left a card addressed to my son as well as chocolate inside our room for him to enjoy. My son is gluten free so I took my son downstairs to thank the staff and find out if the chocolate was safe for him to eat. The first person we spoke to at the desk wasn't certain what was in the dessert and asked if he wanted anything else to enjoy. Both of us said they had done enough and we really appreciated it and nothing more was necessary. They insisted that at the very least they offer him breakfast. Even though the menu doesn't offer gluten free breads as an option, to our surprise they found an amazing zucchini bread for him to enjoy and provided it each day during our stay.

Needless to say, we felt very special during our stay and would absolutely return to this hotel as well as the Baltimore area.

Room Tip: Choose a harbor view room. Well worth the extra cost. Choose AAA option to safe even more!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Steven L. Thank you for the wonderful review from your stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore and for the 5 Stars!!! The staff and I thank you for your kind words and we are pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay. Your son's accomplishment deserved a special reward and we are happy to go the extra mile to offer a little extra to help you celebrate his success. I will share your comments with our Chef to see if there is something we can do in the future. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am certain that this has been said of the Baltimore Royal Sonesta staff before now however it is the front facing people of an establishment or business that makes the first and last impression. From the outdoor staff at the doors (and performing in house service), to the front desk, to those tending our rooms, to those at the restaurant and bar, to those who helped us with extended booking, thank you for your part in making this trip perfect! Each person we encountered before and during our stay seemed to us genuinely devoted to superior service and in particular, to us. They made us feel that we really did matter and that our happiness was truly important to them. When away from home, very professional, always attentive, patient, helpful, knowledgeable people are what make the biggest difference between a good or not so good experience.
The staff at the Royal Sonesta had warm, friendly smiles for us at every turn, no matter where we were in the building (seemed like a castle) and as such the Baltimore R.S. staff trumped any previous personal experiences at similar hotels.

We were at the Baltimore R.S. with a wedding party for the weekend and since we were coming from California wanted to see and taste more of Baltimore and Washington D.C. without having to move to another hotel. Upon requesting an extension of the special rates given us for the wedding days, we were quickly assured that we would be accommodated and thus began a wonderful vacation!

We love boats and water bodies (understatement) and this was our first visit to Baltimore so we stayed in a Harbor View room. I can’t even imagine staying in any other room if you are a boat/water lover. Any ‘down’ time was mostly spent at our comfortable round table in the front window alcove, watching boats, people, buildings, comings, goings, weather and the likes or laying on the large oh-so-comfy king bed (and we were glad we brought our little binoculars). The king bed was firm however a cush on top so even though my husband and I like a different bed (he likes soft, I like firm) this bed was the best of both worlds and best quality linens. Lights next to our bed swang in or out. We had a large desk to conduct business, an easy chair, an ottoman at the the foot of our bed (nearly the entire width of the bed), dressers and nightstands with plenty of storage, should you need it. There was a large wall mirror close to the natural light from the front alcove windows. It was an extremely comfortable room. This room was well insulated so that although we might have heard some next room doings, it was not noisy or unmanageable. The lighting was good in the room and you could get bright light if you needed it. The room had a good, quick thermostat.

The anteroom (entry room) was a good size and contained a well-equipped closet with slatted door and marble bar with cupboard storage and fridge (doors closed over the fridge). The bar had a large mirror. The bath was wonderful. The tub itself was large and with grab bars. Open cabinets on either side of the vanity sink provided lots of huge fluffy towels and plenty of storage area. There was a television on the wall and a telephone in the vanity area (so you could watch tv while shaving). I could stand in front of the large vanity mirror and position the bath door’s mirror so that I could see the back of my hair. The marble floors were slippery so remember to put towels down. The soaps/conditioners provided were lovely, a little on the tropical side (but not too much) and I loved them.

Walking throughout the building was relaxing and fun. There were a lot of long halls, large glassed areas, windows, and paintings, all nicely lit. The gym was good. It had lots of equipment and different rooms. There were therapy rooms, aerobics rooms, rowing rooms, weight rooms and more. There were 3 or 4 treadmills and I think 3 ellipticals. There were about 8 different toning/muscle building machines with good instructions. There were plenty of towels, showers, and a stash of cleaner/wipes to use to wipe down the machines. Nice indoor pool up on one of the roofs (life guard was there but is not a baby sitter), with spacious patio and lawn areas outside to either sit and talk or lay around and take in some sun. Racquet and basketball also was outside.

The business room off the lobby was perfect. It had two big red leather chairs and two awesome fast Dell computers with a printer in between…very nice. There is a cute coffee shop, accessible via the lobby or from the outside and does have outdoor tables, pastries, yogurt and I think some other goodies. There are large sitting areas in the lobby and also a large library off the lobby with plenty of seating too. The large ascending, curving staircase in the middle of the lobby is elegant and graceful.

We had breakfast one day in the restaurant, Explorers, upstairs. It was good. You could choose from the menu or have the buffet for $20. I chose menu and opted for fruit vs potatoes/hash browns and was pleased at the portion of fresh fruit I received. I would suggest the chef opt for a grainier bread for the wheat or get rid of the wheat and offer a nice organic multigrain. Prices were quite fair for breakfast, in-house, with beautiful surroundings (rich furnishings, paintings, area rugs, large glass, high ceilings…very nice). We did have room service on Monday night and it was good! We only had the chicken sandwich and the Kobe sliders but they were good, came hot and came quickly, once ordered. Our water came in crystal glasses with fine stainless cutlery.

If I were to make one suggestion about the room (and to save a vacationing person from possible high blood pressure), I would recommend some kind of a guide …either digital or on paper that could show what the television stations are showing and the times. We like to see local news and could not find any, nor could we determine what shows were on at what time. We had to channel surf, which caused frustration.

The hotel has their own (very nice) car service and we would recommend you pay the few dollars more to use it (after having used a few regular cabs, we can say this with conviction).

We would highly recommend the Baltimore Royal Sonesta to anyone, any situation.

Room Tip: If you do want to see Harbor view, remember that on regular week days there is commute traffic so re...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear 50PlusCalifornia, Thank you for the 5 stars and for such a flattering review! I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. It was nice to hear how pleasant and attentive the staff had been while you were here and how our hospitality made you feel completely at home. It was nice to hear that you were able to extend your stay and visit with us a bit longer and get to see more of Baltimore. The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just stayed for the first time for a business trip. What a excellent hotel and even better location. It was within walking distance of most places to see or a very short cab ride. Hotel staff was very nice and pleasnt to work with. Facility was in excellent condition, I would recomend this Hotel to my fellow work partners as a place to stay in Baltimore.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Craig K., Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay and for teh 5 star review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your business meeting and were able to get out of thotel to see the city sights. For future reference, the Charm City Circulator is another great way to get around downtown Baltimore, and best of all it's free!! The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!