“Rooms with a View!”

Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Rooms with a View!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Best part of our visit to Inner Harbor was staying at this hotel. Spectacular Harbor view - book the package and get free valet parking and breakfast during your stay. We were greeted warmly by Jonathan, who also gave us some excellent dining recommendations. Our room, with it's amazing view of the harbor, was exceptionally clean and well appointed with a large bathroom. We would have had to order a LOT of food for breakfast to go over our $25 per person package allotment. Location is perfect for those of us who enjoy walking to our destination, and yet the free city bus service (Charm City Circulator) had a stop a half a block away from the hotel for those who preferred to ride. Water taxi's were across the street and about 2 blocks. We heard no noise in the halls and even though there were large group meetings being held there was no elevator hassles or crowding in the lounging areas.

ONLY complaint - which I want to make clear was IMMEDIATELY rectified by management - was lounge bartender. Despite hearing us ask for the happy hour cocktail specials (and not being able to suggest ANY) he never gave any indication that the cosmo's we decided upon were not part of a happy hour price. Getting the bill for $15.00 for ONE cosmo near made me fall off the barstool. Plus he was rude, had no bartender "chatter" and didn't even give us complimentary nuts like others had. Again, management went over the top after we stopped down to give notice of our discontent.

Room Tip: Definitely pay a little more for the harbor view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lucky1135
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear lucky1135, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. That particular package is one of our most popular and we often receive great feedback from our guests. I am sorry hear there was an issue in the Lounge, but pleased to hear that it was immediately resolved. Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I hate going to a lovely looking hotel and having some young 'wanna be if they could be' look at you as if they instantly take a dislike to you??? What is that all about it? Immediately you feel they are trying to find you THE WORST ROOM they can slot you in. And guess what. They found it. Well, I travel soooo much for business I've actually had this happen a few times. Maybe it's too early/late for the front desk staff but I then asked for a higher room. Not that I was allowed to get too high bc I might get a view and that's going to cost me more money. Omg it's about here wen I wish i could mention my previous role as a HR manager with a well known 5 star hotel. Anyway we just put up with the dirty looks directed towards us. When we went to our room we needed to get house keeping to return as they hadn't completed their job. Nothing serious...it could happen anywhere. But geeeez staff here need lessons on how to smile I think. Mind you the bell boys should be the ones teaching them ...

Now the rooms, bed, bathroom, fridge etc etc are lovely. We had a odd view of a brick wall and the sky. Lol. But the extra large room was beautiful. 5stars

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aussiebab
Dear Aussiebab, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding your visit. I am sorry to hear you felt the staff was unaccommodating. These matters are not taken lightly and we appreciate your bringing them to our attention. These matters will be discussed in further detail with our team members. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our large rooms and their amenities. Thank you again and I do hope you would consider us again for a future visit to prove this the exception and not the rule.
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are ever at the Baltimore Harbor the only place to stay would be at the Royal Sonnesta This is a bit of heaven on earth. From the staff to the hotel everything is beautiful The staff made us feel like royalty and treated us as such. I had mentioned it was our 30 year anniversary celebration and the staff upgraded our room and sent us champange and chocolate covered strawberries. Thank you Royal Sonessta for making our stay beyond special

1 Thank Raymond B
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Raymond B. First, I would like to say Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 30 years of marriage. Secondly, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to make your visit a memorable one for your special occasion. Wishing you many more happy years together and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 July 2014

i had a great experience during my stay from 19 to 26 June 2014 , wanderful location , suitable for tourism , shopping , and for family as well. My exceptional experience was even better because of the staff working in the hotel , specially Mr. Jonathan Knox he was really helpful , gave us sincere advice , did all the reservations we need to travel to Washington DC , and to New York . He gave us advice on several tours and to the outlet mall , Really I am Thankful for him and for the hotel for the amazing stay in baltimore

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MElsabbahy
Dear MElsabbahy, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for the 5 star review. Jonathan is without a doubt one of the most caring and hardworking staff members we have on our team. He is genuine and cares very much for our guests. I am pleased that he was able to assist you with your needs. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is FANTASTIC. Historical, friendly, and well worth the $$.
For the extra 15 or 20 dollars upgrade to the most fantastic view of Inner Harbor.
We went for the Fourth Of July. Jonathon at the Front desk was Great! He was warm, Friendly and fun. Maria in the lounge in the afternoon was vary informative and we had a great lunch there at the bar! At night the view of the harbor was incredible. The sun did make me get out of bed to admire the sunrise in the harbor. Then I closed the curtain and got some rest.
The only off comment was Cliff, the nighttime bartender. He seemed like he wanted to be ANYWHERE else. As people ion the service Industry ourselves, we felt it was a shame that he was just; for lack of a better term, just "there". The gardens in the courtyards are very well taken care of, as is the entire hotel itself. You won't find a better place to stay in Inner Harbor!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank joby85
Dear joby85, Thank you for the 5 star review and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the view from your room. The harborview rooms boast the most spectacular sunrise. Your comment regarding our server in the lounge has been shared with the appropriate management and this issue will be addressed. I will be sure and let Jonathan know you were fond of his customer service. The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Baltimore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've read many reviews before I arrived at the Royal Sonesta. So I expected the somewhat aged carpeting (and yes there's an old hotel smell that I didn't expect - I had the junior king suite) and understand that they will be renovating later this winter. I felt the view was awesome overlooking the inner harber from the 6th floor and the suite was very spacious. I felt for the price the LCD TV shouldve been upgraded with a high definition LED TV and the huge tub shouldve been jetted. In fact, I dont think the signal was high def. Not a huge deal killer, but it was noticeable along with the carpet wear and smell.
In all, me and my company enjoyed our stay. I would recommend someone to stay at this hotel, but inform them of my observations and also tell them that their reaching a time when renovations are due (like most hotels). Great view, customer service, and working appliances.
Oh, yeah, almost forgot... I had the Baltimore aquarium package and was able to check out the hotel, visit the aquarium, eat, and return to get my lugage and valet parked vehicle before 6pm (valet expiration). I did notice that my vehicle was parked outside on the side of the building by the valet overnight and throughout the day (just wouldve expected a 70K vehicle parked in the parking garage out of plain sight from the nearby bus stop and loiters - Im just sayin'). Thanks!

1 Thank Omari B
Dear Omari B., Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our view of the Harbor is the best in Baltimore I am happy you were able to enjoy the view. The staff and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Chantilly, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel staff went above and beyond our expectations. The hotel food was wonderful. The location is convenient. We will be staying there every time we visit Baltimore. The rooms are beautiful and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Richard S. We truly appreciate your 5 star review and thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit. I am pleased to hear the staff and I can expect to see you in the future for additional stays. The staff strives to go above and beyond making each guest feel our unique Sonesta culture. Looking forward to welcoming you back!!