“Location is great - parking is a problem ($)”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Charleston, South Carolina
“Location is great - parking is a problem ($)”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

walking distance to all the inner harbor stuff. Parking (self) is crazy expensive $26 per day and if you come and go during the day add another $15-$20 to that. rooms are nice -- room service was pretty good, the food wasn't great but not bad either. Pretty cool beehive on the 3rd floor.
Had an issues with the air conditioner and not only did they immediately move us to another room but also gave us an upgrade to harbor view so kudos to them for that. It's big so if walking is an issue, ask for room location on check in. We were there for a lacrosse tournament so lots of driving, I was shocked at how little traffic we experience. :)

Room Tip: harbor view is nice -- we were upgraded so not sure what the premium is
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LowDawg
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear LowDawg, thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear the staff was able to assist with the room issue and provide you with an upgrade. I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to move you to another room due to the issue with the air conditioning in your initial room. The issue has been addressed and resolved. I'm very excited you had the opportunity to check out our bee hive on the 3rd floor garden. We've had it now for several years and use a bit of the honey in some of our dishes. It sounds as if you paid the parking garage directly. If you pay through the hotel, tax is added on, but that allows you in and out privileges during your stay at no additional charge. The price is $26/per day, plus tax. I apologize this was not made more clear to you if this happens to be the case. Thank you again and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
Lutherville, MD
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is very convenient to Baltimore Harbor attractions! The hotel staff is super friendly and helpful. It's clean, attractive and very welcoming. On our second day a lens of my glasses fell out. I went down to the front desk to ask about an eyeglass store nearby and the person at the desk said, "wait a minute, I have a small eyeglass screwdriver." She went away, came back and sure enough, it did the job! I was so, so grateful!

Room Tip: The higher floor has the best harbor view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dorothy012
Dear Dorothy012, thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to assist with your eye glass repair. One of our goals is to make you feel at home and we make every attempt to provide the small things that make a difference with your stay. Your comments suggest we succeeded; thank you again for sharing your experience!!! The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was fantastic. The hotel beautiful, and the staff was the best ever. I was in Baltimore with my boyfriend to celebrate our one year anniversary. While getting ready for dinner, the strap on my dress broke. I was panicking because I did not bring anything else nice enough to wear, thankfully the front desk staff saved the day by providing a travel sewing kit that worked like a charm.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Stephanie K
Dear Stephanie K., thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for the 5 stars. I'm very happy to hear the staff was able to assist you with getting your strap fixed on your dress. I know how frustrating it can be not to have the most simplest of items at your disposal. I hope you enjoyed celebrating your one year anniversary and I thank you for choosing the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. It would be an honor to welcome you back in the future, perhaps for your 2nd anniversary!
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We only stayed overnight on a Saturday and chose this hotel for its location. Right on the Inner Harbor and convenient to all the attractions: ballparks, museums etc. only short walk away.
Check-in was easy, Carmen welcomed us with smile and made every effort to make us feel comfortable and told us all the hotel had to offer. Parking garage is part of hotel and included in price of room. Room was large and very clean and well appointed. We were with another couple and had plenty of room, Bathroom large with plenty of towels and hot water.
Breakfast (included for all four) was awesome! Large selections, from fruit and cereal to hot foods. And as much as you can eat!
Whenever we walked into hotel we were greeted with smiles and "Welcomes" from the staff
Check-out was simple and, again, Carmen thanked us for staying there.
Glad we chose this hotel and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cheech522
Dear cheech522, thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Carmen provided exceptional service to you and your guests. The hotel provides many amenities for our guests in order to make them feel as comfortable as possible during their stay. Providing accommodation packages affords our guests the opportunity to have their meals and parking combined to provide a more cost effective visit. I do hope you will visit us again in the future as the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Baltimore
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Royal Sonest sits right across the street from the beautiful Baltimore Inner Habor. Room was upgraded for free to a view over the water. Staff is friendly and the location is perfect for exploring the surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Equan S
Dear Guest G., thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for give us 5 stars. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. The views from our harborview rooms are the best in the city and the location of the hotel is centrally located to most attractions and restaurants. The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Baltimore
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I thought it had a European flare to the hotel, I never expected this in Baltimore. I like the wide circular staircase, the courtyard for the car entrance and especially the Roof top Garden, especially under the stars at night!!! I strongly suggest to add more floors to enjoy the Harbor view.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank William K
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear William K. Thank you for your lovely review and for the 5 stars. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. The terrace is beautiful at night and provides such an inviting ambience. Hopefully you will have the opportunity in the future to visit us again.