“Very nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Location is great for Camden Yards or football. You can walk to Inner Harbor but it may be far if you want to walk around there or you are not used to walking. I would recommend the city's free bus line. The orange route will take you there. The room was clean and you can tell it was remodeled. I would stay here again. The coffee shop in the lobby is nice. My only complaint is that since you have to pay tor parking that breakfast should be free. Having to pay for both ducks and adds up. Other Holiday inns I don't have to pay for either.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank stephanie m
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thanks for taking time to review your stay with us here in Baltimore. Glad that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hi, I stayed here with my family for Thanksgiving because they are a pet friendly hotel. First, I asked the housekeeping lady if I can take my dog to the pool area, she said yes, I can tie him up. When I get there the boy there tells me no, but I fought that because they already told me yes, so he let me. Then, I am at the lobby, by the coffee shop, with husband and sister in law ordering pizza. I notice a big tall African American guy calling me to the counter, who walked by me a minute ago, and tells me I need to go get my dog because they are complaining about him. I am like, my dog is right here, how is he bothering ppl when he hasn't been in the room for hours, plus he doesn't bark. He's like, they're still complaining, or its the other dog. I don't have another dog, it was my sister's dog who I am not reponsi le for, he keeps asking me all these questions about her room # which I didn't know. It was really frustrating, instead of pointing fingers he should have go upstairs and d his JOB, and not embarrase guests at the lobby. Also, I had to call the front desk 4 times to get cups for my room they took 25min and I am noy making this up. We ate the pizza without anything to drink. The front desk lady asked if someone could get tjem for me. Really?!

• Stayed: November 2013
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Gomonica,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am truly sorry that you had to have a unsatisfactory stay with here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor.

We are indeed a pet friendly hotel, when check in pet are registered with the front desk and placed on our pet friendly floor. So we know were all the pet's are in the hotel. I will have to investigate were this miscommunication happened.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Holiday Inn is well situated for the Convention Center, which is only a block along. My room was spacious, and had free wifi connection, with a good number of power sockets. Dining facilities are good. The Eden West Bar was great for relaxing in comfort for a light meal. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The one drawback about the hotel was the noise from the air-conditioning system. I had a room on the second floor, which looked out on an air-conditioning plant which added sound to the already loud and intermittent air-conditioning noise in the bedroom. Because of the outlook, the room was also on the dark side.

Taking into account the room price, good facilities and the pleasant staff, I would certainly stay at the Holiday Inn again, but I think I would ask for a different room.

Room Tip: I'd avoid rooms facing Pratt Street, particularly those lower down. I had 215, which had the pro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor while attending a convention across the street. It is always good to hear feedback, whether positive or negative to better improve our hotel. We are constantly trying to make the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor.

We are pleased to note that you liked our room accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with the noisy HVAC unit, Immediately after we saw this review we placed the room Out of Order to inspect it. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Should your travels bring you back to Charm City, we hope you be your hosts again, until then Happy Holidays and Safe Travels,

General Manger

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel was fine, quite room. Hot chocolate and hot cider in lobby on cold nights. But the room needs remodeling, bath especially. The tub was chipped, the paint flaking and the bath light was ill fitted for room. When I stepped out of the shower I had to watch so I didn't hit my head.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Wm Curtis H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor, we are in fact starting to do guest room renovations this winter and will have refreshed hotel just in time for spring 2014. We do certainly hope you will visit us again to see our enhancements, I will pass along your kind comments about our staff.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I had to come to Johns Hopkins Hospital recently. This was a very convenient location plus they gave you a taxi voucher to and from the hospital which was greatly appreciated. Cab from BWI to Baltimore are roughly $40 depending on where you are going. Our stay was nice and the price was right, clean, comfortable, helpful staff typical of Holiday Inn properties. The restaurant in the hotel was not wonderful but certainly not horrible, very slow service but decent food nothing memorable. Wish we had had time to walk down to inner harbor.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Bettye J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor here in Baltimore, MD. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and from your comments it seems that you are satisfied with the Holiday Inn brand as well.

I will pass your comments on to the Food and Beverage team to see what happened with the slow service. Please accept my apologies for that.

We hope your next visit to Baltimore, brings you to the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Clean room, but a bit dated. Too brown. Room desk chair should be an embarrasment to management - old cracked leather flaking off. Come on. 6th floor. Old hotel smell and windows don't open. Great location by the harbor. Friendly service. Stayed 1 night for business. I'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our facilities, I have sent your summarized issues to our Chief Engineer and Director of Housekeeping so they can have our Operations staff check the rooms daily and check up on some of the items you pointed out.

Thanks for the great comments on the our downtown location. I have taken personal note of your review to share with our staff to ensure that future guest’s experiences are nothing short of superior. These reviews are of great importance to us in allowing us to continually monitor and improve our service. We hope that you come back in the future and see how your feedback positively affected the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor.

Of course, as always, if I can be of assistance with anything moving forward please contact me directly and it would my pleasure to personally assist. Thank you again very much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor, we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice hotel only about a 10 min walk to harbor. We were on the 6th floor and did not hear any noise from the street. We were in the main building. The only issue was trying to find the bartender to get a drink in the lounge at night. Had to actually call the 1-800 number to find her then she had no idea how to make my drink. The bellboy was very helpful with restaurant info for the area.

Room Tip: Higher up to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Susan,

Thanks for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us. Thanks for the kind words about our bellman, I will make sure to share it with the team.

I am sorry about your experience in our Food and Beverage outlets, I will make sure to share these comments with our Food and Beverage team to try and find out what happened.

We hope to host you again in the future.